Why is Tyrod Taylor not more revered in the Bills fan base?

I liked Taylor when he was here and wished that they had kept him as a stopgap while transitioning to Allen.  

Taylor was actually decent when throwing to Watkins and woods.   His 2015 season may have been the best for a QB in the drought era.   A big part of his decline in my opinion was the WR group of 2017 which consisted of

-A not Ready yet rookie in Zay Jones who has become decent now in Jacksonville, but had a record drop ratio in the first half of the season as a rookie

-An overrated, uninspired Jordan Matthews who did want to be in Buffalo and made it clear with his effort

-A journeyman in Deonte Thompson who led the way with a blazing 27 receptions and may have actually been the best in the bunch

-Andre Holmes and Brandon Tate who were nothing more than special teams players

-A trade for Kelvin Benjamin who also didn't want to be there and gained more pounds than he caught passes during his time here

I really thought that he might stick around as a journeyman in the same way that Fitz did after Buffalo, but he could never catch a break.    I appreciate Taylor for his time here, but am glad to have Allen now.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

Tyrod against Miami on Christmas showed me what was always possible. He just never pulled the trigger. He was worse than flutie because flutie seemed to get at least a couple first downs and glad real balls. Tyrod was probably more talented, but never pulled the trigger.

And "revere" is a big word. Reserved for legends, IMO. Tyrod was serviceable and I always thought he could have so much more.

Edited by billsintaiwan

On 7/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, Bockeye said:

Getting excited about Tyrod is like celebrating a ‘C’ on your report card. 

D Minus.    Can’t win a playoff game by scoring twice in a whole game.   

Think he lost a game for the browns with a plus 7 Turnover differential iirc.   

He stinks, the guy who keeps telling us he doesn’t must be stoned.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/29/2023 at 5:14 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I never ever understood the hate for Tyrod Taylor. He was a dynamic athlete that defenses had to properly game plan against and played a big role in breaking the 17 year drought. I think he is one of the better dual threats of all time and it’s cool seeing the contrast between TT and Allen as runners. Why is he not a bigger part of Bills’ lore? He got done what a **** load of previous QBs couldn’t. It’s not like Losman, Bledsoe, or Fitz didn’t have good defenses too. So I really don’t wanna hear how the defense alone propelled us there. It was also Tyrod’s legs and low turnover rate + big play ability as well. 

Let's see....17/37 for 134 yards and 0 td and 1 int in the playoffs.

Also having guys wide open and not scanning the field enough to see them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

D Minus.    Can’t win a playoff game by scoring twice in a whole game.   

Think he lost a game for the browns with a plus 7 Turnover differential iirc.   

He stinks, the guy who keeps telling us he doesn’t must be stoned.  

I can't believe anyone would die on Tuh-rod hill. 57 yds against the Saints lol

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Tyrod had TRASH WRs. 

TT had Sammy Watkins , Robert woods , Percy harvin, marquise goodwin,  and chris hogan 

Plus Charles Clay and LeSean McCoy to throw to

It’s 1 billion times better than what Josh Allen inherited

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Only in his final year. 2015 he had Watkins, Woods and Harvin.

And Marquise Goodwin and Chris Hogan

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

young peak watkins did some things once trash ass Tyrod got out the way for Orton 🤣

I misunderstood. I thought you were saying Watkins and Woods were no good. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.