Spencer Brown Injury Concern

vtnatefootball11

6 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Ha taking martial arts classes is exactly the same as playing offensive line in the NFL. 
I’ve had multiple surgeries that were sports related to my knee and shoulder.  They never heal perfectly. Every single one of my former teammates and friends who’ve had surgeries have had lingering issues post surgery that last a long time.  Not sure who you’re talking to but anyone who’s had labrum surgery or an ACL/MCL surgery are never the same. Back is no different.  
That doesn’t mean you can’t work through it.  That doesn’t mean can’t treat it. But to act like multiple reports about Brown having this issue is unrelated to his ongoing back problems is ridiculous.  But die in that hill.  I hope I’m very wrong. 

Jesus. Dunning and Kruger would like a word sir. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/4/2023 at 2:01 PM, NewEra said:

His training camp is likely ruined now.  Hopefully one of Shell/Quess/Gouraige can step up and not suck.

Maybe edwards or McGovern can play RT?  Doubtful.  

😢 worst case scenario in motion

at this point with how good the rest of the line has gotten? I would trade the farm for a good RT... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

at this point with how good the rest of the line has gotten? I would trade the farm for a good RT... 

beane will find someone if he has to. Probably would take a trade at this point though you’re right.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Would be costly to trade for an above average NFL RT although I agree 100% on the need for one.

What do we have as trade assets other than future draft picks?

Beane has his strengths however OL personnel evaluation is not one of them.

Trading Teller away is just one example.

The contract he gave Bates last year seems to indicate that Beane believes Bates is a starting calibre NFL OL when clearly Bates is nothing more than a useful versatile 6th OL.

I fear Beane has not planned properly for Morse’s eventual departure.

I appreciate Beane drafting an OL in the 2nd round of this past draft, however Beane has placed too little emphasis on using the resources required to build an above average NFL OL to put in in front of an elite NFL  QB.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES

You knew it was going to be bad when Cowherd criticized the lack of moves for OL and the most parroted response was that we cleared out the OL racks at the NFL’s Goodwill in free agency. 

Kromer needs to put a giant Fathead of Josh’s bloody elbows in the Cincinnati game in the OL room. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I doubt anyone is trading a good RT.  

Thankfully, it looks like I had jumped the gun and Browns TC isn’t ruined.  He still has time to put in the work to be a decent starter.  I was worried that he would be out of commission for a couple weeks and stunt his growth even more

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus. Dunning and Kruger would like a word sir. 

I'm pretty sure I had the same type of back surgery as Brown....it's the most common in athletes and in general.  I seriously doubt he had a fusion because he wouldn't have played last year.  

I've dealt with post surgery issues along with several others I know....all the same issues.  Flare ups can last 30 seconds or a few days....all depends how agitated the nerve is and how much swelling.  And when the it hits, it can be bad...literally can't move.  But then it goes away and you're fine. 

The reason you have back surgery is to get rid of the chronic pain.  It's not repairing a ligament or anything like that, the surgeon just shaves the disc that's pressing against the spinal nerve.  Once the nerve isn't pressed, you feel no pain.  So no, it's not like shoulder surgery like Shanahan Horseheads is trying to state.
I would not be able to train or lift for several months after shoulder surgery.  I've seen people go through that...that takes awhile to heal because the ligament needs time.

7 days after my back surgery, I was jogging.  After one month, I was back at the gym. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude,

I had to have back surgery because of my martial arts.  You think we just fight air or something lol.  Google your closest MMA gym.  Ask to spar with some of those guys and see if you lol after.  You have no idea what adversity is.

I’ve torn my labrum because of martial arts and college baseball.  I have had multiple amount of injuries…including back surgery.  I just sparred for the last hour, I feel fine but I must be lying I guess.

I suffered a grade two ankle sprain stepping off a curb last Thursday evening. Think I'll give the MMA a wide berth....

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Was this curb 5 feet high or something?

Haha nope. Just literally stepped off a curb, my foot didn't land flush and my ankle bent right under me. I spent Friday and Saturday just icing it and taking off the shelf painkillers before I actually thought "better get this looked at." Small tear in the deltoid ligament and significant bruising was the diagnosis. The doc was genuinely disbelieving when I told him how it happened. I have some prescription pain killers now. 

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude,

I had to have back surgery because of my martial arts.  You think we just fight air or something lol.  Google your closest MMA gym.  Ask to spar with some of those guys and see if you lol after.  You have no idea what adversity is.

I’ve torn my labrum because of martial arts and college baseball.  I have had multiple amount of injuries…including back surgery.  I just sparred for the last hour, I feel fine but I must be lying I guess.

Bow to your sensei! 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha nope. Just literally stepped off a curb, my foot didn't land flush and my ankle bent right under me. I spent Friday and Saturday just icing it and taking off the shelf painkillers before I actually thought "better get this looked at." Small tear in the deltoid ligament and significant bruising was the diagnosis. The doc was genuinely disbelieving when I told him how it happened. I have some prescription pain killers now. 

Make sure you don’t get in the wrestling ring!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtCHN71gy-k/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

15 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Ha taking martial arts classes is exactly the same as playing offensive line in the NFL. 
I’ve had multiple surgeries that were sports related to my knee and shoulder.  They never heal perfectly. Every single one of my former teammates and friends who’ve had surgeries have had lingering issues post surgery that last a long time.  Not sure who you’re talking to but anyone who’s had labrum surgery or an ACL/MCL surgery are never the same. Back is no different.  
That doesn’t mean you can’t work through it.  That doesn’t mean can’t treat it. But to act like multiple reports about Brown having this issue is unrelated to his ongoing back problems is ridiculous.  But die in that hill.  I hope I’m very wrong. 

I feel an Al Bundy story coming up. How many touchdowns did he have in that game?

image.png.359bfaa9b01f503f2f0f2e1d25692c04.png

This thread is incredible. Long after it has been clearly established through play on the field that Brown is fine, we must press on in pursuit of the "real" paranoid Bills PTSD laden truth!! But but but, sideline tweets said!

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

This thread is incredible. Long after it has been clearly established through play on the field that Brown is fine, we must press on in pursuit of the "real" paranoid Bills PTSD laden truth!! But but but, sideline tweets said!

new to TSW or nah?

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude,

Impressive. I'm not picking a fight with you.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude,

Lighten up, Francis

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You probably should go because for whatever reason, you think its easy and not hard on the body.  Seriously go.

Since you had pain in your shoulder that means Spencer Brown was playing through pain yesterday.  There’s no such thing as a short flare up….it doesn’t exist.  GTFO lol.

If Brown still had a legitimate issue with his back, he wouldn’t be on the field and at practice.  When your back is out, it’s debilitating.  So him being in pain one day and practicing the next, it sounds like a flare up.  But you know back injuries.  When did you have back surgery?

I have a slight disc herniation L4-L5 that causes sciatica pain. It's no joke when it flares up. Been dealing with it off and on for about 10 years. Thank God it's manageable and the pain has mostly been manageable. A few times it knocked me down good. Back injuries are no joke!

It certainly is a concern with Brown. Almost seems like damaged goods sort of speak. However, his body is young and he's under the best doctor care. So he has a lot going for him. Still scary though especially for a football player.

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I have a slight disc herniation L4-L5 that causes sciatica pain. It's no joke when it flares up. Been dealing with it off and on for about 10 years. Thank God it's manageable and the pain has mostly been manageable. A few times it knocked me down good. Back injuries are no joke!

It certainly is a concern with Brown. Almost seems like damaged goods sort of speak. However, his body is young and he's under the best doctor care. So he has a lot going for him. Still scary though especially for a football player.

Are you choosing to have surgery?  My Spine Doctor told me I don't have to have it but it would always been an issue with me.  I can control the pain with epidurals every year but won't eliminate the pain.

I chose to have surgery because I didn't want to deal with the chronic pain.  I didn't want to adjust my active lifestyle.

I do have to warm up and stretch a lot more before a workout.  If I don't, it will flare up easily.

I'm going on roughly 18 months since my surgery.  Only 1 bad flare up that listed about 4-5 days....I got that digging and removing a large shrub in my yard.

But outside of that, I will get flare ups but they go away after a few minutes.  Others might last a little longer but those are very few.  It feels weird sometimes because it feels literally like a muscle cramp but it's not the muscle.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.