Further Details About Gruden’s Leaked E-Mails

WotAGuy

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sure some bad things happened, but getting rid of Gruden and Snyder is not a terrible outcome. 

Thankfully Coaches and GMs are starting to become  aware that the game is more about being smart than it is about Oklahoma Drills and bashing one anothers heads in.

Gruden still had one foot in the old ways and being an idiot finally got him done in.   I think he deserves to be forgiven, what I don't think is anyone should be lining up to feel sorry for the guy.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Lol, what a total sh-t show, 

The hysterical thing is that these people appear to think that emails are private, what a bunch of knuckleheads. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Lol, what a total sh-t show, 

The hysterical thing is that these people appear to think that emails are private, what a bunch of knuckleheads. 

GO BILLS!!!

650,000 of em!  🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Interesting article about some of the league’s inner machinations.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37965420/the-secret-history-dan-snyder-demise-washington-commanders-owner

Gruden was a hero dying taking out $nyder.

"F--- the NFL," Davis later told Gruden. "And f--- Dan Snyder."

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Interesting article about some of the league’s inner machinations.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37965420/the-secret-history-dan-snyder-demise-washington-commanders-owner

While I do not condone anything Gruden said and say that there should have been some repercussion from the e-mails, it's just so odd that he gets fired, public image destroyed, becomes basically unable to be hired and cast out as a plague on society (on some of those fronts deservingly so)....and Dan Snyder gets about $6 BILLION dollars and goes on his merry way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

A lot of 6th grade nonsense going on with these dudes. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

While I do not condone anything Gruden said and say that there should have been some repercussion from the e-mails, it's just so odd that he gets fired, public image destroyed, becomes basically unable to be hired and cast out as a plague on society (on some of those fronts deservingly so)....and Dan Snyder gets about $6 BILLION dollars and goes on his merry way.

Danny Boy plays for keeps. That part about the Blackmail PowerPoint is hilarious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Don't feel sorry for Gruden, the settlement for the remainder of his $100M contract will ensure he also gets to go on his merry way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

....and Dan Snyder gets about $6 BILLION dollars and goes on his merry way.

11 minutes ago, QCity said:

Don't feel sorry for Gruden, the settlement for the remainder of his $100M contract will ensure he also gets to go on his merry way.

Some have private jets.  Some fly first class commercial.  The rest of us, check the sofa cushions for spare change...ROAD TRIP!

31 minutes ago, QCity said:

Didn't say I felt sorry for him. Gruden likely never had to work again with his career earnings anyway. But by and large he becomes the face of public ridicule and scorn with a lot less to show for it. Different rules apply for you and I then a millionaire like Gruden. And different rules apply for millionaires than billionaires. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Didn't say I felt sorry for him. Gruden likely never had to work again with his career earnings anyway. But by and large he becomes the face of public ridicule and scorn with a lot less to show for it. Different rules apply for you and I then a millionaire like Gruden. And different rules apply for millionaires than billionaires. 

Gruden has enough money to have a name change and some cosmetic surgery and some hair dye/wig  and never need to deal with again,

On other hand: Jon Gruden intends “to burn the [NFL’s] house down”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/with-his-lawsuit-against-the-nfl-jon-gruden-intends-to-burn-the-house-down

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Gruden has enough money to have a name change and some cosmetic surgery and some hair dye/wig  and never need to deal with again,

On other hand: Jon Gruden intends “to burn the [NFL’s] house down”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/with-his-lawsuit-against-the-nfl-jon-gruden-intends-to-burn-the-house-down

Can’t wait to see how that all plays out.  Sounds like Bruce Allen has some juicy ammo. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m sure some bad things happened, but getting rid of Gruden and Snyder is not a terrible outcome. 

Now all we need is for the league to put *'s along with every Patriots* Super Bowl championship, and every players statistics from whomever played for the Bellichick regime. Hall of Fame players included.

Then everything will be right. B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Can’t wait to see how that all plays out.  Sounds like Bruce Allen has some juicy ammo. 

The rumor I heard here via legal channels is the leak came from $nyder's office by a staff member unhappy with toxic culture of sexual harassment and lacking of punishment by NFL who helped cover it up.  This got rid of $nyder and gave NFL a black eye.

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Now all we need is for the league to put *'s along with every Patriots* Super Bowl championship, and every players statistics from whomever played for the Bellichick regime. Hall of Fame players included.

Then everything will be right. B-)

Where is the clapping emoji reaction?

11 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Life is so tough being shunned after accumulating multi generational wealth

I can put the wealth aside. I don’t resent rich people, and plenty of rich people are absolutely miserable.

What he should be unhappy about is……those are his words! He said those things, so I have to think he believes those things. Sure he’s rich, but he’s also been exposed for who and what he really is. We are forgiving, but it usually takes some contrition. I don’t think we’ve seen that, but I could be wrong. 

I don’t care how rich you are. Knowing so many people around you think you are scum must feel uncomfortable. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I’ll say what I stayed when this was new, I don’t condone either nor does any reasonable person the horrible remarks, but to write it down on a permanent record is ######ed.  

My sister and other family members are in law enforcement and she has stated so many times “everything is discoverable”. I’ve talked to my kids so many times and told them not even Snapchat that they tell me goes away in a date or two is crap.  If law enforcement wants they can get just about anything.  Texts, IG, Facebook, Snapchat and just about any other social media venue, even this board.

Thankfully we have mods to keep knuckleheads from themselves here (for the most part).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.