Sound of Freedom movie

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Coulda fooled me!

Give me a list of what movies and other products you are currently boycotting. That may save me from doing my next Woke is Whatever I Don't Like analysis.

I’m not boycotting any movies. If there’s something that appeals to me I may go see it or I may not. I don’t think I will have interest in the Snow White reboot and Barbie is touch and go. 

I do not spend my money on Nike or Gillette products.

Thank you for standing guard on this hot button topic. Are you absolutely certain it couldn’t have been North Korea? The thought never occurred to you? Maybe you have too much going on with all your other areas of excellence. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

I’m not boycotting any movies. If there’s something that appeals to me I may go see it or I may not. I don’t think I will have interest in the Snow White reboot and Barbie is touch and go. 

I do not spend my money on Nike or Gillette products.

Thank you for standing guard on this hot button topic. Are you absolutely certain it couldn’t have been North Korea? The thought never occurred to you? Maybe you have too much going on with all your other areas of excellence. 

Definitely not North Korea. Landscape was all wrong.

See, with my many areas of expertise I study these things.

I must have missed the Gillette issue. Or maybe it's just the Pats connection? I'm ok with boycotting anything Pats related.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I must have missed the Gillette issue. Or maybe it's just the Pats connection? I'm ok with boycotting anything Pats related.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/avidan/2019/01/16/for-men-gillette-is-no-longer-the-best-a-brand-can-get/

Long time customer but don’t feel the need to give them my money after they wagged their finger at me. To each his/her/their/xir own. 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

IMG_0765.jpeg.5d682000e7ce95d9528fedf37ca9cded.jpeg

Someone so schooled (self-taught) in bluster cannot be let off easily. NK looks delightful! Reminds me of the scenery in the canyon. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 years ago someone overlapped a song by Graham Nash with their own political thoughts. However, the song was about a problem with his papers to perform in another country with Stills, Young, and crosby. This crap isn't new at all... great song by the way, the jangle guitar is excellent in this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

IMPRESSIVE: Sound of Freedom breaks $100 million in box office sales.

The film details the true story of how former Homeland Security agent Tim Ballard quit his DHS job and risked his life to journey into the jungles of Colombia in an effort to save children from sex slavery.

On Wednesday, Sound of Freedom grossed $4.7 million, which pushed it to $101 million in total ticket sales, according to box office reports.

Angel Studios Senior Vice President of Global Distribution Jared Geesey told the Washington Examiner that Sound of Freedom is “dominating the box office as the result of a ground-up, grassroots movement of everyday people who are making this an historic success.”

“This is the opposite of the top down system developed by Hollywood gatekeepers,” Geesey added. “We are empowering people to be part of choosing, funding, and sharing stories that amplify light and impact culture.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sound-of-freedom-100-million-box-office-sales

• Like (+1) 4

I plan on watching the movie

But I’m in a different camp than people are about movies. Nowadays, I take movies for what they are entertainment. The sound of freedom is not some cold to arms against the Democrats only people that are ***** in the head take movies as a sounding call.

It’s an entertaining script. I actually like the lead actor and like the work he has done in the past but once again, I keep his politics separate from his job.

Child trafficking is a real thing and it’s bad. It happens more than people know, but they’re not doing it so that they can take their blood. It’s mostly for sexual work and labor. Which is horrible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I haven’t seen this yet but I’ve heard the “God’s children are not for sale” quote…I mean apparently they are since God certainly hasn’t done anything to stop them from being sold for centuries now. 

It’s that type of cringe that’s probably as eye-rolling to many of us that “Smash the Patriarchy!” from Barbie is to more Conservative people. 

I’ll probably give it a chance myself at some point but it seems to me at first glance that it might be overblown that this movie is completely apolitical with no religious agenda that is being unfairly portrayed as such. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

On 7/21/2023 at 10:05 AM, JDHillFan said:

100M seems like a lot. Never expected QAnon (is that how it’s spelled/stylized?) to have that kind of dough when they are spending it all on insurrection, twinkies and Bud lig…craft beer. 

I have heard the movie is good, but that it ignores the fact that some trafficked children did learn valuable skills that will make them more employable in adulthood, like how to cut and pack meat, etc.

Just saw the movie tonight and I have one word- POWERFUL!

While watching, I tried to figure out why the Left had their panties in a bunch over this movie…

And now that I have seen it, I can tell you- Guys, it’s completely fake outrage!!!

This movie is emotional, moving, and full of heart and sacrifice…Afterward I turned to my wife and asked her how there is not a national push to promote this movie- simply based off its humanitarian efforts, alone…

It just blows my mind how people can be for and against certain things…

But the movie was excellent…strongly recommend it! 👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Leave it to Big Mollie to have the stupidest take of all:

Even if one were to make the assertion that you can fight to end child sex trafficking while still supporting LGBT “rights,” the devil in the details would be in trying to separate the predatory part of perversity, and perversity from mere preference. This is of extreme importance when it comes to children, who are the prime targets of today’s LGBT agenda and who, because of their dependence on adults, will always bear the brunt of their parents’ choices. To falter even a little from setting traditional and objective moral standards for raising healthy kids is to invite into one’s mind a plausible excuse for failure that will by default come to fruition.

So Mollie walks right into it. Being for LGBT rights somehow means you are in favor of child sex trafficking. So I guess the people decrying this film as right-wing propaganda have a point?

Just watched the Tim Ballard Documentary on Amazon Prime!

Fantastic, and great follow up after seeing the movie…👍

This guy, along with the rest of the people working in Operation Underground Railroad are doing God’s work! 👍

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 7/20/2023 at 1:31 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Isn’t Josh Allen doing commercials for Gillette? Why would we be boycotting them?

PS I don’t use them either but that’s because I’m growing my beard

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Isn’t Josh Allen doing commercials for Gillette? Why would we be boycotting them?

PS I don’t use them either but that’s because I’m growing my beard

You missed the footnote to the Boycott Woke campaign.

*Boycotts do not apply to star athletes from "your" team who have endorsed products otherwise subject to boycott. See Allen, Josh and Gillette. Boycotts also do not apply to corporate-owned beers associated with "your" team's fanbase, even when such corporate beer producers are otherwise subject to boycott. "Buy American" rules are similarly suspended in such situations. See Labatt's, Blue and AB Inbev.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You missed the footnote to the Boycott Woke campaign.

*Boycotts do not apply to star athletes from "your" team who have endorsed products otherwise subject to boycott. See Allen, Josh and Gillette. Boycotts also do not apply to corporate-owned beers associated with "your" team's fanbase, even when such corporate beer producers are otherwise subject to boycott. "Buy American" rules are similarly suspended in such situations. See Labatt's, Blue and AB Inbev.

I honestly had missed InBev owned Labatts. I have over time realized that InBev buys a good brand, Goose Island, Kona, the list is pretty long, maintains quality for about 2 years and then allows the product to settle towards the norm. Very few of their beers are anything special anymore, which makes not buying them very easy. Though our local brews now cost $12 for a six pack at the store for their good stuff. 

The real trafficking/child labor crisis:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/labor-dept-says-number-children-found-working-illegally-up-44-percent-rcna96480

Immigrants being put to work doing hard physical labor and not going to school. Not as sexy as, well, "sex trafficking," but far, far more prevalent. The sex-obsessed alt right should be paying attention to this, particularly since it meshes with the immigration issue.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, B-Man said:

They should’ve asked you a question that right wingers really want to answer one of the answer

Do you think that Hollywood elites are stealing something out of those kids bodies?

Or

Is trafficking children, a problem worldwide that needs to be brought to light

Would be interesting on the answer see if tua can keep from laughing

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They should’ve asked you a question that right wingers really want to answer one of the answer

Do you think that Hollywood elites are stealing something out of those kids bodies?

Or

Is trafficking children, a problem worldwide that needs to be brought to light

Would be interesting on the answer see if tua can keep from laughing

WTF did I just read? Anyone here who can translate this? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just anotherMAGA lying grifter

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkaqvn/tim-ballards-departure-from-operation-underground-railroad-followed-sexual-misconduct-investigation

On 7/23/2023 at 9:14 PM, JaCrispy said:

Just watched the Tim Ballard Documentary on Amazon Prime!

Fantastic, and great follow up after seeing the movie…👍

This guy, along with the rest of the people working in Operation Underground Railroad are doing God’s work! 👍

If God approves of sexually harassing multiple coworkers…

32 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

If true, it is very sad and disappointing that an organization that did so much good could be tarnished by the potential downfall of one human being…

Certainly doesn’t diminish the fact that over 100 children were saved…Hopefully they are just allegations…👍

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Someone doesn't want him to run

(20 years ago,  not provable, just to muddy him)

cuz like trump, he did nothing wrong😒.  you are a shamless shill.  You think the LDS is a bunch of far left  ideologues?  they effectively divorced him.  Why?  They did their own investigation.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever