Allen's Elbow Still an Issue?

13 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just some tendonitis from all the golfing he's been doing because that's more important than playing football

Its true.  Any time someone plays golf, it means its the most important thing in their life.  I often drive by golf courses yelling at the golfers “Go home to your kids!  Golf shouldn’t be more important than being a father!”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its true.  Any time someone plays golf, it means its the most important thing in their life.  I often drive by golf courses yelling at the golfers “Go home to your kids!  Golf shouldn’t be more important than being a father!”

That was you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

But do you shout it in the middle of their backswing?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2023 at 5:33 PM, Your Brown Eye said:

Some of the throws he's been making tell me his elbow is good to go. Hailee Steinfeld probably massages his elbow nightly in the back lot of SJFU.

At the risk of derailing this thread, I don’t expect Hailee Steinfeld to spend much if any time in WNY. 

+1 in the Britt Will column. She could have spent her time anywhere and she tried to make Buffalo a second home. I always appreciate it when spouses/players do that. 

22 minutes ago, Mango said:

At the risk of derailing this thread, I don’t expect Hailee Steinfeld to spend much if any time in WNY. 

+1 in the Britt Will column. She could have spent her time anywhere and she tried to make Buffalo a second home. I always appreciate it when spouses/players do that. 

There's an upside and a downside to having a partner who has their own career and their own life vs one who latches on and makes the player their life, right? 

A lot of players and coaches have wives (or girlfriends) who basically make being "Mrs Coach" or "Mrs Player" their full time job.  And especially with kids, it probably is.  The upside is they try to make a home for the player and themselves and are always available.  The downside comes if they are kidless, the wife or girlfriend is not seriously employed, and is unhappy with life in WNY.  "Nothing to do but Each Other", isn't that what Jordan Matthews said? 

A girlfriend like Hailee Steinfeld has her own career and you're probably right, she's not going to spend time hanging in WNY just to be close to Josh.  She's gonna be doing her own appearances and auditioning for her next roles and so forth.  On the other hand....she's not going to be bored in WNY and asking the player to take her out on dates or entertain her when he wants to hang with his teammates or needs to be studying extra film.  If she wants celebrity status, she has that on her own; if she does come to WNY it would be to share the NFL football life with Josh.

I kind of had the impression Brittany longed for the "glamorous life" and felt that dating a young wealthy athlete ought to be her pass to A list Celebrity status, which she wanted to use more often than Josh did, and that she wanted to do more date-like things with Josh and spend less time with a house full of football players.  I could be totally wrong of course, it's just based on a couple of things Allen said on Kyle Brandt's show.  It really didn't seem as though she and Josh had that much in common except the dog.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Allen’s love life is none of our business.  I don’t care who makes him happy.  But I have to say that, based on what little birdies around here say, it’s much better that Britt Will is gone. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

There's an upside and a downside to having a partner who has their own career and their own life vs one who latches on and makes the player their life, right? 

A lot of players and coaches have wives (or girlfriends) who basically make being "Mrs Coach" or "Mrs Player" their full time job.  And especially with kids, it probably is.  The upside is they try to make a home for the player and themselves and are always available.  The downside comes if they are kidless, the wife or girlfriend is not seriously employed, and is unhappy with life in WNY.  "Nothing to do but Each Other", isn't that what Jordan Matthews said? 

A girlfriend like Hailee Steinfeld has her own career and you're probably right, she's not going to spend time hanging in WNY just to be close to Josh.  She's gonna be doing her own appearances and auditioning for her next roles and so forth.  On the other hand....she's not going to be bored in WNY and asking the player to take her out on dates or entertain her when he wants to hang with his teammates or needs to be studying extra film.  If she wants celebrity status, she has that on her own; if she does come to WNY it would be to share the NFL football life with Josh.

I kind of had the impression Brittany longed for the "glamorous life" and felt that dating a young wealthy athlete ought to be her pass to A list Celebrity status, which she wanted to use more often than Josh did, and that she wanted to do more date-like things with Josh and spend less time with a house full of football players.  I could be totally wrong of course, it's just based on a couple of things Allen said on Kyle Brandt's show.  It really didn't seem as though she and Josh had that much in common except the dog.

she had to go...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You make so many great points, and while I have slightly worried that Josh might be distracted with not being around Hailee as much once the season starts(especially since their relationship seems relatively new) and how it might affect him, in some ways it is good that he might have more downtime to study film a lot more, and all that type of stuff.

Every time Kyle Brandt tried to bring up Brittany or get him to talk about her, he never had much to say. Kyle would ask him if she would watch Football with him, and he said no and that she would watch The Kardashians/E!. I feel like he found his match with Hailee.

On 8/7/2023 at 6:10 PM, Airseven said:

I’ve been waiting to hear something about that elbow again. Feels like only a matter of time.

Why are you you the way that you are? Not enough hugs as a child?

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

You make so many great points, and while I have slightly worried that Josh might be distracted with not being around Hailee as much once the season starts(especially since their relationship seems relatively new) and how it might affect him, in some ways it is good that he might have more downtime to study film a lot more, and all that type of stuff.

Every time Kyle Brandt tried to bring up Brittany or get him to talk about her, he never had much to say. Kyle would ask him if she would watch Football with him, and he said no and that she would watch The Kardashians/E!. I feel like he found his match with Hailee.

I think partly Josh is just trying to be private and a regular guy, so he doesn't want to talk about his personal life.  Which I 100% understand.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think partly Josh is just trying to be private and a regular guy, so he doesn't want to talk about his personal life.  Which I 100% understand.

I  definitely agree, but his face definitely lights up like a Christmas tree once an interviewer alludes to Hailee, or their relationship. I don't think he will ever not be private about this stuff, but body language is definitely a thing.

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

I  definitely agree, but his face definitely lights up like a Christmas tree once an interviewer alludes to Hailee, or their relationship. I don't think he will ever not be private about this stuff, but body language is definitely a thing.

Yeah, it was kind of notable that when someone brought up Brittany he would usually kind of grimace.  Like with Kyle Brandt when he said he watched football whenever it's on and Brandt asked "does your girlfriend like it?" and he kind of grimaced and said "I guess maybe she likes it a little, but there are other rooms and other TVs in the house, I think she watches HGTV, I don't really know what she watches".  Or one time he was talking about loving to have teammates over "against his own best interest" and the interviewer said "what does that mean?" and he said "someone calls and I say sure, you can come over" and I should talk to my girlfriend because she has plans for us to do something together".

I mean, it's true in a relationship.  If plans have been made, both partners better keep track of them; if inviting crowds of people over to your home, check with the other person living there first.  But it just seemed odd - NFL players are the ultimate scheduled people and Josh too famous around WNY to go out on a whim without serious clout- and name-dropping.

Long before the rumors, I just kind of felt hints like maybe it was a relationship between two people who really didn't have a lot in common and it had perhaps run its course.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just some tendonitis from all the golfing he's been doing because that's more important than playing football

FWIW, and I don't have the convos or permission to share so take this with as much salt as you like, but I DM'd the Banged Up Bills guy (Kyle Trimble) back at the start of the off-season when Josh was golfing in that pro-am tournament.  He explained to me that the forces used by the golf swing and the forces of throwing a football differ, so playing golf should not be a problem for Josh's healing UCL.  "Golfer's Elbow" has a totally different cause.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.