Matt Araiza

SCBills

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which is the biggest problem.  It will never stop. Ever.  Billions of people.  Thousands  of journalists and wannabe’s.  

Regarding this case, I didn’t pay attention to what the journalists were saying.  If you think they (journalists and wannabe’s) should suffer reputational consequences, then you should get the ball rolling. 

I couldn’t care less tbh.  I’ve (sadly)  accepted that this is now the world that we know live and things will likely only get worse in many aspects of life that are heavily influenced by social media.  I’m not a world changer. I’m a my life protector.  

the bolded line is exactly where i'm evolving too.  at this point i can rant and complain the way things are, but on a personal level i'm not going to change anything.  now i just protect the people i need to look out for, and hope for the best.

• Agree 1

I predicted Araiza would be kicking within a year for some team like the Raiders, Cards, etc..  We shall see. 

I mean the Bills were under too much heat in the moment, they had to release the guy.  I understand it...but even at the time the case against him and the timing of it all seemed shady.

1 minute ago, teef said:

the bolded line is exactly where i'm evolving too.  at this point i can rant and complain the way things are, but on a personal level i'm not going to change anything.  now i just protect the people i need to look out for, and hope for the best.

Yup.  Protect your bubble.  That’s all we have atm.  

Maybe if a flock of the biggest social media influencers got together and started a movement, it could have an impact and start the ball rolling.  It’s crazy how many people live 90% of their awake lives on social media.  That’s where the change needs to begin imo

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It may not be unreasonable to ask those billions of people to stop being villains….. but it is unreasonable to think that those billions of people are going to change.  

Cancel culture sucks- but how do we fox this?

Question, if a female in your family said she was raped would you say ok, let’s see the actual proof? Let’s get his side of story?

The reason people react the way they do to sexual assault is because so many people have been assaulted. Many times charges are never filed or dismissed.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m just saying, we’re taught to believe the accuser.

Idk-  innocent until proven guilty rings louder than anything in my mind. 

but I’m 48.  Maybe the younger generation was taught something different. Idk

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My opinion was wrong. Public opinion is often wrong. That’s why it should be illegal to release accused names before charges are filed.

Wow. Credit given

"My opinion was wrong" is probably the least used phrase on the internet. I'm surprised your keyboard wasn't confused, I figured it would autocorrect to something like "you're an idiot", but alas...

Personally I think we rush to judgement way too fast, and ruining this kids arc was just another in a long line of pathetic internet personalities legitimately decimating real world people. I'm not labeling you as that, but it's really easy to go along with the crowd, and that's a big reason why this board is my only "social media".

I'm close to the camp of we should be the team to resign him and do our part to undo this single injustice. That's all we can do. One post at a time, one restoration of justice at a time, and move the needle ever so slightly back to sanity and understanding. And ffs the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Somehow the burden of proof has to shift back to prosecution, instead of the accused. So many frivolous cases (from Gwyneth paltrow to Ed Sheeran, to Araiza all civil cases) we need to learn our lesson as a society and stop trying to ruin people for sport.

That all said I don't neccesarily blame beane and co for cutting ties. But the fact that Araiza one day was "punt god" and next day was "a rapist" with no due process is terrifying. Anyone could be next.

Interesting that the posters who got this wrong can't take accountability and instead are making excuses as to why they thought what they thought and blaming others.  "If they didn't release the names I would have thought differently.  It's their fault, not mine for thinking the way I did".  Another poster saying something about blaming other people's trauma (not even people in this case) and that's what led him to his conclusion.  Give me a friggin' break.  Own your mistakes and use this as a personal learning experience.  Take some accountability instead of doubling down.  Those posters are only making themselves look idiotic.  Pathetic.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Interesting that the posters who got this wrong can't take accountability and instead are making excuses as to why they thought what they thought and blaming others.  "If they didn't release the names I would have thought differently.  It's their fault, not mine for thinking the way I did".  Another poster saying something about blaming other people's trauma (not even people in this case) and that's what led him to his conclusion.  Give me a friggin' break.  Own your mistakes and use this as a personal learning experience.  Take some accountability instead of doubling down.  Those posters are only making themselves look idiotic.  Pathetic.

Opinions aren’t mistakes. They are opinions for a reason.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Opinions aren’t mistakes. They are opinions for a reason.

Until your opinion is factually proven wrong and yet such a person still argues that the facts are wrong.  That's essentially gaslighting.  

No one in this matter did anything wrong except the lying girl who might have ruined the man's life and career. 

I hope he sues HER for damages. 

When the Bills cut Araiza, they didn't trash him or say they believed he was guilty.  It's possible Araiza would accept the situation and return to the Bills, if they want him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.