Day 2 Bills Draft Targets ?

Warriorspikes51

Like I said above, I want OL, I hope/think Beane wants the same, and there are clear candidates for round 2 - Schmitz, Avila, Tippmann, Bergeron, Mauch.

Question for those of you who follow college and actually know something about players :) - are there any OL who you'd be happy with in the 3rd in case we miss out / go another direction in the 2nd?

When looking at the consensus board there are Wypler, Duncan, Freelend, Zavala and Steen in the general area of our pick.

Who would you be happy with?

5 hours ago, mrags said:

How about we trade Knox and Oliver for DHop and #33. 

then draft Washington at 33 and Avila at 59. Then in the 3rd get the best DT that’s there. Benton, Ika, Coburn 

one can dream can’t he 

In all seriousness, I’d say Avila, Bergeron, Schmitz, Mauch, Jones, O’Torrence, Tillman

Knox isnt going anywhere; Kincaid isn't replacing him,more like he will be a slot receiver and allow the Bills to run a 12.

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Like I said above, I want OL, I hope/think Beane wants the same, and there are clear candidates for round 2 - Schmitz, Avila, Tippmann, Bergeron, Mauch.

Question for those of you who follow college and actually know something about players :) - are there any OL who you'd be happy with in the 3rd in case we miss out / go another direction in the 2nd?

When looking at the consensus board there are Wypler, Duncan, Freelend, Zavala and Steen in the general area of our pick.

Who would you be happy with?

My guy is Steen. Honestly love his play. He’s thick, strong athletic. He played some left tackle and right. He can play guard. Just a really versatile piece and he’s just really strong. I think he is closer to the Mauch/Bergeron tier of guys. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My top hopefuls.... in no particular order.

DB Branch

OT:  Harrison, Jones, Bergeron

OG: Torrence, Avila

WR:  Hyatt

LB:  Simpson

OC:  Schmitz, Wyper, Tippman

*If CB Porter or Smith slip all the way down.....  I'm "considering"...  Questions remain if White will ever be back to himself, and Elam is still developing as a ?  Can't have too many CB (but those two are the only I'd consider)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Yantha said:

My top hopefuls.... in no particular order.

DB Branch

OT:  Harrison, Jones, Bergeron

OG: Torrence, Avila

WR:  Hyatt

LB:  Simpson

OC:  Schmitz, Wyper, Tippman

*If CB Porter or Smith slip all the way down.....  I'm "considering"...  Questions remain if White will ever be back to himself, and Elam is still developing as a ?  Can't have too many CB (but those two are the only I'd consider)

Unfortunately, most of that list will be gone with 27 selections before Bills’ pick.  Hopefully, someone on the OL or Sanders is left.  You can never have enough good corners in today’s NFL and there might be a few good ones left. By late round 2 in this draft, can’t be picky about position, get a good player.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Only 4 picks right now left.  I know they thought the cowboys were taking Kincaid but were they?  A fourth round pick is valuable.  I would be curious to see how the bills had guys graded to justify giving up the fourth but we will never see that.  They need to get a lb today.  

7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Only 4 picks right now left.  I know they thought the cowboys were taking Kincaid but were they?  A fourth round pick is valuable.  I would be curious to see how the bills had guys graded to justify giving up the fourth but we will never see that.  They need to get a lb today.  

Yes, Cowboys were pissed in the War room and Kincaid had the Cowboys on his initial stack of 4. Beane sniped him from the Cowboys 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes, Cowboys were pissed in the War room and Kincaid had the Cowboys on his initial stack of 4. Beane sniped him from the Cowboys 

What is a “stack of 4”?  I am on vacation and did not watch.  Is there video of the pissed off cowboys room?

Edited by Matt_In_NH

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My biggest want is Cody Mauch, but I don’t think there is any chance we get him without a sizeable trade up as I expect him to go early in the 2nd.  But you never know, draft has been unpredictable.

Either Simpson or Sanders would be a nice get, or maybe Downs at WR too.  

Branch or Porter Jr also would be sweet, but both should go early in the 2nd.

He reminds me way too much of the last Cody. Leaden footed tackle who you presume "could at least slide inside to guard" if he can't handle the edge. I dunno. If I was a power run team I'd be interested. As a pass first offense that wants to zone block? Not for me.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.