Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Mango said:

You can't storm out of the office when things don't go the way you want. That is what happened vs CIN and this is a continuation of that. 

So he did quit on his team, he ran out of the stadium like a petulant child. Was convinced to briefly come back, and never returned again, only to troll the fan base and the franchise for the last 5 months. 

Sure he isn't Aaron Hernandez, but he has also proven to be a bad teammate here. It takes a certain amount of humility to right those kind of wrongs, and Diggs is hell bent on proving he is "alpha" rather than just being alpha. It will ultimately be his demise. 

Now...if Josh slept with his girl....I have a much different take. If my best friend did that I might burn it all down too.

Wouldn't be the first time a man thought with the "wrong head" in the moment, and if this is what happened, that's a huge violation of the bro code and I don't see a way back from it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, yall said:

It was known in local circles in Orchard Park long before it was ever discussed on this board.

It is pretty much accepted that Josh cheated on Brittany, there was a huge scene, the police were called. I didn't know that was even debatable at this point. 

The pregnancy thing seems to have some debate. Although, in the grand scheme of things I am not sure it matters. Ultimately Josh did his family and ex very very dirty, pregnancy or not. The Diggs ex-GF thing is brand new to me. I don't know what to think about it yet. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Pretty much.

I posted this yesterday, but this is what will happen: 

I’d be shocked if he is not at minicamp today.

Expect to begin hearing from media sources that this was all a big misunderstanding.

That is the PR team at PSE earning their money.

They will mobilize Sal Capaccio, Chris Brown, Steve Tasker, etc to begin “leaking” that it was not football related, and when asked, McBeane will say it’s in the past and they’re moving on and they will make no further comments.

On the flip side, Diggs agent will begin leaking to other reporters (Schaffer, Rappaport, etc) that Diggs was always willing to practice today but non-football matters kept him away, even though he REALLY wanted to be there.

And it’ll all get swept under the rug.

Speaking of things being swept under a rug..you provide a ton of content here and a very unique perspective. I feel that goes unappreciated. I'd like to do something nice for you, my friend. If you would DM me your address and tinfoil hat size I'd love to send you a new one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Wouldn't be the first time a man thought with the "wrong head" in the moment, and if this is what happened, that's a huge violation of the bro code and I don't see a way back from it.

This is maybe one of the only scenarios I see where I can excuse Diggs. That would suuuuck. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mango said:

This is maybe one of the only scenarios I see where I can excuse Diggs. That would suuuuck. 

It also wouldn't be the first time a star player in Buffalo allegedly had an issue with someone else on the team sleeping with his girl...

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Diggs hasn't posted on Twitter since June 6. Unless he deleted some thing. 

Haven't been able to scroll back far enough to find what it is people think he said that's causing the doom and gloom? Song lyrics in an Instagram Reel?

It was on an Instagram story, not twitter

https://www.instagram.com/stories/stefondiggs/3124590725715803944/?hl=en

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

and they say women get too emotional...😀

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Diggs basically copied and pasted words said by someone else from their tweet.

5 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

1) Big distraction to start the season

2) Knowingly making the focus about him instead of the team

3) Not providing leadership to the young guys

4) Not being clear as to what his grievance is

Bad teammate territory here. Unless Dorsey slept with Mrs Diggs

Pretty sure it's clear what his grievance is internally, we simply don't know what it is.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is pretty much accepted that Josh cheated on Brittany, there was a huge scene, the police were called. I didn't know that was even debatable at this point. 

The pregnancy thing seems to have some debate. Although, in the grand scheme of things I am not sure it matters. Ultimately Josh did his family and ex very very dirty, pregnancy or not. The Diggs ex-GF thing is brand new to me. I don't know what to think about it yet. 

Pretty much accepted based on rumors? They had a happy photo on Instagram after this event supposedly happened. 

And if it is true, how did Josh do his family dirty? His gf is not his family. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I tell ya, situations like this bring out the worst in people…including posters on this forum.

I’m not a rumor monger but my gut instinct is that this is a Josh/Diggs personal issue, with a smidge of playoff frustration added in.  It’s not contractual, and it’s not about Dorsey.  I have heard from two separate sources on different ends of the country that there was a domestic call at Josh’s place the night before the Cinci game that has to do with Josh knocking up a bartender who may or may not have been Stef’s ex.  The domestic call was because Josh’s gf found out about it and confronted him.  The Diggs blow up at the end of the game was, in effect, “was it worth it?”

It will get worked out, even if it means Josh and Stef won’t be on the cover of SI Kids again.

Bros before Hos.

That is one hell of an allegation and a new one on me. Is it possible for you to post a link where you learned this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs basically copied and pated words said by someone else

Which he does all the time on his social.  Like I said last night, the only that's clear about Diggs social is that nothing is clear about Diggs social 🤣 :beer: 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It also wouldn't be the first time a star player in Buffalo allegedly had an issue with someone else on the team sleeping with his girl...

I wonder if Poyer is triggered at the moment? 

I had an ex that met somebody while we were together. Left me for him out of the blue. It sucked. But ultimately I was living at the Olympic Training Center, she was dating me, while I was in a committed relationship with my sport. Over time I get why she left. I was a bad partner. People aren't always the best versions of themselves. 

But my GF slept with Antonio Brown? Please....you aren't a good person who navigated a situation poorly. You are flat out a bad person. Life is complicated. Sleeping with Antonio Brown isn't. Ha!

11 hours ago, Mango said:

I actually thought it did. The full take was that Josh made a pattern of changing his behavior not to upset Diggs.

I thought Josh’s presser was full on walking on egg shells and making sure Stef was happy. Which is where the Diggs/Allen diva rumor started. 

I agree that Josh's presser was Chock Full of Conciliation.

But upthread, we had guys saying that the issue was Josh (and the Bills) were Done with walking on egg shells for Diggs and putting up with Diva behavior, and Diggs needed a minute to adjust.

The two aren't compatible.  If you're Done with the Diva STuff, you don't spend 11 minutes in a presser trying to placate and conciliate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.