Remaining free agent targets

jav

1 minute ago, jav said:

I vote for Christian Kirksey and Carson Wentz

Kirksey would be fine. Wouldn't mind taking a look at Joe Schobert as well. Wentz is a no-go for me. Would rather have Kyle Allen to be honest. 

I'm also more interested to see what QBs clear waivers and can be signed to the practice squad. Give them time to learn the playbook. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They honestly could sign Carson Wentz to the practice squad, bring him up slowly. 

Not holding my breath for a LB, they had 6 months to make a move and didn’t. I’m thinking the plan is Bernard and Williams later in the season. 

Why though?

He is a bad quarterback and his teammates all dislike him everywhere he goes.

There is literally nothing to like about signing wentz.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I read that Kirksey has been fighting injuries this preseason and hadn't played in any of the preseason games. 

McDermott gonna put him on the “gotta catch up with the playbook” program anyway. Be late November before he steps on the field if we’re lucky. 

33 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They honestly could sign Carson Wentz to the practice squad, bring him up slowly. 

Not holding my breath for a LB, they had 6 months to make a move and didn’t. I’m thinking the plan is Bernard and Williams later in the season. 

Wentz is a name only, at this point.  He's had his chance LY, with a prior coach/qb friendly scheme and just doesn't have it anymore.

I could see Grier or Walker type added to P/S, for now.  They bring a different dynamic.  Zappe is a huge surprise in NE, someone will claim him.

As for MLB, plans sometimes fail. They had faith in Bernard or Dodson grabbing the reigns.  Neither has happened, Bernard's injury limited his chances this far.  I'd be shocked if we didn't pursue Kirksey, he fills an immediate need and allows us to mix in Bernard.  Dodson has failed the test, IMO, in his gameplay and practice outbursts thus far.  Coaches should know if he's not the answer, it's time to move on.

34 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Is he better than Kyle Allen?

No team is interested in Wentz, after the first injury he was never the same, I believe he was sacked 6 times in his last game and never played again 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

No team is interested in Wentz, after the first injury he was never the same, I believe he was sacked 6 times in his last game and never played again 

His fall was so fast. I remember seeing him early on and thinking he was fantastic and elite. In those early games, his vision looked excellent and his pocket presence was good. 

Now, he can't move and throws some bad INTs. 

He's damaged goods for sure. Not sure what kind of NFL career he has left. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.