Bills vs MIA NFLN Dec replay

TFBillsfan

So ready for the 2024  season to kick off.  In  rewatching the game, forgot how Damar gave up two TDs and Cam had a horrible special teams 4th down penalty that led to MIA taking the lead late in the 3rd qtr. Josh missed Diggs deep which would have been a TD. Run defense was severely lacking.

Bills came out flat in the 3rd qtr giving up 13 points and scoring zero which was a bad trend all year. Josh is 9-2 overall vs MIA with the two losses being a TD drop by Charles Clay and Josh missing an easy TD on 4th down to Isiah McKenzie. 

The AFCE will be a dogfight this year.

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

This game was a lot of fun. One of the few times Allen looked right post-injury. 

A lot of people worry about close games with the Dolphins. When I watch the 3 fins games I see a team that spent 3 years trying to solve allen and finally threw everything and the kitchen sink at it in 2022, and all they were able to get is one scraped out win in week 3 at home after the Bills were down to their last available linemen, with one playing on a torn ACL because no one was left. The fins blew their load and still didn't accomplish anything 

The Jets are up next 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 7

The Dolphins played 18 games last year, and the only teams to allow fewer passing yards to them than any of the 3 Bills games are the Jets (who never faced Tua) and the Chargers 

The Dolphins managed to get a run game going once out of three times other than that, this was their second-best running game of the year. The other two times they played the Bills were their second-and-third-worst rushing games of the year

Everyone loves their narratives 

The Bills were objectively better at stopping the dolphins than the vast majority of teams who played them, all year long

The Bills outgained the Dolphins by like 300 yards per game despite this year being a culmination of going all-in to finally topple the Bills. They fell completely limp and gave up huge hauls for Jalen Ramsey and Bradley Chubb, who have never beaten or done anything against the Bills

If the situations were reversed the same fans who act scared and like Miami is about to pass Buffalo, would be so insufferably miserable about what we did to pass the Bills, not being able to pass the bills, and hitting the end of Tua's rookie deal with about 10 guys above age 30 with massive cap hits 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Watching this game again, it is so clear to see that this team was toast well before the Bengals playoff game.

The defense looks like absolute crap.

Puts into perspective how lame the Hamlin, Pegula, etc excuses are.

Agree. It may sound cold, but those excuses were and are propagated by many, including the Bills. I would think once on the field, all that leaves your mind

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

The Dolphins played 18 games last year, and the only teams to allow fewer passing yards to them than any of the 3 Bills games are the Jets (who never faced Tua) and the Chargers 

The Dolphins managed to get a run game going once out of three times other than that, this was their second-best running game of the year. The other two times they played the Bills were their second-and-third-worst rushing games of the year

Everyone loves their narratives 

The Bills were objectively better at stopping the dolphins than the vast majority of teams who played them, all year long

The Bills outgained the Dolphins by like 300 yards per game despite this year being a culmination of going all-in to finally topple the Bills. They fell completely limp and gave up huge hauls for Jalen Ramsey and Bradley Chubb, who have never beaten or done anything against the Bills

If the situations were reversed the same fans who act scared and like Miami is about to pass Buffalo, would be so insufferably miserable about what we did to pass the Bills, not being able to pass the bills, and hitting the end of Tua's rookie deal with about 10 guys above age 30 with massive cap hits 

exactly right. The SAME fans would be saying this. Always consider the source. 

53 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Agree. It may sound cold, but those excuses were and are propagated by many, including the Bills. I would think once on the field, all that leaves your mind

When’s the last time you were on the field? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone forgets how emotional the previous 3 weeks were before this. I actually said to my friends I’m cool with them forfeiting the season. I was emotionally spent after the Damar Hamlin ordeal. The team did their best they had nothing left. Anyone that doesn’t understand the mental & emotional toll that had in the team and the ending is totally clueless about human emotion 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, arcane said:

This game was a lot of fun. One of the few times Allen looked right post-injury. 

A lot of people worry about close games with the Dolphins. When I watch the 3 fins games I see a team that spent 3 years trying to solve allen and finally threw everything and the kitchen sink at it in 2022, and all they were able to get is one scraped out win in week 3 at home after the Bills were down to their last available linemen, with one playing on a torn ACL because no one was left. The fins blew their load and still didn't accomplish anything 

The Jets are up next 

So you think the Dolphins had a one year window, and that’s it?  Tua’s still on his rookie contract.  So is Waddle.  Tyreek will be on the second year of his contract, and they just signed Jalen Ramsey.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

So you think the Dolphins had a one year window, and that’s it?  Tua’s still on his rookie contract.  So is Waddle.  Tyreek will be on the second year of his contract, and they just signed Jalen Ramsey.  

No they’re good but they aren’t the Bills at full strength. It’s not who you’re playing but when you play them. Dolphins beat the Bills with 7 starters out last year 19-17 great job . This year is a new year. Bills still have JA17 & the Dolphins still have Tua. Good luck with that 

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

No they’re good but they aren’t the Bills at full strength. It’s not who you’re playing but when you play them. Dolphins beat the Bills with 7 starters out last year 19-17 great job . This year is a new year. Bills still have JA17 & the Dolphins still have Tua. Good luck with that 

The Dolphins have a solid roster, and Tua can play when he’s healthy.  That team is no joke.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.