To all the Fire McDermott Posters, a follow up question..

ChicagoRic

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

Steps back? Learn on job?

Holy smokes people wake up.

Vikes fired Mike Zimmer who btw is twice the coach of McDermott, and had best record in league at one point with KIRK COUSINS!

My gosh Josh Allen is good for 10+ wins alone. Add in a brilliant offensive mind at the helm building AROUND JOSH and we could be KC 2.0.

Wake the heck up folks!

Yikes on using a team with -3 point differential, and first round loss to Daniel Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, McBean said:

This x1000

Cam and me will lead the charge to get McClap out of here folks.

Right now, brother Cam and me are the villains on this board.

We’ll be heroes and get the key to the city like TO once we get an offensive replacement HC in here to win multiple Lombardi’s with out star QB.

Take it to the bank.

Perhaps. Not trying to be a hero or a villain. 

Just a regular guy passionate about the Bills. Just expressing my feelings honestly perhaps not wisely. 

We seem to be on the same page with regards to McD.

All I want is that SB win. That's one common theme that's safe to say we all agree upon. 

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

You love Sean. We get it.

I don’t like the guy. Think he’s as “meh” as they come, and feel like any coach in the league could do what he’s done with Josh Allen at QB.

I’m right so far by saying he’s tapped out here and won’t lead us to the Lombardi. Does that change this year? Does ever do it here? My bet is no.

I criticize Sean plenty. I don’t need to diminish what he’s accomplished to be critical of him though.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

McDermott built this. He built the program. It’s his. 

For example let’s take Ken Dorsey. If he has 2-3 years of top 5 offenses but they fail in the playoffs I would say let’s move on. Dorsey didn’t build anything. He inherited a top 5 offense. See the difference?

I agree McDermott built the culture. Beane built a championship caliber roster. It’s McDermott’s job to deliver that. So far, he has failed at it. You don’t get an indefinite leash. There are LOTS of coaches who could have had the same results with the Bills talent. They win WITH him and not because of him. 

McDermott was the right guy to build the foundation. He may not be the right guy to take them to the next step. That’s where the, valid, Doug Collins comparisons come in.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

And another follow-up

Are you willing to take a few steps back while the new coaches learn on the job and the players learn the new systems?  

This isn't like the NBA.  At all.  

This is a thinking error. There's no certainty the team will take a step back if new coaches are hired. 

It can be argued that they may take a step forward just as easily. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Just a regular guy passionate about the Bills. Just expressing my feelings honestly perhaps not wisely. 

All I want is that SB win. That's one common theme that's safe to say we all agree upon. 

I want a Super Bowl also and I felt like the thing missing has been pass rushers that make plays in key moments. Not coaching. I know people always think I’m wrong when I say that but last year was our worst pass rushers in the playoffs and it showed. 

Give McDermott a full arsenal and we’ll see what happens. I was extremely disappointed Von Miller got hurt last year. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree McDermott built the culture. Beane built a championship caliber roster. It’s McDermott’s job to deliver that. So far, he has failed at it. You don’t get an indefinite leash. There are LOTS of coaches who could have had the same results with the Bills talent. They win WITH him and not because of him. 

McDermott was the right guy to build the foundation. He may not be the right guy to take them to the next step. That’s where the, valid, Doug Collins comparisons come in.

McDermott did a lot more than you think. Beane has talked about how McDermott slowly gave Beane the keys and trusted him. McDermott is the boss. Beane is his right hand man.

• Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Same here.

Haven’t missed watching a game in over 25+ years. Love all my fellow Bills fan, even tho we might disagree.

I’m just very vocal and passionate on here about wanting McDermott gone because I know how short our window is. NFL is all about the QB and we have, imo, the second best one in the league. This team and him are being held back by our defensive minded HC and I’ll go to my grave saying it until he brings us a Lombardi home.

I’ll never forgive Sean McDermott for 13 seconds. Ever. That shouldn’t have happened. That was a firable offense and it pisses me off more we didn’t promote Daboll. 

On 6/17/2023 at 9:29 PM, ChicagoRic said:

Who is your replacement?  Who will absolutely, positively, 100%, be that "better" choice you are clamoring for?

I keep on hearing "McDermott is the problem."

Who is the solution? Someone actually available to be hired. 

if you truly believe he is the problem, do you not risk HC remaining a problem for the opportunity to potentially solve it?

”this is never going to work but trying to fix it might not work” is a terrible reason to stay put.

again, that only if you believe he is the problem. 

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Same here.

Haven’t missed watching a game in over 25+ years. Love all my fellow Bills fan, even tho we might disagree.

I’m just very vocal and passionate on here about wanting McDermott gone because I know how short our window is. NFL is all about the QB and we have, imo, the second best one in the league. This team and him are being held back by our defensive minded HC and I’ll go to my grave saying it until he brings us a Lombardi home.

I’ll never forgive Sean McDermott for 13 seconds. Ever. That shouldn’t have happened. That was a firable offense and it pisses me off more we didn’t promote Daboll. 

Same. That was Moe, Larry, Curly stuff right there. Starting at their own 25 and they get into FG range. I wouldn't care if the Chiefs had 100 timeouts. It's still 13 seconds. You just don't lose in that situation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

tyrod got us to the playoffs, what if Josh is worse?!?

in hindsight obviously a funny take, but as a logical deduction, it’s similar. If you don’t think you have the guy to win the Super Bowl, you have to go find the guy.

You may get the wrong Josh but at least you are trying to find the right one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Really? Why him? I honestly can’t think of a single defensive player that stands out in the playoffs for the Bills.

Taron Johnson did have that 100-yard INT that sealed the win against the Ravens in the playoffs.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:59 PM, Behindenemylines said:

So if the season is a little rough-we sneak in as a wild card but we win the SB is McD still toast?

will the fire him now crowd still want him gone because we didn’t go 14-3 to win the SB? 

As in ALL the other Pro Sports, nobody gives a ***** whether somebody finishes first in the Regular Season. Ask the 2022 Boston Bruins!

NOBODY!

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'm not as sold on the bolded. I think he has built a championship contending roster, but I still think we lack really elite level talent compared to most Superbowl winners. We have lots and lots of good and very good. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, McBean said:

right so far by saying he’s tapped out here and won’t lead us to the Lombardi. Does that change this year? Does ever do it here? My bet is no.

Let the season play out, no sense in arguing this now.  At the end of the season McD's apologists can transfer their opinions to that Eating Crow thread.  

If not, then we will, and we'll be happy.  

The NY Post Diggs piece linked on the homepage tells us all we need to know.  Anyone thinking that this is going to be a drama-free season is going to be disappointed.  How McD & Beane avoid accountability for that remains to be seen.  

And BTW, they said that it was a personal issue and not football related.  It certainly not only was, but is a football issue and it wasn't personal.  So those were now exposed lies told to us, questioning what else they've lied to use about.  Looking Frasier & Daboll's way here.  

Edited by PBF81

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Let the season play out, no sense in arguing this now.  At the end of the season McD's apologists can transfer their opinions to that Eating Crow thread.  

If not, then we will, and we'll be happy.  

The NY Post Diggs piece linked on the homepage tells us all we need to know.  Anyone thinking that this is going to be a drama-free season is going to be disappointed.  How McD & Beane avoid accountability for that remains to be seen.  

And BTW, they said that it was a personal issue and not football related.  It certainly not only was, but is a football issue and it wasn't personal.  So those were now exposed lies told to us, questioning what else they've lied to use about.  Looking Frasier & Daboll's way here.  

I’m sorry, I don’t call for coaches that win their division and win playoff games every season to be fired.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That game was weird because it should’ve been like 31-3 Buffalo in the 2nd quarter.

I think outplayed also. Players didn’t play well.

Josh had 3 turnovers that led to 18 Dols points.  It wasn't a matter of being outcoached. 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.