Any C list or lower list celebs you find real interesting?

Another Fan

Who says you have to be Taylor Swift or even Josh Allen in the entertainment or sports world to have an interesting story?

These two for me:

Sean Rooney- was a state champ basketball player under Bob Hurley at St Anthony’s.  But he’s more known or semi known to the world as Bettlejuices manager from the Howard Stern show.  He was the guy that discovered him.  Too bad he died in jail 😢

Eric Gurry- was Mighty Mouse or Horowitz in the old Sean Penn movie Bad Boys.  But today he is a venture capitalist with an Ivy League education.  I still wouldn’t be able to look at without thinking of that radio package that blew off Vikings ear or that big blonde guy in that movie 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Who says you have to be Taylor Swift or even Josh Allen in the entertainment or sports world to have an interesting story?

These two for me:

Sean Rooney- was a state champ basketball player under Bob Hurley at St Anthony’s.  But he’s more known or semi known to the world as Bettlejuices manager from the Howard Stern show.  He was the guy that discovered him.  Too bad he died in jail 😢

Eric Gurry- was Mighty Mouse or Horowitz in the old Sean Penn movie Bad Boys.  But today he is a venture capitalist with an Ivy League education.  I still wouldn’t be able to look at without thinking of that radio package that blew off Vikings ear or that big blonde guy in that movie 

Bad Boys is one of my favorite movies. 

He also played the father in a movie based on a true crime book about a young girl who killed her step mother after her father talked her into it. 

I think the book was If You Really Loved Me. 

Pretty sure the girl’s real name is Cinnamon Brown. 

Not in a good place to google facts. 

Anyway. Great call. 

I don’t even find A List celebs interesting. Not at all. They are just people, and often an odd group. 

We have known some famous people, and they hate the famous part of “rich and famous”, but I suppose one often needs the other. 

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bad Boys is one of my favorite movies. 

He also played the father in a movie based on a true crime book about a young girl who killed her step mother after her father talked her into it. 

I think the book was If You Really Loved Me. 

Pretty sure the girl’s real name is Cinnamon Brown. 

Not in a good place to google facts. 

Anyway. Great call. 

Horowitz you're talking about?

The only other movie I recall him being in was Author! Author! when he was a kid with Al Pacino.  He played I think Al's son in the movie.  Was an okay movie.  I think its largely unknown outside of Pacino fans.

But yeah that Horowitz character is definitely a very memorable one to me.  While I have zero chance of ever crossing his path in business, I can see myself going all Chris Farley on him on a conference call.  You remember when all the prison guards had to detain you?  😅

So...a man crush thread

A really interesting guy I enjoyed watching on TV was River Monsters host Jeremy Wade

Whole job was traveling the world and catching crazy fishy things

And he could usually speak the local language wherever he was, which is admirable.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Horowitz you're talking about?

The only other movie I recall him being in was Author! Author! when he was a kid with Al Pacino.  He played I think Al's son in the movie.  Was an okay movie.  I think its largely unknown outside of Pacino fans.

But yeah that Horowitz character is definitely a very memorable one to me.  While I have zero chance of ever crossing his path in business, I can see myself going all Chris Farley on him on a conference call.  You remember when all the prison guards had to detain you?  😅

Remember how good it felt to get your ass kicked by a pillowcase full of soda cans??!!

And having the little river band literally blow up in your face!?

What a great movie!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t even find A List celebs interesting. Not at all. They are just people, and often an odd group. 

We have known some famous people, and they hate the famous part of “rich and famous”, but I suppose one often needs the other. 

Totally agree - they are just people. And tbh I'm not clear on the difference between an A list celeb and a B, C, D,...celeb.

One guy that intrigues me is John Feldman. Probably a Z-lister, tho. Lead singer/writer of Goldfinger. Played 385 shows in 1996, breaking the Guinness Book of World Records for the most concerts in one year for a touring band. Musical style ranges from hard core punk to sappy pop. Staunch vegan and animal rights activist. I appreciate his passion for both even though I have a passion for neither.  

I have one. Her name is Chase Masterson. I borrowed this from her wiki page. Long story short is she works with the same producer as my daughter doing cabaret gigs here in socal Mostly LA.  The first time I met her she was in shorts and flip flops. Later I got to see her glammed up at gigs. She hosts an ani bullying iniative and presents here at the ComicCon  Convention. . She always arranges for us to get comped 4 day passes. I consider her a family friend. Neat lady

Masterson's first major role came in 1994 as Ivy Lief on General Hospital. She then spent five years portraying the Bajoran Dabo girl Leeta on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine from 1995 to 1999. Her prominent feature film roles include starring as a sultry singer in James Kerwin's sci-fi film noir Yesterday Was a Lie, which she also produced, and voicing Janice Em in the animated film Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. Her television guest-starring roles include ER and Sliders; in the latter, her role was that of Kelly Welles, the sister of Wade Welles.

Masterson hosted an Entertainment Tonight-style news program for the Sci-Fi Channel in the 1990s called Sci-Fi Entertainment[8][7] and an Internet-based radio talk show for the website The Fandom in 2004–2005.

chase.jpg

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Leeta!  From 'Star Trek: Deep Space 9' and other sci-fi media projects.

I have through my daughter being  singer as well as my son who was a touring musician with Cults have met more than a few celebrites. But I don't want to make his a "name dropper" thread.

This next guy though he was a character. One last one

Does anyone here listen to Sirius XMU or indie rock stations? I was a Thanksgiving dinner in NYC with this music producer named Shane Stoneback one time. Very nice guy but HUGE ego.  He wore a varsity letter jacket with last name in  6 inch letters across the back   .."S T O N E B A C K"   here are his producing credits

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/shane-stoneback-mn0001914104/credits

Edited by muppy

4 hours ago, muppy said:

I have one. Her name is Chase Masterson. I borrowed this from her wiki page. Long story short is she works with the same producer as my daughter doing cabaret gigs here in socal Mostly LA.  The first time I met her she was in shorts and flip flops. Later I got to see her glammed up at gigs. She hosts an ani bullying iniative and presents here at the ComicCon  Convention. . She always arranges for us to get comped 4 day passes. I consider her a family friend. Neat lady

chase.jpg

She is in the reunion parts of the indie film

What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHixW9PLsAc

• Thank you (+1) 1

Milana Vayntrub - Lily from the AT&T commercials. She came to the US when she was two years old - part of a refugee family. Started acting at five to help support her family. She also directs the AT&T commercials.

330px-Milana_Vayntrub_by_Gage_Skidmore.thumb.jpg.8f22cdac9f9263a94ef2b001b48c46d9.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

She’s got a nice set of dimples.

I love her backstory. How inspiring! Good for her!

My daughter attended high school here in san diego with a girl named Kelly Tran. They did school theater group productions together circa 2004-5

Kelly  went on to land the role of Rose Tico in the star wars franchise. She now uses her middle name professionally I guess. Kelly Marie Tran

. This woman was bullied on social media horribly. Here is a link to an article about that debacle.

https://www.insider.com/kelly-marie-tran-racist-sexist-trolls-social-media-2021-3#:~:text='Star Wars' actress Kelly Marie,trolls drove her to therapy&text=Tran suffered months of online,now that she's not online.

kellyyyyy.jpeg

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Kelly  went on to land the role of Rose Tico in the star wars franchise. She now uses her middle name professionally I guess. Kelly Marie Tran

. This woman was bullied on social media horribly.

Milana Vayntrub also took some crap from social media, although not racist. In her case, some trolls decided to point out that she'd put on a few pounds. Since she directs the commercials as well as starring in them, she did the next batch pretty much as headshots. Then she posted on social media that if people didn't like her body, she'd stop showing it. The trolls died down, probably because at any weight, she's still way out of their league, and she resumed the commercials with full body shots.

I hate internet trolls like Indiana Jones hates Nazis and snakes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.