Your OL & DL - Outlook - Grades - Recommendations

Warriorspikes51

This is simply an opinion. Nothing more.
How do you see the OL & DL.

Your Recommendations 

1 - Poor

2- Below Avg

3- Average

4- Above Avg

5- Good

6- Very Good

7- All Pro

LT - Dawkins(5)  Doyle(2)  Quess(2)

LG - McGovern(4)  Boettger(3)  Broeker(2)

C - Morse(5)  Bates(4) Mancz(2)

RG - O’Cyrus(5)  Edwards(3)

RT - Brown(2) Gouraige(2) Jarvis(2)

- The OL has been upgraded from 2022. There is decent depth. Will be plenty of competion at G and RT

- I’d like a vet RT to compete. DJ Fluker would be fun. More likely Brandon Shell or Isaiah Wynn

- UDFA Gouraige from Florida who played LT & LG may push for a roster spot. It seems logical to try him at RT next to his buddy Torrence and see if there’s instant chemistry. If that experiment works, the right side is anchored for a long time.

- I like Spencer Brown, but he can’t stay on the field for training camp or during the season. He has been a liability on the field too often. If he stays healthy, perhaps he grows quickly.

EDGE - *Miller(7) Lawson(4) Epenesa(3)

DT - Oliver(4) Settle(3) Bryant (3)

DT - Jones(6) Phillips(4) Dale(2)

EDGE - Rousseau(5) Basham(2) Kingsley(2)

- This is perhaps generous to Von. His previous season after a torn acl, he was All Pro. 

- Shaq is a solid rotational piece. Good run defender and is capable of 6-8 sacks with more snaps

- Epenesa is a ?  He somehow had 6.5 sacks, but seemed invisible most of the year?

- Rousseau has a chance to become an elite Edge player. He is already very good against the run. With his 8 sacks last year, his target should be 12 this season

- I expect vet DE & DT’s to be signed in the near future.

- Ideally we’d sign 2 DE’s and look to trade Basham or AJ.  

- I want Melvin Ingram + Ngakoue, Floyd, Quinn or Houston

- DaQuan Jones should be extended. He’s earned it and frees up some cap space.

-4 year starter at Alabama DJ Dale could really push for a roster spot. If he looks strong in camp, Oliver should be on the trade block (Beane likely views it much differently)

Edited by Warriorspikes51

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Your Recommendations 

1 - Poor

2- Below Avg

3- Average

4- Above Avg

5- Good

6- Very Good

7- All Pro

C - Morse(5)  Bates(4)

- The OL has been upgraded from 2022. There is decent depth. Will be plenty of competion at G and RT

- I’d like a vet RT to compete.

- UDFA Gouraige from Florida who played LT & LG may push for a roster spot. It seems logical to try him at RT next to his buddy Torrence and see if there’s instant chemistry. If that experiment works, the right side is anchored for a long time.

- I like Spencer Brown, but he can’t stay on the field for training camp or during the season. He has been a liability on the field too often. If he stays healthy, perhaps he grows quickly.

DT - Oliver(4) Settle(3)

DT - Jones(6) Phillips(4) Dale(3)

- This is perhaps generous to Von. His previous season after a torn acl, he was All Pro. 

- Shaq is a solid rotational piece. Good run defender and is capable of 6-8 sacks with more snaps

- Epenesa is a ?  He somehow had 6.5 sacks, but seemed invisible most of the year?

- Rousseau has a chance to become an elite Edge player. He is already very good against the run. With his 8 sacks last year, his target should be 12 this season

-4 year starter at Alabama DJ Dale could really push for a roster spot. If he looks strong in camp, Oliver should be on the trade block (Beane likely views it much differently)

Mancz at center?

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t have a dispute on most other than you’re a little harsh on Spenser Brown.

So many are not taking into acct he had a promising rookie year, but he injured both his neck and back all off season, having him miss all OTA’s, Minicamps, training camp, all preseason games, and we don’t know how nagging it was as an injury throughout the season.

Now, hes had a complete off season to finish his rehab, be at all voluntary and mandatory camps.  Year 1 to 2 is critical for a RT to develop their skills.  He won in his rookie season with raw power as he’s one of the strongest, most powerful men on the Bills.

I think there is a somewhat of an overreaction on TBD.  Now, if he has another tough year, I’ll go along with the criticisms.  I’m just open to seeing him improve this season and as always, this isn’t Madden.  We only have so many budgetary resources at different positions.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t have a dispute on most other than you’re a little harsh on Spenser Brown.

So many are not taking into acct he had a promising rookie year, but he injured both his neck and back all off season, having him miss all OTA’s, Minicamps, training camp, all preseason games, and we don’t know how nagging it was as an injury throughout the season.

Now, hes had a complete off season to finish his rehab, be at all voluntary and mandatory camps.  Year 1 to 2 is critical for a RT to develop their skills.  He won in his rookie season with raw power as he’s one of the strongest, most powerful men on the Bills.

I think there is a somewhat of an overreaction on TBD.  Now, if he has another tough year, I’ll go along with the criticisms.  I’m just open to seeing him improve this season and as always, this isn’t Madden.  We only have so many budgetary resources at different positions.

good points, if he wasn’t injured so often then he’s at least average. Hopefully he can stay healthy!

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

good points, if he wasn’t injured so often then he’s at least average. Hopefully he can stay healthy!

I don’t know brother.  I don’t think he was injury ridden in college, and he wasn’t injured but once, but it was significant.  The neck and back is a killer for O Linemen.

My point wasn’t he was injury ridden.  It was give a guy a break who was very promising as a rookie.  I’m sure you guys saw all the video of him post draft throwing around all that iron.  He probably needed this off season to learn how to be a good Tackle.

There are lots of O Linemen guru coaches out there. That he can invest in all off season.  Paul Alexander does stuff at his place where he brings in young linemen.  He the special guest on MTC each week who was a line coach in the NFL for 35 years.  He runs line camps all off season.

That’s just one example.  Now again to clarify, if he is injured all year this year and new injuries, then I’ll jump on the oft injured tag.  

That’s my pov.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Your Recommendations 

1 - Poor

2- Below Avg

3- Average

4- Above Avg

5- Good

6- Very Good

7- All Pro

C - Morse(5)  Bates(4) Mancz(2)

- I’d like a vet RT to compete. DJ Fluker would be fun. More likely Brandon Shell or Isaiah Wynn

DT - Oliver(4) Settle(3) Bryant (3)

DT - Jones(6) Phillips(4) Dale(2)

Eli Ankou?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MJS said:

I'd put Oliver at a 5. I get he isn't elite like all of us hoped, but he is a good player.

I think he's pretty good. He needs a big guy next to him to get the best out of his abilities. Folks are talking about extending Jones. 

I think they see how this year goes, but there's a better chance they extend Oliver if he has a strong start to the season.

They still need to bring in a large DT and I expect they draft one pretty early next year.

Edited by Dr. Who

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

yep.  S Brown will be healthy and your RT this year.   Get used to it.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.