The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

Here is Diggs stats for 4 years in Buffalo with Allen: Averaged 111 catches and 1343 yards per year. 
Here is Diggs stats in 5 years with Vikings: Averaged 73 catches and 924 yards per year. 

Allen will be fine as he has shown that he can elevate wrs like he did with Beasley and Brown. Diggs is a very good wr but he was the clear #1 here and fed the rock a ton. We will add wr from draft and spread ball around without having to worry about force feeding to one player. It was fun while it lasted but if Diggs wanted to move on, then so be it. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/12/2024 at 2:53 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Diggs' numbers have been among the best in the league and the Bills have been in heavy contention every year. Yes, they haven't won the Super Bowl yet, but I don't see how "completely wasted" makes any sense at all.

Talking about Diggs like he was Chad Johnson playing with a zero-knee'd Carson Palmer and Mike Brown as the owner. LOL. 

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, racketmaster said:

Here is Diggs stats for 4 years in Buffalo with Allen: Averaged 111 catches and 1343 yards per year. 
Here is Diggs stats in 5 years with Vikings: Averaged 73 catches and 924 yards per year. 

We clearly need to trade for Justin Jefferson.  I've done the maths and they tell me he'd routinely post 2000 yards with Josh Allen.

On 4/5/2024 at 12:22 PM, hondo in seattle said:

I was beat up for this post and ended up regretting it.

Yet things are now coming out.  For example, Tim Graham's story about the end of the Jets game.  Josh is sitting in the locker room feeling dejected.  Dion Dawkins, being the awesome dude that he is, tells Josh, "17 for life.  I mean that."  Seveal other players come by to console Josh.  But Diggs says something that Graham can't hear but apparently it's not something positive.  Allen lashed out, "It's one f***ing game!"  

Kyle Brandt, who may or may not have inside information, recently said Diggs's relationships with the Bills and Allen were "mercurial at best."

You should be ashamed of yourself

Season 9 No GIF by NBC

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

So long as we get to the playoffs we haven't lost anything (other than the money) because Diggs was always crap in the playoffs anyway

It is very exciting that the coaching staff has solidified another scapegoat for their own playoff failures. Brilliant execution on this task. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Yet things are now coming out.  For example, Tim Graham's story about the end of the Jets game.  Josh is sitting in the locker room feeling dejected.  Dion Dawkins, being the awesome dude that he is, tells Josh, "17 for life.  I mean that."  Seveal other players come by to console Josh.  But Diggs says something that Graham can't hear but apparently it's not something positive.  Allen lashed out, "It's one f***ing game!"  

Kyle Brandt, who may or may not have inside information, recently said Diggs's relationships with the Bills and Allen were "mercurial at best."

So all those "click-bait" journalist were right after all.  Its hard to believe a few photos of Allen and Diggs giving each other pats in the back would be enough for people to believe that there weren't major issues in that relationship. I am just surprised that Diggs was professional enough not to go public during season. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Chaos said:

It is very exciting that the coaching staff has solidified another scapegoat for their own playoff failures. Brilliant execution on this task. 

It doesn’t seem like that’s the real impetus for Diggs being gone imho—if Josh wanted him here I bet he would be. Not for nothing Diggs somehow managed to let catchable, critical balls slip through his fingers during the playoffs, coaching notwithstanding? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

One amazing aspect that isn’t being talked about: it appears the Buffalo Media kept a LOT of this under wraps, likely knowing that’s how McD likes things done. 

Truly, that is incredible and rare. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’ll say this: I’ve, at times, butted heads with intense/no-nonsense individuals during strenuous periods. 

It’s not that I’m unfocused, unprofessional, or not a hard worker, or don’t care. Inside my brain, all business and problem solving, but outside is still my happy-go-lucky, goofy vibes.

Diggs seems obsessive and anal about his craft, and you can physically see that manifest. Allen is easy going and a goof, so you may not always see physically the same characteristics but that doesn’t mean he cares/focus

16 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

One amazing aspect that isn’t being talked about: it appears the Buffalo Media kept a LOT of this under wraps, likely knowing that’s how McD likes things done. 

Truly, that is incredible and rare. 

It’s not rare or surprising to see sports media bury stories that the team or league wants buried. Michigan chested their way to a NC. No one spoke about that. The Bills reporters know that their jobs will get much more difficult- if not downright impossible - if they run negative stories about the Bills. They can slag someone who is no longer here or is on their way out.  No issues there, but if they do anything that really hurts the team - and, yes, including true, reportable incidents - then they might as well find a new line of work. Some stories do spill over into the mainstream media and they don’t stay under wraps, but by and large this is how it works. 

20 hours ago, Chaos said:

That is not what has happened. This is a Josh - Stef issue.

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It doesn’t seem like that’s the real impetus for Diggs being gone imho—if Josh wanted him here I bet he would be. Not for nothing Diggs somehow managed to let catchable, critical balls slip through his fingers during the playoffs, coaching notwithstanding? 

I told folks a year ago it was a Josh - Stef issue. It always has been. That relationship fractured. And when that happens the right answer is always your franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 3