Who was the staring O-line group today?

Mooshocker12

Thanks Jkeerie as I could only watch the quarter by quarter highlights.  It airs Mooshocker tomorrow at 1 pm on NFLN.  If I have time, I’m going to catch it.  Lastly, it makes sense with McGovern nursing that small injury.  I thought McD said it wasn’t a big deal, just giving him extra rest.

Ok, anyone have some feedback on Brown today?

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Brown, Torrence, Morse, Edwards and Dawkins.  They played well.

too much sun today, and reading this melted my brain lol

i too did not get to watch, but from the extended 10min highlights on youtube (very limited obv), it looked like the OL played well?

Anybody wanna give a run down of what they saw out of Edwards, Torrence, and Brown?  Loooks like they got a few more drives then Josh

They looked steady today.  No major gaffs.  It was good to see Edwards subbed nicely for McGovern and Bates for Morse.  Quess didn't play badly at LT though he was called for a penalty.  Van Demark not as solid at RT as he is at LT.  Anderson was moved all over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They looked steady today.  No major gaffs.  It was good to see Edwards subbed nicely for McGovern and Bates for Morse.  Quess didn't play badly at LT though he was called for a penalty.  Van Demark not as solid at RT as he is at LT.  Anderson was moved all over.

Looks like Morse played 1Q maybe?  Def glad to hear Edwards playing nicely. Pretty awesome to have improved starter, andddddd have the LG backup be better than last years starter as bonus

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Brown was solid today.  Pretty clean in pass pro, and it seemed like he and Torrence got push in the run game.  I saw Morse get absolutely blown up a couple times though.  😬 

One of the blow ups I think was on Edwards. On the play the guy Edwards blocks first slides off and blow up Morse. I think he was expected to help Torrence and Torrence slides his guy inside, but Morse is already off balance while Edwards blocked nobody. Of course no way to know if that was the assignment, that's just my take on it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Looks like Morse played 1Q maybe?  Def glad to hear Edwards playing nicely. Pretty awesome to have improved starter, andddddd have the LG backup be better than last years starter as bonus

Morse played one series.  He sat after Josh and Diggs left the game.

• Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

One of the blow ups I think was on Edwards. On the play the guy Edwards blocks first slides off and blow up Morse. I think he was expected to help Torrence and Torrence slides his guy inside, but Morse is already off balance while Edwards blocked nobody. Of course no way to know if that was the assignment, that's just my take on it. 

That was a filthy throw.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

The run blocking was much improved today Cook had some nice holes up the middle and we got push. Pass pro was adequate except for a few plays. Evans over 6.0 yds per carry and Ty Johnson and Cook about 5.  We enforced our will when we were up and able to run clock and keep the chains moving.  I really wish we would have offered more for Lance.  Kyle Allen is not a great backup QB although he made a few good throws.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I've become the Anderson fanboi here but he wasn't good at RT. Once he moved back inside he looked as he has all preseason, mauling people.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

They reversed the positions? 

Nah he just writes in Hebrew.  From right to left. 😂

All kidding aside, I wondered why he went from right to left, and then thought about the Hebrew reference.

So for the line geeks out there, tell us more on the line play.  I’m aware the Bears sucked last year, but supposedly they added a bunch of talent.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, watched it a few times.  Justin Jones (93) just completed mauled him.  Wow.  

You watch it a little closer and you'll realize that he ended up engaged with both DT's at the same time by himself because of screw ups on either side of him, and managed to hold them up just long enough for Allen to get out of town.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Overall not bad. The block in the back was unnecessary, and a terrible call. Cook was already cutting and the lb wasn’t even close to touching him. Torrence on the Harris TD mauled and it was damn nice to see!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.