Bills Training Camp tickets

Hebert19

I am a season ticket holder and was able to get a single date with 6 tickets.  A friend had requested them in advance.  I have no intention of going so I transferred them to him for he and his family immediately after getting them.  The link he received goes nowhere.  Just an error.  And on my end there is a message that there is a delay in the transfer specific to this event.  I still have the option to cancel the transfer since he has been unable so far to accept them.   

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

700?! oh wow— they must have grown. I probably had like 400 in my class. You go to HS in Rochester too? 

i had to look and it was 600, but that's still a huge class.  i went to mcquaid in the early/mid 90s.  

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Article linked on the home page says $160.

Shameful!

yeah that's gross.  i can't imagine anyone spending that on a practice ticket either.

• Agree 1

On 6/26/2023 at 3:57 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Ugh. Not even close to getting any.

I am looking for 5 to July 27. Will also pay money. Had to disappoint my kids last year by not going. Wanted to make the trip to Rochester (where I grew up) to show them around this year. 

You may want to go anyway.  I think there's places to get at least some of a view outside the pay area.  At least there used to be.  

You can go there when nothing's going on, park and take a look around for possible vantage points.  

Parking during practices is probably a pita.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MadPerry said:

I am a season ticket holder and was able to get a single date with 6 tickets.  A friend had requested them in advance.  I have no intention of going so I transferred them to him for he and his family immediately after getting them.  The link he received goes nowhere.  Just an error.  And on my end there is a message that there is a delay in the transfer specific to this event.  I still have the option to cancel the transfer since he has been unable so far to accept them.   

You can't access the tickets until right before training camp.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/free-buffalo-bills-training-camp-tickets-resold-online-sports-money/71-64a6b41d-9b09-4a7d-abc4-5e3f3cfda498

Edited by T&C

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

You may want to go anyway.  I think there's places to get at least some of a view outside the pay area.  At least there used to be.  

You can go there when nothing's going on, park and take a look around for possible vantage points.  

Parking during practices is probably a pita.  

thanks! I think i am going to try this. Maybe if I bum around too, I can stumble upon some tickets. 

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Maybe the actual tickets arent available until then, but transfers sound like they will be sorted out soon.  This email reply below from ticket office:

Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for your email.

Ticketmaster was intending to turn on the Transfer function in full later this week. I’d recommend cancelling the Transfer and trying again later on.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

thanks! I think i am going to try this. Maybe if I bum around too, I can stumble upon some tickets. 

FWIW I don't recall any vantage points outside the gates/fences at SJF to see the practice.  There may be some security 'holes' in the surrounding fence tho 😛 - although security may be beefed up now 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, stevewin said:

FWIW I don't recall any vantage points outside the gates/fences at SJF to see the practice.  There may be some security 'holes' in the surrounding fence tho 😛 - although security may be beefed up now 

i think you're correct on this.  i was trying to imagine any decent way you can see the practice field well without being inside the camp area.  we had tickets last year and could still barely see what was going on.  we were allowed to get up to the field, but it was 6-7 people deep.  the main stands were completely filled, so we watched, sitting on the lawn on the opposite side on the makeshift stands.  

3 hours ago, teef said:

i think you're correct on this.  i was trying to imagine any decent way you can see the practice field well without being inside the camp area.  we had tickets last year and could still barely see what was going on.  we were allowed to get up to the field, but it was 6-7 people deep.  the main stands were completely filled, so we watched, sitting on the lawn on the opposite side on the makeshift stands.  

Yeah - they've done due diligence to fence off the whole main area

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

You can always park on the 490 with a pair of binoculars.

It would be the first time you've done it I'm sure. 😆

Edited by The Wiz

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You can always park on the 490 with a pair of binoculars.

It would be the first time you've done it I'm sure. 😆

lol!  that or i'm going to drive down 490 at about 5 mph just to get a good look.

11 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Bills Mafia will donate hundreds of thousand of dollars to a cause one day and then turn around and charge 70-$80 for a training camp ticket 🤷‍♂️

I mean give them away if anything for the kids if your looking to unload them..it’s a practice. 

I get the spirit of what your saying. Unfortunately not everyone has a charitable heart and in the flip, not everyone is scalping free tickets. There's bad eggs in every group, as im

sure you're 100% aware go bills 

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

thanks. 

this is so frustrating. Most teams have their camps at sleepy small colleges (similar to fredonia), and there are no issues showing up And watching. I have been to camps like that for the Colts and Steelers. Not sure why this has to be such a production. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

thanks. 

this is so frustrating. Most teams have their camps at sleepy small colleges (similar to fredonia), and there are no issues showing up And watching. I have been to camps like that for the Colts and Steelers. Not sure why this has to be such a production. 

Because our fan base is 10x more glued in and rapid

Edited by Buffalo716

12 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Article linked on the home page says $160.

Shameful!

From that article...

"It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to resell or offer to resell any ticket or other evidence of the right of entry to any place of entertainment if such ticket was initially offered to the public at no charge and access to such tickets is not contingent upon providing any form of monetary consideration.  "An online resale marketplace shall be required to clearly and conspicuously disclose  the  established  price  charged by the operator of a place of entertainment that is printed or endorsed on the face of each ticket  in accordance with section 25.07 of this article prior to the user completing any transaction." "If you do purchase to an event, we always recommend using a credit card because, depending on your credit card company's policy, that's going to be the best chance at getting your money back if you do run into a scam," Schmieder says. 

So buy them on the secondary market, once the transfer is completed, call your cc company and tell them according to New York law this was a scam and you want your money back.  Maybe you'll get to keep the tickets, maybe not.  

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because our fan base is 10x more glued in and rapid

I think that is part of it.

But I think the other issues are: (1) we don’t have nearly as many TC Public practices as many other teams (10 Rochester Public ones compared to like 16+ for other teams); and (2) I haven’t been to the recent iteration of TC, but it seems like with all the fan experience stuff, the capacity seems much smaller.

I also wish they did what a lot of other teams do, which is have special practices with the extra bells and whistles just for Season ticket holders, and then let the rest of the masses go to the remainder of the practices. I think the bengals and chiefs both do this. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.