What NBA jerseys did or do you own?

Another Fan

I was going to write what NBA jerseys did you used to own but some posters here might still own some.

When I was a kid especially in middle school (mid 90s)  NBA Champion replica jerseys were like the in clothing item for boys.  Kind of ironic as a Knicks fan in the 90s when I think back to the players jerseys I had:

Bobby Hurley Kings #7 jersey- NJ kid, I liked his game, I didnt dislike Duke like I do now 

Michael Jordan- the #45 jersey.  I was told one day the year he had that odd number one day owning that jersey would be like worth mega $$$

Nick Van Exel Lakers jersey- I went through a period very fascinated by the Showtime Lakers and the Great Western Forum.  Owning that jersey seemed at the time the next best thing.  Plus he was quick.  Nick the quick.  

Thats the only people I can remember.  Funny though I never had one for anyone on the Knicks 

• Like (+1) 1

I got an white, black and orange Mitchell & Ness Buffalo Braves, Bob McAdoo jersey as a gift, years ago. The only other I ever owned was Kevin McHale. I never wear any jerseys any more, but basketball jerseys, with no sleeves, were never really my style..

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't wear another man's jersey.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just don't. 

😏

As an adult man I don’t either.

I outgrew all the basketball jerseys I had by the time I reached high school.  I still kept them around a few years afterwards as a collector item.  But it just all became a distant memory now only reopened in my now looking for nostalgia 😊

12 hours ago, Buftex said:

I got an white, black and orange Mitchell & Ness Buffalo Braves, Bob McAdoo jersey as a gift, years ago. The only other I ever owned was Kevin McHale. I never wear any jerseys any more, but basketball jerseys, with no sleeves, were never really my style..

Of course, nothing tackier than wearing a T-shirt under the jersey, I think Patrick Ewing started it all at Georgetown. :thumbdown:

16 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I had an MJ and Scottie jersey...but I always wanted a Rodman back then 

I had all three lol, had a pistons grant hill too(classic pistons not the new stuff they came out with). Also had a sonics shawn kemp

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

But you wear other women's underwear. :P

I’m a tad concerned about how you came to know that, but I’ll leave that one unasked.   🤷‍♂️

I’m not a jersey guy in football, and I’m not an NBA guy at all. I loved it back when we had the Braves in town, but now I won’t even watch the Finals. We used to take the kids to NBA games when we were traveling as a bribe to be good. One Tuesday night in Charlotte my AAU PG of a son turns to me and says “They’re not even trying!” Very true, and I’m glad he noticed. I love college hoops though! They give everything they’ve got every game. 

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Ah this reminded me, the only one I still wear from time to time is an all black 15 cuse jersey (melo's #)

As you know I’m an SU guy

thats 🔥 🔥 

I need a 15 SU… I’ll take white with orange accents 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

thats 🔥 🔥 

I liked it bc whenever I wore it to Cuse games, no one else had it.

Personally I would love an orange with white Gmac jersey (he is one of my all time faves)

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I liked it bc whenever I wore it to Cuse games, no one else had it.

Personally I would love an orange with white Gmac jersey (he is one of my all time faves)

GMAC is a legend 

he’s 100% the SU goat of the 21st century with his 4 years 

I love gmac

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I was going to write what NBA jerseys did you used to own but some posters here might still own some.

When I was a kid especially in middle school (mid 90s)  NBA Champion replica jerseys were like the in clothing item for boys.  Kind of ironic as a Knicks fan in the 90s when I think back to the players jerseys I had:

Bobby Hurley Kings #7 jersey- NJ kid, I liked his game, I didnt dislike Duke like I do now 

Michael Jordan- the #45 jersey.  I was told one day the year he had that odd number one day owning that jersey would be like worth mega $$$

Nick Van Exel Lakers jersey- I went through a period very fascinated by the Showtime Lakers and the Great Western Forum.  Owning that jersey seemed at the time the next best thing.  Plus he was quick.  Nick the quick.  

Thats the only people I can remember.  Funny though I never had one for anyone on the Knicks 

Nick van exel lakers jersey!! Excellent taste. I used to love him too. My favorite player as a kid was always Magic Johnson. 

but the only NBA jersey I ever owned was a Carmelo powder blue nuggets jersey. 

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Ah this reminded me, the only one I still wear from time to time is an all black 15 cuse jersey (melo's #)

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

thats 🔥 🔥 

I have an orange melo jersey t-shirt I still hoop in. I channel my Melo out there, with my high-volume mid-range game! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Nick van exel lakers jersey!! Excellent taste. I used to love him too. My favorite player as a kid was always Magic Johnson. 

but the only NBA jersey I ever owned was a Carmelo powder blue nuggets jersey. 

I have an orange melo jersey t-shirt I still hoop in. I channel my Melo out there, with my high-volume mid-range game! 

My pick up basketball attire is official SU warmup top

official SU shorts with my Syracuse orange Nikes

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.