Sound of Freedom movie

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I love Joe Rogan and just about everything but politics he is a total idiot in that area stick to MMA Joe

Don’t look to silence people with opposing views, John.  That’s one of the basic tenets of far left (or far right) ideology. 

You’re free to disagree with his controversial take here that being healthy equates to being “far right”, but in my humble opinion you suggesting he not share his views and keep his mouth shut because it offends you is the bigger issue.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

California Senate Democrats vote against making child trafficking a "serious crime"

e0dcde5f-450b-4ef1-88c9-0894b7635ada-860

To give you context, this bill has come up and failed in the past because it classified all human trafficking as a “serious crime,” and Democrats opposed that.

Trafficking adults is apparently not that big a deal.

What about children, then?

It was rewritten so that only trafficking in MINORS would be a serious crime, and it made it through several committees until the Public Safety Committee voted it down–in the most cowardly way possible, with Democrats abstaining so they wouldn’t have to own up to a “No” vote.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/12/california-senate-democrats-vote-against-making-child-trafficking-a-serious-crime-n563929

• Shocked 1

Why Is the Movie ‘Sound of Freedom’ Political? Because the Left Wants It to Be

By Jeff Charles 

IMG_2850.thumb.jpeg.27e731821716ffe3ea4bc982a46380fa.jpeg

It is honestly becoming harder and harder for me to understand why so many on the fringe left are so upset that people made a movie designed to expose the brutality of child sex trafficking.

After reading so many meandering and condescending op-eds castigating “Sound of Freedom” and those who watched it as mindless QAnon conspiracy theorists, I am not much closer to wrapping my mind around their animosity toward this movie.

{snip} 

As I wrote previously, I think the only reason folks like the author are trying to discredit the film is because it is being hyped by conservatives and features a conservative actor. That’s the only reason. It has nothing to do with QAnon or conspiracy theories—and everything to do with toxic hyper partisanship.

If a leftist filmmaker made the same movie, folks like Romano would have absolutely no problem with it because it would be made by someone on her team. Folks like her are part of the problem and one of the reasons why Americans have difficulty addressing important problems – especially those caused by government.

Human trafficking should never be a partisan matter. As I stated previously, people of all political stripes can agree that the sexual abuse of children is despicable and should be opposed vigorously. Unfortunately, bad actors on the left are more concerned with scoring cheap political points than supporting a good cause.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/07/15/why-is-the-movie-sound-of-freedom-political-because-the-left-wants-it-to-be-n777126

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Meanwhile - most of us had never even heard of it and look who started this thread.

Think people.

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

They have to deny it so they can decriminalize it.  That's their goal.

And your party wants to pass laws legalizing under age marriage and force 10-year-babies to deliver - babies.

Think people.

Edited by BillStime

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Think.

Think.

Oh the irony. 

“movie we’ve never heard of”  being discussed all over US media. 

“Forcing 10 year olds to deliver” lie 

🤔 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/12/2023 at 11:37 AM, B-Man said:

California Senate Democrats vote against making child trafficking a "serious crime"

e0dcde5f-450b-4ef1-88c9-0894b7635ada-860

To give you context, this bill has come up and failed in the past because it classified all human trafficking as a “serious crime,” and Democrats opposed that.

Trafficking adults is apparently not that big a deal.

What about children, then?

It was rewritten so that only trafficking in MINORS would be a serious crime, and it made it through several committees until the Public Safety Committee voted it down–in the most cowardly way possible, with Democrats abstaining so they wouldn’t have to own up to a “No” vote.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/12/california-senate-democrats-vote-against-making-child-trafficking-a-serious-crime-n563929

Can’t offend the alphabet people just to protect kids…And lord knows California is the alphabet capital of the world! 😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

Sound of Freedom expected to break $100 million in gross receipts in second box office weekend

by Heather Hamilton

Sound of Freedom is once again shocking the box office with expectations of reaching nearly $23 million in its second weekend in theaters. The film grossed more than $7 million on Friday, putting it on pace to finish the weekend with $81 million and to break $100 million in gross receipts, according to box office reports. Sound of Freedom continues to beat Sony Pictures Insidious: The Red Door overall, in addition to besting Disney’s latest Indiana Jones film on a daily basis for nearly a week.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sound-of-freedom-break-100-million-gross-receipts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Sound of Freedom expected to break $100 million in gross receipts in second box office weekend

by Heather Hamilton

Sound of Freedom is once again shocking the box office with expectations of reaching nearly $23 million in its second weekend in theaters. The film grossed more than $7 million on Friday, putting it on pace to finish the weekend with $81 million and to break $100 million in gross receipts, according to box office reports. Sound of Freedom continues to beat Sony Pictures Insidious: The Red Door overall, in addition to besting Disney’s latest Indiana Jones film on a daily basis for nearly a week.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sound-of-freedom-break-100-million-gross-receipts

Amazing how much people seem to love non-woke movies…👍

On 7/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, B-Man said:

By Jeff Charles 

IMG_2850.thumb.jpeg.27e731821716ffe3ea4bc982a46380fa.jpeg

It is honestly becoming harder and harder for me to understand why so many on the fringe left are so upset that people made a movie designed to expose the brutality of child sex trafficking.

After reading so many meandering and condescending op-eds castigating “Sound of Freedom” and those who watched it as mindless QAnon conspiracy theorists, I am not much closer to wrapping my mind around their animosity toward this movie.

{snip} 

As I wrote previously, I think the only reason folks like the author are trying to discredit the film is because it is being hyped by conservatives and features a conservative actor. That’s the only reason. It has nothing to do with QAnon or conspiracy theories—and everything to do with toxic hyper partisanship.

If a leftist filmmaker made the same movie, folks like Romano would have absolutely no problem with it because it would be made by someone on her team. Folks like her are part of the problem and one of the reasons why Americans have difficulty addressing important problems – especially those caused by government.

Human trafficking should never be a partisan matter. As I stated previously, people of all political stripes can agree that the sexual abuse of children is despicable and should be opposed vigorously. Unfortunately, bad actors on the left are more concerned with scoring cheap political points than supporting a good cause.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/07/15/why-is-the-movie-sound-of-freedom-political-because-the-left-wants-it-to-be-n777126

There's some hypocrisy here though because in many ways it IS being marketed as a Conservative movie by Conservative media. If you go to a place like Youtube, look how many of the titles from popular Conservative influencers say things like "this is the movie the Left doesn't want you to see!" or "Libs freaking out at success of Sound of Freedom!" I myself honestly thought it was some kind of political movie for a while because of that narrative because I don't actually watch those videos, like most people on the other side they just scroll past those kinds of click-bait headlines. 

But doesn't that help create that same echo chamber that you're claiming the Liberal media is doing? I think there's fault on both sides for that kind of thing. Like why would a person who is a liberal or even independent want to see a movie that they have an impression is Conservative perspective-based?

I haven't seen it so I'm not going to say one way or another, but I initially also wasn't interested because I heard the movie was "faith-based". I'm not even sure if that's true anymore or if that's one of these labels that both sides are contributing to giving it. I grew up around Christian movies and that stuff is just not my cup of tea because they tend to not actually address the tough questions that come with religion. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

7 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

There's some hypocrisy here though because in many ways it IS being marketed as a Conservative movie by Conservative media. If you go to a place like Youtube, look how many of the titles from popular Conservative influencers say things like "this is the movie the Left doesn't want you to see!" or "Libs freaking out at success of Sound of Freedom!" I myself honestly thought it was some kind of political movie for a while because of that narrative because I don't actually watch those videos, like most people on the other side they just scroll past those kinds of click-bait headlines. 

But doesn't that help create that same echo chamber that you're claiming the Liberal media is doing? I think there's fault on both sides for that kind of thing. Like why would a person who is a liberal or even independent want to see a movie that they have an impression is Conservative perspective-based?

I haven't seen it so I'm not going to say one way or another, but I initially also wasn't interested because I heard the movie was "faith-based". I'm not even sure if that's true anymore or if that's one of these labels that both sides are contributing to giving it. I grew up around Christian movies and that stuff is just not my cup of tea because they tend to not actually address the tough questions that come with religion. 

It’s funny but it seems that conservatives “claim” the movie for the same reasons the woke reject it- Jim Caviezel and the fact that it doesn’t push woke politics…👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s funny but it seems that conservatives “claim” the movie for the same reasons the woke reject it- Jim Caviezel and the fact that it doesn’t push woke politics…👍

Sure...but doesn't that have the same exact effect? 

The claiming movies or celebrities thing is so strange to me. Like I've seen both sides try to claim Bill Burr for example. I think he's probably just a dude that agrees and disagrees with things on both sides and makes fun of both sides if you pay attention to him. Like he completely slams cancel culture and extreme feminists but is also a believer in social programs. 

Not everything is political, I think you would probably agree with that, but these groups that in my opinion that are so obsessed with "winning" try to make it that way. I haven't done any kind of deep dive into this movie so I have no idea if it's actually political...but if you just looked at headlines from both sides you would totally think it is. 

24 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Sure...but doesn't that have the same exact effect? 

The claiming movies or celebrities thing is so strange to me. Like I've seen both sides try to claim Bill Burr for example. I think he's probably just a dude that agrees and disagrees with things on both sides and makes fun of both sides if you pay attention to him. Like he completely slams cancel culture and extreme feminists but is also a believer in social programs. 

Not everything is political, I think you would probably agree with that, but these groups that in my opinion that are so obsessed with "winning" try to make it that way. I haven't done any kind of deep dive into this movie so I have no idea if it's actually political...but if you just looked at headlines from both sides you would totally think it is. 

I agree with everything you’re saying…

I think the thinking of conservatives/non-woke liberals is more of “everything on tv or in the movies is woke, so here is finally  something we can watch and not cringe over”…

So, I guess not so much “claiming”, just something they can sit back and be entertained by and not worry about being propagandized be Leftist politics…👍

This is also why Top Gun Maverick and Mission Impossible did so well at the box office…👍

Edited by JaCrispy