Bills Training Camp tickets

Hebert19

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

From that article...

So buy them on the secondary market, once the transfer is completed, call your cc company and tell them according to New York law this was a scam and you want your money back.  Maybe you'll get to keep the tickets, maybe not.  

Sounds like a lot of risk and hassle for training camp tix.  

Too much for me anyway.  

I have tickets and have never been before.  I will be using my tickets with my kids.  What should I expect?  Should we get there early? Are there realistic opportunities for kids to get autographs without fighting grown men for fence time?

*If by some unforeseen chance we can't make it on our allotted day - I vow to give away the tickets to someone on this forum.

11 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I have tickets and have never been before.  I will be using my tickets with my kids.  What should I expect?  Should we get there early? Are there realistic opportunities for kids to get autographs without fighting grown men for fence time?

*If by some unforeseen chance we can't make it on our allotted day - I vow to give away the tickets to someone on this forum.

Since it's your first time, go as early as you can.  There is a shop to walk through and then booths where you can buy food and play games and win prizes, on your way to the practice field.  It will also allow you to get better seats in the bleachers.  I also suggest freezing some water bottles and bringing them with you because it gets hot, and wear a hat.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Since it's your first time, go as early as you can.  There is a shop to walk through and then booths where you can buy food and play games and win prizes, on your way to the practice field.  It will also allow you to get better seats in the bleachers.  I also suggest freezing some water bottles and bringing them with you because it gets hot, and wear a hat.

Thank you - if it's a 9:30 practice, when you say, "go as early as you can", do you mean be in the parking lot by 8a, 7a?  I appreciate the intel.

Does anyone have extra tickets? I'm a season ticket holder but got the email Monday only 15 minutes before they sold out (I was at work and couldn't get to my computer in time). Trying to bring my wife and 4 year old daughter to a practice, as she's not old enough to go to games yet and we have a 10 week old at home as well.

If anyone has any extra (even to purchase if they're reasonable), I'd really appreciate it!

34 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I plan on driving - we're coming from a few hours away.

Then you'll need to park on someone's lawn.  There is no parking at SJFC for fans.  Or just go to Pittsford-Mendon HS and take a bus for $1 each.

14 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think that is part of it.

But I think the other issues are: (1) we don’t have nearly as many TC Public practices as many other teams (10 Rochester Public ones compared to like 16+ for other teams); and (2) I haven’t been to the recent iteration of TC, but it seems like with all the fan experience stuff, the capacity seems much smaller.

I also wish they did what a lot of other teams do, which is have special practices with the extra bells and whistles just for Season ticket holders, and then let the rest of the masses go to the remainder of the practices. I think the bengals and chiefs both do this. 

Yes, the setup at SJF is much more rigid now.  There are VIP and corporate areas closer to the field, the regular fans are relegated to main stands on near side and smaller stands on other side.  The fence is set up pretty far away from the field - so it is not like the old days at Fredonia or even early days at SJF where the fence was close to the action and you could walk around along the fence and actually see stuff (one year early at SJF we walked over to where some RBs were running after practice and Willis McGahee came o er and signed my sons shirt bc we were right there - wouldn't be able to get a sniff of that today)

One of McDs first camps I was talking to a guy who worked there who was a friend of a friend and he said at that time McD really was much more interested in it being set up for players than for fans 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Then you'll need to park on someone's lawn.  There is no parking at SJFC for fans.  Or just go to Pittsford-Mendon HS and take a bus for $1 each.

Do they not run the shuttles anymore?

7 hours ago, DasNootz said:

As others have noted, you go to one of two local HSs and take a bus.  You would want to get there early to make sure you get a seat in the stands.  As someone else mentioned, young kids are probably going to be bored as hell after 15 mins so be ready for that.

After practice they have a group of players designated to sign at the main stadium - lines form for each.  It may be possible to catch a player walking from the bldgs out to the fields before the tunnel under the stands before practice, also on the way out once practice ends.  People also sometimes try to throw stuff down to players down in the tunnel from the stands- but there is the possibility you may never see that item again (and don't hit Josh!)  One year my son got beane to sign his hat because he went to uncw, beans alma mater, and yelled 'UNCW Seahawks' and beane looked up and gave him a thumbs up and my son tossed his hat which beane signed and threw back.

The truth is VIP holders have a much better chance of getting a casual encounter at the fence based on access/proximity - I think players also might be told to give some attention there.  I've been lucky and have had VIP a number of times and have gotten pics with a number of players at the fence (my avatar is my dad and son from vip section fence, Josh's rookie year)

For casual encounters at fence some players will only sign for kids exclusively.  Josh esp I've never seen sign for anyone except a kid (he even blew off my dad recently who was holding an 8x10 of my avatar at the fence - and in a wheelchair! - we thought it would be a slam dunk but Josh went right by him 😛

Edited by stevewin

40 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yes, the setup at SJF is much more rigid now.  There are VIP and corporate areas closer to the field, the regular fans are relegated to main stands on near side and smaller stands on other side.  The fence is set up pretty far away from the field - so it is not like the old days at Fredonia or even early days at SJF where the fence was close to the action and you could walk around along the fence and actually see stuff (one year early at SJF we walked over to where some RBs were running after practice and Willis McGahee came o er and signed my sons shirt bc we were right there - wouldn't be able to get a sniff of that today)

One of McDs first camps I was talking to a guy who worked there who was a friend of a friend and he said at that time McD really was much more interested in it being set up for players than for fans 

The idea of VIP and corporate getting priority over regular fans at training camp is absurd. I can’t even imagine the team making that much money off of it— it can’t be anywhere near the revenue of the luxury boxes at the games. 

24 minutes ago, stevewin said:

As others have noted, you go to one of two local HSs and take a bus.  You would want to get there early to make sure you get a seat in the stands.  As someone else mentioned, young kids are probably going to be bored as hell after 15 mins so be ready for that.

After practice they have a group of players designated to sign at the main stadium - lines form for each.  It may be possible to catch a player walking from the bldgs out to the fields before the tunnel under the stands before practice, also on the way out once practice ends.  People also sometimes try to throw stuff down to players down in the tunnel from the stands- but there is the possibility you may never see that item again (and don't hit Josh!)  One year my son got beane to sign his hat because he went to uncw, beans alma mater, and yelled 'UNCW Seahawks' and beane looked up and gave him a thumbs up and my son tossed his hat which beane signed and threw back.

The truth is VIP holders have a much better chance of getting a casual encounter at the fence based on proximity - I think players also might be told to give some attention there.  I've been lucky and have had VIP a number of times and have gotten pics with a number of players at the fence (my avatar is my dad and son from vip section fence Josh's rookie year)

For casual encounters at fence some players will only sign for kids exclusively.  Josh esp I've never seen sign for anyone except a kid (he even blew off my dad a couple years ago who was holding an 8x10 of my avatar - and in a wheelchair! - we thought it would be a slam dunk but Josh went right by him 😛

I

last year i also saw a signing area where the "kids zone" was...the same area you could buy merch.  it was strange though.  it was under a tent, and had a short line.  the line was right to the end, and my nephew went and stood there to see if he could get anyone to sign.  the told him it was full and he had to leave, so i'm not sure if it was first come first serve, or if was by invite.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The idea of VIP and corporate getting priority over regular fans at training camp is absurd. I can’t even imagine the team making that much money off of it— it can’t be anywhere near the revenue of the luxury boxes at the games. 

they get hooked up.  my brother is always there with m and t, and he had excellent pics right next to the field.  they also gave everyone a mini football signed by diggs.  the vip tents are great, but the corporate tents were a bit meh.  i was in one that had free food, but we could only get up to the endzone by the field, and it must have been 7-8 people deep.

3 hours ago, teef said:

they get hooked up.  my brother is always there with m and t, and he had excellent pics right next to the field.  they also gave everyone a mini football signed by diggs.  the vip tents are great, but the corporate tents were a bit meh.  i was in one that had free food, but we could only get up to the endzone by the field, and it must have been 7-8 people deep.

Yeah - one year we had that access and said screw it and went to the stands - then consider the regular fence is even behind that and gives an idea of what regular fan can see along the fence.  The tent closest to the stands is sometimes corporate - I've was in there once and McD and Lorax came for Q&A

For some years there was a VIP section in the far left stands (which sometimes included player's families - one year my son got Josh's family (and Britt :w00t:) to sign an 8x10 of the pic in my avatar) - and you could go to the VIP section down on the field in front of the stands which was good access.  Last year they did away with the VIP section in the stands and all the stands were general admission

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, Hebert19 said:

Hi everyone.  I'm not a season ticket holder as I only make it to a game or 2 a year so can't get on early pre-sale tomorrow.   If anyone gets extras I will buy off you for a premium.  Need to take my girls this year as we couldn't attend last year. 

My first training camp was at Sheraton Camelot Motor Inn in Blasdell in the early 1960's. They were there from 1963 to1967.

On 6/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, Billsflyer12 said:

Miss the days where we just took shuttle bus and walked in almost everyday.

I took vacation days and went to almost every training camp at Fisher with my kids, friends and grandchildren.

One year we took a group of kids from my wife's home daycare as a field trip. It was like a carnival for kids in the beginning. 

In the early days at Fisher,  I met many TBD "old timers" in person for the first time. 

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Do they not run the shuttles anymore?

They still run the shuttle it is 1 dollar.  Get to them 1 hrs early sometimes there is already a line to get on them.  If you have 2 adults going with kids in the car also park your car on 1 block from e Rochester high school in the neighborhood to the east of fisher south of e Rochester high school and walk or ride your bike back over. I really can't take my faculty staff I'd off my truck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.