RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can we put Dawand Jones next to him please

Are you referring to Dontwanna Jones.  Dude took week off at SR Bowl and was voted OL most likely to bust by team scouts.  Mike Williams part deux. 

https://atozsports.com/.amp/cincinnati/bengals-draft-rumor-mill-isnt-too-kind-to-dawand-jones/

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This guy, a big slot in Kincaid, and Damien Harris… adds a different dimension to the offense that it was lacking.  More physicality was definitely needed on the offense.  

In regards to the defense, it looks like they’re banking on Tre returning to form, the return of Hyde, Elam making a leap, Rapp adding some physicality to the back 7, and replacing Edmunds by committee.  I could see Oliver stepping it up in a contract year, and continued improvement from Rousseau.  Jones, Phillips and Shaq provide steady play and hopefully Epenesa and Basham show some marginal improvement and Von rounds into form by end of season. 

Kincaid/Torrence feels very much like a reaction to that loss to Cincinnati.   Anyone who was there not only saw them lose the LOS against a team that isn't great at the LOS.......but also the reality that the receiving corps was ill-equipped for the conditions.   The Bills not only play in a windy stadium but they play on a crowned field that makes it more difficult to be deadly accurate outside the hashes.   You want to be able to throw inside them when the weather gets bad and/or you want some options outside who have a large catch radius as Cinci had with Tee Higgins.

• Like (+1) 7

14 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Are you referring to Dontwanna Jones.  Dude took week off at SR Bowl and was voted OL most likely to bust by team scouts.  Mike Williams part deux. 

https://atozsports.com/.amp/cincinnati/bengals-draft-rumor-mill-isnt-too-kind-to-dawand-jones/

Do you think worth the risk 5th round or later?

Osiris is the Egyptian Lord of the Underworld and Judge of the Dead, brother-husband to Isis, and one of the most important gods of ancient Egypt. The name `Osiris' is the Latinized form of the Egyptian Usir which is interpreted as 'powerful' or 'mighty'. He is the first-born of the gods Geb (earth) and Nut (sky) shortly after the creation of the world, was murdered by his younger brother Set, and brought back to life by his sister-wife Isis.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

He is allegedly off a lot of teams' boards because of character issues and he is a sloppy big guy. I would take a chance on him with the sixth round pick.

I said the same thing and got eye rolls and such lol as if it were just my opinion. You just can't say anything "negative" about anyone fans like. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I said the same thing and got eye rolls and such lol as if it were just my opinion. You just can't say anything "negative" about anyone fans like. 

True, human nature is annoying. And folks are defensive about players they like. 

31 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

When he gets his hands on you rep is over. Not the best fit scheme wise but a huge upgrade to the OG position nevertheless.

The scheme , much like defense needs some tweaks.

Lets us pray Kromer is already helping Dorsey in this matter.

BTW

LOVE THIS PICK

Game changer as far as upgrading the Offense. Hope this also affects whom he plays next to.

Can we assume Morse and Dawkins?

That would be a hell of a strong side to run on 

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

The scheme , much like defense needs some tweaks.

Lets us pray Kromer is already helping Dorsey in this matter.

BTW

LOVE THIS PICK

Game changer as far as upgrading the Offense. Hope this also affects whom he plays next to.

Can we assume Morse and Dawkins?

That would be a hell of a strong side to run on 

Yeah re scheme I feel that his alleged lack of mobility has been exaggerated a bit. There are examples of him showing sufficient quickness pulling and even to the second level and very good field awareness with the Gators. He will never be Jerry Kramer and it's also fair to wonder how he will fare in pass pro against some of the great speed rushing DEs and 3 techs he will now be facing but I too will be interested to see what Kromer is able to do with him. All rooks face à learning curve. As a prospect the guy was a steal where we got him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Lol what.. Epenesa was like 6’6” 280 coming out of college.  There def was talk of him being more of a 34 end like they said. The Bills made him lose weight and completely change his body. 

Looking at a bunch of 34 DEs over the years and there’s a whole lot that are 6’5” 285 (the first 4 that came up in search were all smaller than your 6’5” 300 lb prototype) so idk where you’re getting that’s too small because that is incorrect. 

Expensea was 6’5 275 at the combine and the bills didn’t like his body… If he was Myles Garrett cut they wouldn’t of changed his body type

I’m saying he’s not the prototype And would not be a great five technique…can he play it sure… do I think he’d be good? No… The bills didn’t like his body composition at 275 so they trimmed him down… I doubt he would have been more productive at 290

Of course there are 3-4 ends who are under 300 pounds ….

100% the prototype 34 end is Muhammad Wilkerson who is 6’5 315… JJ watt 6’5 295… Calais cambell 6’8 300… deforest Buckner 6’8 295…Henry Anderson 6’6 300… Richard Seymour 6’6 315… Those are true five techs … And I didn’t mean to call JJ Watt a small 34 end… He’s the low end of a prototype at 295

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-nfls-prototypical-defensive-linemen-for-each-dl-technique

I could care less about PFF but they know what the prototype is… and so do coaches

I would never look for a 6 foot five 270 pound five technique If I’m building a 34 defense. 

I’d look for Richard Seymour

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.