San Francisco

I Couldn't Believe the Truth About Shoplifting: Much of the shoplifting wave

isn’t committed by starving Jean Valjeans desperate for a loaf of bread.
07/27/2023 | Stephen Green

It wasn’t until just moments ago that I became aware of just how shockingly bad the shoplifting crime wave is — and I’m the former San Francisco resident who can’t seem to stop writing about the city’s long descent into criminality and accompanying economic decline.

Shoplifting has become so rampant over the last few years — and not just in San Francisco — that it’s almost impossible for regular news readers to go more than a day or two without seeing a new video of a criminal or two casually walking out of a major retailer with whatever they want.

Have you seen the latest clip making the rounds? Three “plus-size suspects,” according to the New York Post, loaded up three shopping carts worth of stuff at a Burlington in Sacramento and then loaded up the stolen goods “into a red Dodge Charger as alarms blared in the background.”

In San Francisco, organized crime gangs, often operating out of Oakland, have capitalized on the city’s anything-goes attitude towards so-called lifestyle crimes. Their thugs go in to steal high-margin goods that the OC outfits then sell on the black market.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/07/27/i-couldnt-believe-the-truth-about-shoplifting-n1713826

• Agree 1

Doesn't surprise me. Over 10 tears ago had to go into SF every so often for jobs. Parked near BART stations on the other side of the bay  and took the BART in. Saved a lot of $ that way. Would  walk down Market St at about 9 AM to city offices and see the storeowners hosing down the urine off the sidewalks.  In the library, all the bathrooms were disgusting  except for one in the basement that was out of the way. 

Edited by Wacka

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Might be the epicenter of the decline of the United States.  

A warning to the rest of the country

good let it burn you progressive fools. It’s the only way these people will learn. Go do reparations now. frost that shitcake..  😂 

by the way that last stat on crime being down, it’s because people gave up reporting, recording, prosecuting. That how progressives get crime to go down..  stop treating criminal stuff as crime  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

good let it burn you progressive fools. It’s the only way these people will learn. Go do reparations now. frost that shitcake..  😂 

by the way that last stat on crime being down, it’s because people gave up reporting, recording, prosecuting. That how progressives get crime to go down..  stop treating criminal stuff as crime  

They never learn. They will continue to vote blue. They had a chance in that recall vote about a year or so ago to vote Newsome out and didn't. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Allow me to recharacterize: so nothing good has ever come out of San Francisco.

Sourdough bread.

Cioppino.

Cliff House.

USS Enterprise under the Golden Gate.

My two sons.

Such a damned shame.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

One of my old friends was born/raised in San Francisco.  His parent's house was shown in the opening credits of the old Streets of San Franscisco TV show, it's in a great location with views of the Bay and Alacatraz. 

I visited him a decade or so ago (probably longer), and he showed me around the city.  Beautiful, majestic, awesome and his family treated me like gold.  He is a liberal leaning fellow, his family is as well, yet they powered through 😇.  Of course, I'm delightful, so there's that.    He told me not long ago the downtown area was really a problem, for all the reasons noted, and it was hard to see.  He lives in Morin now but still works in the city. 

@sherpa, just remembered that I was there when the Blue Angels did their air show for Fleet Week.  It was an amazing thing to behold. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

50 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Sourdough bread.

Cioppino.

Cliff House.

USS Enterprise under the Golden Gate.

My two sons.

Such a damned shame.

San Fran is a limb in the history tree of Sour dough bread not a root! 

the last matters most. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@sherpa, just remembered that I was there when the Blue Angels did their air show for Fleet Week.  It was an amazing thing to behold. 

What year?

Could be friends of mine.

My best buddy in the Pacific Fleet Adversary Squadron was Curt Watson, who joined the Blues along with others from that pipeline.

He was the guy who flew Tom Cruise, at the behest of Paramount studios, on an indoc flight that Cruise liked so much he agreed to do Topgun 1.

Curt also spent a year with the Green Bay Packers, which I found out about under under surprising circumstances.

On a WNY note, Mike Gershon, the Blue that died in a midair at the Niagara Falls 1985 airshow was a friend.

Video available on youtube.

Edited by sherpa
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You get what you vote for…

If you vote for woke politicians, then woke ideology will destroy your community…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

What year?

Could be friends of mine.

My best buddy in the Pacific Fleet Adversary Squadron was Curt Watson, who joined the Blues along with others from that pipeline.

He was the guy who flew Tom Cruise, at the behest of Paramount studios, on an indoc flight that Cruise liked so much he agreed to do Topgun 1.

Curt also spent a year with the Green Bay Packers, which I found out about under under surprising circumstances.

On a WNY note, Mike Gershon, the Blue that died in a midair at the Niagara Falls 1985 airshow was a friend.

Video available on youtube.

I’m getting old—that was 2005.  My buddy reminded me his son was in kindergarten and he graduated from UCLA not long ago. 

I had forgotten about the Niagara Falls airshow tragedy.  On a video, your friend talked about trying to pass within a few feet of each other, that’s incredible.  What a shame. 

Very cool story about Top Gun!  My oldest son has a nice movie theater style set up in his basement, we had a family movie night a couple weeks ago and watched the original.  

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m trying to figure out why it even makes a difference if the girl is fat, it’s not enough that she’s just naked?

By the way, met Jake shields long time ago. Solid guy liked him a lot.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

You get what you vote for…

If you vote for woke politicians, then woke ideology will destroy your community…👍

They oughta try summa that in a small town.  They'll hang them from the courthouse balcony in some of those backwater dumps!

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Allow me to recharacterize: so nothing good has ever come out of San Francisco.

This is like the third time this week we agree, so you need to just recognize you are truly a conservative. I welcome you aboard!!

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

They oughta try summa that in a small town.  They'll hang them from the courthouse balcony in some of those backwater dumps!

This is the liberal mindset, since I don't want to kill them we just let them go do whatever they want. there is a huge gap from San Fran to Singapore.

9 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

This is like the third time this week we agree, so you need to just recognize you are truly a conservative. I welcome you aboard!!

This is the liberal mindset, since I don't want to kill them we just let them go do whatever they want. there is a huge gap from San Fran to Singapore.

Hoax.  I don’t believe in vigilante justice.  Many of you apparently do.  You also believe in such things as taking Ivermectin, the election hoax, the benefits of slavery to the enslaved, and squirting Lysol on the organs of COVID patients.  Sick and sad!