GamePass international on DAZN

Dan Darragh

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Ok, I'll get back to you once I get home, probably in hour and half or so.

But I really think you just didn't find it. It is not intuitive, I didn't see it either until friend of mine told me where to click. So unless there is a difference between UK version and my Slovak version you should really have it.

See my last post. Got it. Thank you so much. Their help service basically told me they didn't have a service they have. ***** DAZN. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you mean when you say apple tv app and samsung tv app? It is all just the same DAZN app now for me on every device. I have a Samsung phone, an Apple Ipad and an LG TV and the DAZN app works the exact same crappy way on all 3.

No watch from start. No full game on demand. No game in 40 option. Just 5-6 mins of highlights per game. It really isn't worth the money.

Different for me.  If I use the DAZN app from the Samsung TV App Store it has a different visual set up, menu layout and different options than the same DAZN app used through Apple TV.  Major differences are Apple TV version has watch from beginning option, Samsung TV app doesn’t, Samsung TV app will default to full game replay when you select a game , Apple TV gives you the options to select which version of the game you want to watch. Game in 40 is available on both - on one so it’s called highlights, on another it was called mini game 

6 minutes ago, Briscoe89 said:

Different for me.  If I use the DAZN app from the Samsung TV App Store it has a different visual set up, menu layout and different options than the same DAZN app used through Apple TV.  Major differences are Apple TV version has watch from beginning option, Samsung TV app doesn’t, Samsung TV app will default to full game replay when you select a game , Apple TV gives you the options to select which version of the game you want to watch. Game in 40 is available on both - on one so it’s called highlights, on another it was called mini game 

Bizarre. I have found the route to finding the game in 40 and full game but the app works exactly the same for me on whether Samsung, Apple or LG. 

21 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Are you implying by these posts that you only can watch 5min highlights? I am almost sure it's not true. The other options are just hidden a little. I don't have my tablet with me but you need to click on "highlights" or something and other options show up. There are 40min version as well as full version (not sure if cut without breaks as it us to be, I have lovely full version yesterday and didn't check today).

Yep if you go to Options / Switch Video Type you should get the different options for the games.  Note that the game may actually start in full game replay mode without actually having an onscreen note identifying that it’s playing in full game replay mode- mine does on Samsung TV app.  So when you go to options all it will then show you is the other highlight options, not the one that’s actually already playing 

1 minute ago, Briscoe89 said:

Yep if you go to Options / Switch Video Type you should get the different options for the games.  Note that the game may actually start in full game replay mode without actually having an onscreen note identifying that it’s playing in full game replay mode- mine does on Samsung TV app.  So when you go to options all it will then show you is the other highlight options, not the one that’s actually already playing 

None of my devices work like that. On every one when you click on the game it starts (automatically) playing the 5 minute highlights video. You have to go to the top right corner of the video where it saying "Highlights" in white and click on that and it then gives you a drop down menu of the three options "Highlights, Game in 40, Full Replay" (note no coaches film yet but I think even on the old app that only started arriving in the regular season, who knows whether it will on DAZN). I would never have realised that was even a clickable link had @No_Matter_What not said it yesterday. 

I don't get an "options" menu. Not on any of my devices. I do find the variance of experience super strange. But hey, the main things I need are there. So I guess I'll just suck it up. 

On 8/14/2023 at 8:54 AM, Briscoe89 said:

How do you view the 4 way split screen? 

I am on an apple tv, when I click on a game is tells me to hold down the select button for more options. At that point it has a list of all active games and you can select them at the bottom of the screen to fill out the 4 square blocks. 

I am wildly displeased with this entire turn of events.

I have been a loyal International Gamepass customer for years now.

No longer. Based solely on everything I'm reading from everyone about DAZN, the poor quality of its product, and the associated hassles, I will have to find other ways to watch NFL football this year. A real shame.

I really feel like a mass letter writing campaign to the NFL is in order. Surely they need to be made aware of the severe downgrade in quality their international product has taken. At a time when they're pushing very hard to turn the NFL into an international brand, you'd think it would be in their best interest to NOT have such a garbage product for the international fans.

Hugely disappointing. 

• Agree 1

It was fine for me in Canada last year.  I’m going to get it again for the season, hopefully no major changes.  

We get every single game, and you can buy six months for $100, and split with a friend for $50 each (two devices at once is ok).  In $US it’s about $75.  We Canadians get ripped off on so much, but at least DAZN is reasonable by comparison to that sh*t show between Google/YouTube, paramount, Amazon and whoever else grabs streaming rights that you guys have to deal with.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

None of my devices work like that. On every one when you click on the game it starts (automatically) playing the 5 minute highlights video. You have to go to the top right corner of the video where it saying "Highlights" in white and click on that and it then gives you a drop down menu of the three options "Highlights, Game in 40, Full Replay" (note no coaches film yet but I think even on the old app that only started arriving in the regular season, who knows whether it will on DAZN). I would never have realised that was even a clickable link had @No_Matter_What not said it yesterday. 

I don't get an "options" menu. Not on any of my devices. I do find the variance of experience super strange. But hey, the main things I need are there. So I guess I'll just suck it up. 

The other thing took took me a while to realise is that when the default option is replay full game, it shows the opening DAZN banner for about 10 minutes which I presume is in place of all the pre game ads you’d get from the live broadcast.  I thought this was a menu screen until I saw the video timer counting down on how much longer the replay had to go.  So fast forward to about the 10 min mark and the broadcast actually starts.  Overall the menus, options etc have made this much harder to navigate than the old Gamepass 

Took a week of maybe 20 attempts to log into the app. on my Android TV. Average wifi speed 109+ mbps. Logged in immediately on my ipad. Tried everything on the help page to no effect until the app. finally worked. Contacted support team. Told me I couldn’t be helped unless I could send them a screenshot of the log in page. After a couple of unsuccessful tries, I asked how I might do this on my ipad. No suggestion but the connection was closed. Possibly, I was on for too long.

Still finding my way around the app. Music and graphics during breaks is annoying but not much more so than blank screen on International Game Pass in past years.

On 8/15/2023 at 8:42 PM, vanhalen26 said:

It was fine for me in Canada last year.  I’m going to get it again for the season, hopefully no major changes.  

We get every single game, and you can buy six months for $100, and split with a friend for $50 each (two devices at once is ok).  In $US it’s about $75.  We Canadians get ripped off on so much, but at least DAZN is reasonable by comparison to that sh*t show between Google/YouTube, paramount, Amazon and whoever else grabs streaming rights that you guys have to deal with.

So far I have been pleased with DAZN for sure. If they have changed to what is described in this thread though, I'll be pissed.

Last year I did have games that bugged, and it often restarted live, much to by anger, as I was watching it with a 60-90 minute delay. It ruined the Viking game for me, as I knew it would go into OT. It was better for my heart though ha ha. 

On 8/15/2023 at 10:27 PM, Briscoe89 said:

it shows the opening DAZN banner for about 10 minutes

And it is quite annoying, since it's the same ad on repeat the whole time, most of it for soccer. I mean, if they are gonna use that time for themselves, fine, but do a better job of keeping our interest

On 8/15/2023 at 9:29 PM, Gunvald's Husse said:

Am back in the UK for a few days and tried to log into DAZN, only to be informed that you can only access it in the country you registered in. Obviously I can VPN but this is just rubbish

Oh FFS is that true? I am abroad a fair amount for work and not being able to watch the games while I am really sucks. 

This service is shite.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:37 PM, Logic said:

No longer. Based solely on everything I'm reading from everyone about DAZN, the poor quality of its product, and the associated hassles, I will have to find other ways to watch NFL football this year. A real shame.

I really feel like a mass letter writing campaign to the NFL is in order. Surely they need to be made aware of the severe downgrade in quality their international product has taken. At a time when they're pushing very hard to turn the NFL into an international brand, you'd think it would be in their best interest to NOT have such a garbage product for the international fans.

Hugely disappointing. 

Agree completely. The product is absolutely awful. It is a major reduction in functionality if you can't download games and you can't watch abroad. Why have they done this?

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am abroad a fair amount for work and not being able to watch the games while I am really sucks. 

I suspect that you can solve this problem with a cheap VPN that logs into your home country.  I'll see tomorrow vs. Pittsburgh, as I'm traveling in the States now and will have to VPN back to my home country.

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

I suspect that you can solve this problem with a cheap VPN that logs into your home country.  I'll see tomorrow vs. Pittsburgh, as I'm traveling in the States now and will have to VPN back to my home country.

I am sure you can but I don't really understand VPNs, how to do it, what is trustworthy and what isn't...

14 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Yes, a VPN could solve the issue but that is not the point. We shouldn't have to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So DAZN told me my credit card was no good (not true) so my account was cancelled.  Then I tried 2 other credit cards and they were both no good (not true) so I switched to PayPal and they charged me the full amount which came out of my account (about $200) but then they notified me that the account was no good and that I need to reregister with a different email account.

Meanwhile I can still access the site and see previously recorded games, NFL Newtork etc.  So I'm not sure what's happening.

I'll try today's game against the Bears to see if it works, and if not I'll register under a different email address then I'll have to fight it out with PayPal to get a refund.

This DAZN service is a total fail so far.  And there's nobody to talk to.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, Gunvald's Husse said:

Am back in the UK for a few days and tried to log into DAZN, only to be informed that you can only access it in the country you registered in. Obviously I can VPN but this is just rubbish

Out of desperation, I signed up for DAZN last year while on vacation to watch the Miami game.  It didn't work but my subscription auto renewed.  I can't even login to my account to cancel it since I am not in the country where I registered the account.  I tried two different VPNs and neither could beat DAZN's detection.  I guess I got to fly back to Indonesia to cancel or dispute the charges.  I'm leaning toward a return visit.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 8/15/2023 at 8:42 PM, vanhalen26 said:

Renewed my subscription yesterday. Took the 1 year 19.99 per month option. Regret that I missed this thread when posted. Product now is annoying to watch with repetitive DAZN adverts and obnoxious soundtrack. Interestingly last year Thursday night football was carried live on RDS Quebec. Wonder if it will be this year.

• 2 weeks later...

@GunnerBill and others - did you get an email from DAZN today? Some great news for everybody I guess:

- Coaches film (All-22) added

- US commercials and half-time shows

- 1080p

- more devices, including PS5, Samsung, Sony and, which is what I wanted - Chromecast

Seems like they are listening to the customers.

Now the question remains if I can watch DAZN without any additional tricks when I leave my country.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

@GunnerBill and others - did you get an email from DAZN today? Some great news for everybody I guess:

Yup, just got the same message. Guess all the complaining might actually have paid off.

As you say, just need to check if you can view it outside the country of subscription (off to a wedding in Ireland next week so will have the answer to that fairly quickly)

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BritBill said:

@GunnerBill did? I know he posts a lot but that does seem extreme. 

I wish I'd dropped a lot of weight.....

29 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

- Coaches film (All-22) added

- US commercials and half-time shows

- 1080p

- more devices, including PS5, Samsung, Sony and, which is what I wanted - Chromecast

Seems like they are listening to the customers.

Now the question remains if I can watch DAZN without any additional tricks when I leave my country.

And the ability to download.... that is the thing I am going to miss the most. I used to watch the condensed version of SNF on the Monday morning commute and likewise Tuesday morning and Friday morning for MNF and TNF. But given that I commute on the underground not being able to download is still a significant loss of functionality for me. 

But still.... small steps in the right direction. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I wish I'd dropped a lot of weight.....

And the ability to download.... that is the thing I am going to miss the most. I used to watch the condensed version of SNF on the Monday morning commute and likewise Tuesday morning and Friday morning for MNF and TNF. But given that I commute on the underground not being able to download is still a significant loss of functionality for me. 

But still.... small steps in the right direction. 

Did you all hear that? GunnerBill is a member of the underground!

18 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Did they add the option to “start from beginning?” What about score hiding, is that all in order?

You can hide the score but have to do it in 2 different places. From the general settings it turns off scores on the home page. Then in the game screen you have to turn off spoilers showing up on the timeline.

The real pain though is that when you go to a game once it's ended the side of the screen next to the game has a huge Stats box which shows you total first downs, passing yards etc. It's crazy. I can't see anywhere to get rid of this. So tomorrow when I see the game I'll have to try and hide that part of the screen and then maximise the game screen. it's these kinds of things that makes you wonder what absolute idiots these people have working for them. I mean who thought that was a good idea?

• Dislike 1

UGH. I'm going to be watching the Jets game tomorrow morning with NFL+ and a VPN. The replay seems to actually be a good option, the annoying thing is that you can only play live games on a tablet/phone. Seems like there's no perfect solution right now since they made this switch....I would have gladly kept the old gamepass.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:15 PM, CheshireCT said:

UGH. I'm going to be watching the Jets game tomorrow morning with NFL+ and a VPN. The replay seems to actually be a good option, the annoying thing is that you can only play live games on a tablet/phone. Seems like there's no perfect solution right now since they made this switch....I would have gladly kept the old gamepass.

Well for what it's worth redzone went without a hitch, no buffering at all. When I started watching the Bills game (it was in the 4th quarter at that point) I was ready for it to open automatically live, which it did (the old gamepass used to give you a message 'join live or from beginning of broadcast) so I narrowed my eyes and clicked the timeline right at the beginning. Then I quickly clicked the full screen button to cover up the stupid stat box I mentioned.

All in all I got to see the game spoiler free but it's pretty ridiculous to have to do all that when you've paid so much money

On 9/13/2023 at 10:12 PM, joshhasbighands said:

Well for what it's worth redzone went without a hitch, no buffering at all. When I started watching the Bills game (it was in the 4th quarter at that point) I was ready for it to open automatically live, which it did (the old gamepass used to give you a message 'join live or from beginning of broadcast) so I narrowed my eyes and clicked the timeline right at the beginning. Then I quickly clicked the full screen button to cover up the stupid stat box I mentioned.

All in all I got to see the game spoiler free but it's pretty ridiculous to have to do all that when you've paid so much money

thanks for the info. I created a DAZN account without signing up for gamepass. I just watched some highlights, and on the computer I see what you're talking about with the stat box. however on my xbox, the stat box thing is not an issue. Have you tried watching DAZN on any other devices aside from the computer? I would be curious to know if the start from beginning works on any apps. I might cave and sign up for Sunday......ugh LOL

On 8/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, Briscoe89 said:

I think different devices have different options.  Read in another forum that Apple TV app has a watch from beginning button.  Samsung TV app definitely does not have one. 

Never say never however I’d be surprised if they didn’t have full game replays once the regular season starts. 

GEEZ, the alternatives SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Japan, DAZN haven't communicated well. They obviously have Japanese people answering the English emails. And their English is good but they often have problems with precision.

So it took till today till I finally figured out what they have here, at least according to their emails. I cancelled the service, so that's all I can rely on at this point. (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS WRONG, as for instance, Bill found the Brit version had services their service people did not even know about. I'm now starting to have issues with NFLPlus. Geez!!!!)

You can watch complete archived games. But this only becomes available 24 hours after the game. Which absolutely sucks. 

You can watch games live, but here in Japan, again, the Sunday afternoon 1:00 and 4:00 games start at 2:00 am and 5:00 a.m on Monday morning (an hour later when daylight savings time ends. The Sunday night games start live at 10:00 a.m. on Monday morning, right during the work day. Can't do that. The Monday night games are also at 10:00 a.m. but on Tuesday morning. So live is generally impossible for me.

And for the next 24 hours they say you have only a choice of a 40 minute highlight package with most of the game's plays but nothing between plays, or the typical 6 - 10 minute highlight package. Both of those absolutely suck as a way to see the game for the first time.

Or wait 24 hours and then another few for the workday to end and don't come to TBD, don't open my emails, tell everyone you know who likes football for 24 hours that you don't know what happened so don't give any spoilers.

So I signed up for NFLPlus and used a VPN. 

Unbelievably frustrating experience. The picture was good. But for the whole second half the audio and video were unsynched, so that you could hear what was going to happen 7 - 10 seconds before you could see it. Jesus, that experience also bit the large one

Hopefully this was a one-game thing. NFLPlus says the problem isn't on their end. 

Have any of you overseas folks come up with any better alternatives yet? I can almost never watch live. I WANT TO WATCH ARCHIVED GAMES, as quickly as possible after the game, with good video quality. Any ideas?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2023 at 5:37 AM, Logic said:

Hugely disappointing. 

Indeed. I'd write if anything gets organized.

I really like the old International GamePass. Coaches film. Good video. All games archived so you could watch at your convenience. Occasional glitches, but generally no problem. It was really good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.