Giants GM Joe Schoen on high draft grades: 'You don't win games in April'

Punching Bag

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-gm-joe-schoen-on-high-draft-grades-you-don-t-win-games-in-april

Draft grades clutter the internet in the aftermath of each year's selection process.

Some clubs get high marks for the draft hauls. Some low. The actual reality of how each team did won't be known for years.

The Giants were surprise last year to make playoffs but they did have a easy schedule,  

This year it will be easier for them to fill holes since there roster was weak and they have some good leaders there.

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-gm-joe-schoen-on-high-draft-grades-you-don-t-win-games-in-april

The Giants were surprise last year to make playoffs but they did have a easy schedule,  

This year it will be easier for them to fill holes since there roster was weak and they have some good leaders there.

They definitely added some weapons to a pretty mediocre offense - Hodgins, Campbell, Robinson, Shepard, Slayton, Hyatt + Waller and Barkley. 

I see them winning like 7 games next year though.  1-4-1 in their own division last year (and they don't seem to be head and shoulders above even a single team), and they play the AFC east and NFC west.  Defense isn't a good enough unit imo.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Schoen is right, but this is hardly news.  

I don't pay much attention to draft grades.  There's no such thing as a "sure thing" in the NFL draft.   To me, each guy is a mathematical possibility.   The chances of a 1st rounder making an impact on the team is greater than a 7th rounder but you never really know until years go by.  

I just hope for the best and cheer our guys on.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Heard from Goodell's office:

"Hey!  Someone go read the 'you don't win games in April thread'!  I have a money making idea!"  And fix me a drink.

FIFY

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They definitely added some weapons to a pretty mediocre offense - Hodgins, Campbell, Robinson, Shepard, Slayton, Hyatt + Waller and Barkley. 

I see them winning like 7 games next year though.  1-4-1 in their own division last year (and they don't seem to be head and shoulders above even a single team), and they play the AFC east and NFC west.  Defense isn't a good enough unit imo.  

Mediocre? Did you say mediocre??? I’ll have you know sir that the Giants have Isaiah Hodgins on their team! I have read on here that he is an all world receiver and would have helped the Bills win not only the Super Bowl, but also the Stanley cup and the World Series if he was still here!! I mean sure he only had like 400 yards receiving, but those were a very impressive 400 yards!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.