Why Are We Not Winning Superbowls?

Milanos Milano

37 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I want to spin this off from the Josh is lazy thread, and really debate this at face value. Let’s look at other QBs and their “work ethic” “talent abilities” and compare them to get a better idea of why. Let’s start with Tom Brady. 

Everyone here knows that Tom Brady is one of the least athletic QBs and yet he always had solid statistics and always knew where to place the ball. 

Everyone here knows that Josh Allen is one of the most athletic QBs. 

Josh has admitted he isn’t big into game film. But the more you dig into what it takes to be great, the more concerning that seems to be. How is it that Tom Brady can win so many super bowls with lower tier athleticism and arm strength and yet Josh Allen with his superior skill set has been unable to win even 1 Super Bowl? 

Tom Brady never really had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time outside of Moss, and yet he still always managed to keep the chains moving and put up points enough to win games. 

Josh Allen has had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time Diggs, and yet still unable to get over the hump. 

So I think questions around Allen’s “laziness” is warranted. Why should an elite talented QB be struggling more than a non elite talented QB?  

The only real difference is football IQ and studying the game to the point were you can attack and become a master despite not having elite traits. 

Maybe I’m wrong in this thinking, and others can chime in. But things do seem to not add up. 

It all because you touch yourself at night…, 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

So McD is the issue and not Allen then right? 

Yes. I’ve hung myself out in that ledge for 2 years now. Since the .13 debacle. Realistically I knew before it but that sealed it for me. 

sounds like you are just sour on Allen like I am McClappy

• Dislike 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

McD is much more to blame than Allen. No question about that. 

So then why don’t people want to change that instead of wasting Allens talents? How many years wasting Allens prime do we have to continue. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yes. I’ve hung myself out in that ledge for 2 years now. Since the .13 debacle. Realistically I knew before it but that sealed it for me. 

sounds like you are just sour on Allen like I am McClappy

I’m not exactly sour on Allen, just genuinely puzzled why this team can’t get over the hump. Allen is a gifted gifted QB with some decent talent surrounding him. Just don’t understand how an average talent QB like Brady can do it while Allen is spinning tires. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

So then why don’t people want to change that instead of wasting Allens talents? How many years wasting Allens prime do we have to continue. 

because, genius, we remember

Ryan

Jauron

Mularkey

Williams

and on and on

AND we've seen Pegula's astute coaching hires for the Sabres. what makes YOU so sure he won't pick an utter buffoon?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

because, genius, we remember

Ryan

Jauron

Mularkey

Williams

and on and on

AND we've seen Pegula's astute coaching hires for the Sabres. what makes YOU so sure he won't pick an utter buffoon?

I’m not so sure, but it sure is frustrating watching someone more talented than Brady not getting us a championship. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

42 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I want to spin this off from the Josh is lazy thread, and really debate this at face value. Let’s look at other QBs and their “work ethic” “talent abilities” and compare them to get a better idea of why. Let’s start with Tom Brady. 

Everyone here knows that Tom Brady is one of the least athletic QBs and yet he always had solid statistics and always knew where to place the ball. 

Josh has admitted he isn’t big into game film. But the more you dig into what it takes to be great, the more concerning that seems to be. How is it that Tom Brady can win so many super bowls with lower tier athleticism and arm strength and yet Josh Allen with his superior skill set has been unable to win even 1 Super Bowl? 

Tom Brady never really had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time outside of Moss, and yet he still always managed to keep the chains moving and put up points enough to win games. 

Josh Allen has had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time Diggs, and yet still unable to get over the hump. 

So I think questions around Allen’s “laziness” is warranted. Why should an elite talented QB be struggling more than a non elite talented QB?  

The only real difference is football IQ and studying the game to the point were you can attack and become a master despite not having elite traits. 

Maybe I’m wrong in this thinking, and others can chime in. But things do seem to not add up. 

Is that actually a fact? 

15 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I mean this is a fair take, but don’t other Super Bowl champion QBs also have to play hard teams to get there? So what sets them apart. What seems the most odd is how an unathletic Brady can win 7. What is the secret sauce? It must be that he was just elite in the game film to diagnose defenses. 

Tom Brady won 6 because he had the greatest coach in NFL history. He won #7 because he had the most talented team in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I’m not exactly sour on Allen, just genuinely puzzled why this team can’t get over the hump. Allen is a gifted gifted QB with some decent talent surrounding him. Just don’t understand how an average talent QB like Brady can do it while Allen is spinning tires. 

Well. If you can’t figure it out. Even after everyone here trying to explain. Im afraid you’ll just never get it. Enjoy your Labor Day 

13 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I mean this is a fair take, but don’t other Super Bowl champion QBs also have to play hard teams to get there? So what sets them apart. What seems the most odd is how an unathletic Brady can win 7. What is the secret sauce? It must be that he was just elite in the game film to diagnose defenses. 

Not everyone has the secret sauce.  There’s only been 1 Tom Brady in history.  No one is close when it comes to winning super bowls.  Why didn’t Dan Marino win ONE Super Bowl?  Was it because he didn’t watch enough film?  

You’re asking if ONE thing (Josh Allen’s film work or lack thereof) is the reason we aren’t winning super bowls.  The answer is a resounding no.  

• Like (+1) 2

Going to cut team some slack last year due to the injuries, travel, and Hamlin situation. However, historically team has always proven to be out coached and mentally weak. Seemed like when another team smacked them in the mouth and got physical with them they ended up caving. Will be a disappointing season if team doesn’t at least make the AFC championship game.

We’ve spent a lot over the last few years with a top paid OL, DE, and LB Corp. to never be too 3 at either position group. 

I think it starts there then add on 3 RB’s and DE in the top 100 over the last few drafts that didn’t quite pan out. 

Just a culmination of a few things.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not everyone has the secret sauce.  There’s only been 1 Tom Brady in history.  No one is close when it comes to winning super bowls.  Why didn’t Dan Marino win ONE Super Bowl?  Was it because he didn’t watch enough film?  

You’re asking if ONE thing (Josh Allen’s film work or lack thereof) is the reason we aren’t winning super bowls.  The answer is a resounding no.  

Ah, well, OP is a troll of very little brain. You are going to overload his limited cranial capacity if you try to get him to grasp anything that goes beyond "must be Josh."  

• Dislike 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Then what is it? Brady never really had elite receiving options. Mahomes lost Hill and still put up elite numbers. If we lost Diggs would Allen still put up elite numbers? I’m not exactly sure. 

Dan Marino issue is that he had a terrible team, that organization was bad at giving him elite talent. If the Bills had Marino, they likely win 1 or 2 Super Bowl over Kelly. Marino never had a Smith, Reed, or Thomas and other all pros. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Because Sean McDermott isn’t a great coach.

52 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Come on now. Allen is not the problem. The guy is elite and the primary reason why the Bills win games and have so many consecutive playoff appearances. 

Your implications are pretty unfounded and your comparison to Brady isn't painting a true picture here. 

There are several reasons why the Bills haven't advanced further. It's not on Allen. 

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I swear to god this is the most negative fan forum in all of professional sports. 

Negative criticism isn't a bad thing so long as it's valid and backed up with legitimate facts, stats, and opinions. 

This original poster lacks that...

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on now. Allen is not the problem. The guy is elite and the primary reason why the Bills win games and have so many consecutive playoff appearances. 

Your implications are pretty unfounded and your comparison to Brady isn't painting a true picture here. 

There are several reasons why the Bills haven't advanced further. It's not on Allen. 

Negative criticism isn't a bad thing so long as it's valid and backed up with legitimate facts, stats, and opinions. 

This original poster lacks that...

Now here's a fella that understands negative posting. Don't you boys have a union or something?

As you point out, this slip shod work is going to reflect badly on the realists.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.