Why is Tyrod Taylor not more revered in the Bills fan base?

18 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yeah, Watkins is trash. 

Watkins was a better WR than Taylor was a QB.

Look at Taylor's start with the Browns.  How can such a conservative guy throwing the ball do this?  How can someone who doesn't take chances throwing the ball only complete 28% of his passes?  This state line is probably the most embarrassing 4 game stretch in the history of the NFL. 

image.thumb.png.d406df71e0aad28ef8caf3ab7e0371f6.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Look at Taylor's start with the Browns.  How can such a conservative guy throwing the ball do this?  How can someone who doesn't take chances throwing the ball only complete 28% of his passes?  This state line is probably the most embarrassing 4 game stretch in the history of the NFL. 

Tyrod overachieved for a 6th rounder. Watkins was a borderline bust as the 4th overall pick (and another 1st.) Tyrod’s has had a much more impressive career to me. Ironically, Watkins’ best season was w/ TT under center. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Tyrod overachieved for a 6th rounder. Watkins was a borderline bust as the 4th overall pick (and another 1st.) Tyrod’s has had a much more impressive career to me. Ironically, Watkins’ best season was w/ TT under center. 

Overachiever for a 6th rounder, sure.  But that doesn't mean he's an All Time dual threat lol.  His passing stats are TERRIBLE.  How can you be an all time dual threat if one of the threats, you're terrible at?

Since he's left Buffalo, he has 9 passing TD's to 8 INT's and a QBR between 10-40.  

He's an all time runner because there haven't been many of those but passing the ball....yikes.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

At a guess....the low completion % probably reflects someone who "doesn't take chances" and is throwing the ball away a lot when he can't find a receiver that is open to his satisfaction but doesn't have a good pass-protecting OL and doesn't want to risk a strip sack trying to manuever and wait.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

young peak watkins did some things once trash ass Tyrod got out the way for Orton 🤣

Wow.  Most peoples opinion very from he was ok to he was trash and the variation is largely based on if they actually know how well he played with help vs with no help.  I'm not going to argue opinions (and that's all they are) about how good or bad he was.   Allen is clearly much much better but people don't understand how often he had no one to throw to and how his stats almost directly correlate from good to bad based on how bad his receivers were.  It also helps if you even know what seasons he played.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Overachiever for a 6th rounder, sure.  But that doesn't mean he's an All Time dual threat lol.  His passing stats are TERRIBLE.  How can you be an all time dual threat if one of the threats, you're terrible at?

Since he's left Buffalo, he has 9 passing TD's to 8 INT's and a QBR between 10-40.  

He's an all time runner because there haven't been many of those but passing the ball....yikes.

Conservative and a good defense will win you games.  I would much rather have a great QB and a great defense but for the sake of a Taylor discussion if Cleveland had Bass for a kicker the Browns would have been 2 and 1 with Taylor and possible 3 and 0 if they tied it at the end of the Saints game and had won in overtime.  I feel almost ridiculous defending the guy because he wasn't an elite QB and we certainly are much better with Allen but people make him sound a lot worse than he was.  The one thing he lacked the most is not on a stat sheet.  He just didn't have "it".  That 4th quarter game on the line and you pull something out of your butt type stuff.  Allen even early on as a rookie showed it.  Taylor never had it.  When his run was over I wasn't surprised or upset.

• Like (+1) 2

I was all about Tyrod in Rex's first season as coach. He was better than anything we had prior (excluding Fitz and maybe Bledsoe ) in the drought era. 

However he never got any better. In his 3 years starting here, he never rose above average. Countless times I yelled at the TV to throw the ball as Tyrod sat there and had no idea what to do. While he was always a class act while here, there was somethjng that always rubbed me the wrong way about him. Never really seemed to embrace buffalo the way Allen does or even the way Fitz did/does. He'll always be part of the end of the drought, and that's cool, but as far as him being some kind of bills hero, nah 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Drew Lock's passing stats are terrible.  Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart, EJ Manuel, Trent Edwards, and many, MANY more.  The reason this thread exists is because of posts like this.  

23 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Woods has never scored a TD in a SB or even played in one for that matter. He injured his ACL early in the year, but he technically has a ring. 

Woods played in Super Bowl LIII with the Rams.  He had 5 catches for 70 yards and rushed once for 5 yards.  Since the Rams lost 13-3 he obviously never scored a TD.  

On 7/5/2023 at 1:28 PM, Maine-iac said:

Wow.  Most peoples opinion very from he was ok to he was trash and the variation is largely based on if they actually know how well he played with help vs with no help.  I'm not going to argue opinions (and that's all they are) about how good or bad he was.   Allen is clearly much much better but people don't understand how often he had no one to throw to and how his stats almost directly correlate from good to bad based on how bad his receivers were.  It also helps if you even know what seasons he played.

In summary he sucked.    No way to sugarcoat it based on your feelings for him 

they shoulda left his sorry ass in Jacksonville after he cost the team a win by playing like a scared POS 

I think his entire career came down to that Jacksonville playoff game because it was an inflection point for the franchise to be in it, and to boot, a very winnable game.

I think TT gets the Fitzy treatment if the Bills win that game. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.