London Updated

corta765

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Agree and get what you’re saying.  The way we are playing right now, we would beat these guys on the moon.  To up the stakes, I suspect our Josh Allen wants some redemption against their Josh Allen.

Right?  Their JA had a sack, fumble recovery, and interception in the last meeting.  Unreal.  That said, I hope the last thing on our JA’s mind is focusing on one player.  Just keep doing what you’re doing.

• Agree 1

There’s an NFL Live event at Battersea Power Station on Saturday. Part of the NFL Experience day. 

Roger Goodell and Thurman Thomas amongst the guests.

https://www.universe.com/events/nfl-live-at-the-cinema-in-the-power-station-battersea-tickets-492KSL

£10 a ticket but you’ll need to be quick I think. 

26 minutes ago, BritBill said:

There’s an NFL Live event at Battersea Power Station on Saturday. Part of the NFL Experience day. 

Roger Goodell and Thurman Thomas amongst the guests.

https://www.universe.com/events/nfl-live-at-the-cinema-in-the-power-station-battersea-tickets-492KSL

£10 a ticket but you’ll need to be quick I think. 

I think the Experience itself is free…. no? 

A safe journey to all those travelling over the Atlantic the next few days.

I’ll see a few of you on Saturday evening. Those I won’t get to meet have a great time and enjoy the game (win).

Go Bills 👍 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

A safe journey to all those travelling over the Atlantic the next few days.

I’ll see a few of you on Saturday evening. Those I won’t get to meet have a great time and enjoy the game (win).

Go Bills 👍 

I am currently sitting at the airport bar with a lot of time before my flight. I love airport bars! Nobody looks at you funny if you’re having a drink as the sun rises or sets. 

That reminds me of a HUGE rugby tournament in Savanah, GA at St. Patricks day. Teams from about 40 states, and my old boys team won it. Getting hammered in the airport bar as return flights were staggered, one guy we had to load into a wheelchair and told the flight attendant he’d been hit in the head in the tournament but had been cleared by the bartender….I mean DOCTOR to fly. His flight to Chicago went smoothly, unfortunately he didn’t wake up until Milwaukee. Oops!  😂 I was dating my now wife and the time and told her if she wanted out after meeting my friends, I would understand! 

I’ll look for the info on Saturday when I get there in case there is some flexibility. I’d love to meet up, but I need to get settled before I can commit to anything. Right now I’m just hoping the Tube is as easy as everyone says. Thank you, YouTube! I feel a little better after a few of those clips. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Sitting at Kings Cross station waiting for the train to Paris.  Lots of Bills fans here 

There were dozens of Bills fans just on my flight, and one lonely but nice couple from Jacksonville. 

Enjoy Paris! We went in May and I absolutely loved it. You are traveling like my wife organized it, and you’ll be glad you got it all in. I’m just winging it this trip, and I’m in desperate need of a quick nap after zero sleep on the way over. A little nap before lunch can’t hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Sitting at Kings Cross station waiting for the train to Paris.  Lots of Bills fans here 

The train to Paris goes from St Pancras station....... 

I know they are a single stop on the tube but they are two DIFFERENT mainline stations!

• Haha (+1) 2

Random question for my people in the UK. We are taking a day trip that covers Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath on Monday. I know that it’s a long day but I’m just looking now and we head to Rome, from Gatwick at 8:55 PM. If anyone is familiar with this, is it possible for us to basically get our own transportation out of there so that we don’t miss our flight? Basically, I don’t have the heart to tell Jessica that it might not work. She’s really looking forward to it. Please help!!

Respectfully,

An American that can’t tell time

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Random question for my people in the UK. We are taking a day trip that covers Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath on Monday. I know that it’s a long day but I’m just looking now and we head to Rome, from Gatwick at 8:55 PM. If anyone is familiar with this, is it possible for us to basically get our own transportation out of there so that we don’t miss our flight? Basically, I don’t have the heart to tell Jessica that it might not work. She’s really looking forward to it. Please help!!

Respectfully,

An American that can’t tell time

Eeek. That is a hell of a journey in one day to then get back to Gatwick for 7pm and be ready for your flight. Where are you starting from? You can hire a car....

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Eeek. That is a hell of a journey in one day to then get back to Gatwick for 7pm and be ready for your flight. Where are you starting from? You can hire a car....

That was my thought.  We are staying by the London Bridge. It’s a long enough ride from there to begin with. I was thinking that I’d have a car take us right from there to the airport. 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That was my thought.  We are staying by the London Bridge. It’s a long enough ride from there to begin with. I was thinking that I’d have a car take us right from there to the airport. 

We went all out for our trip last Spring and had private drivers and guides for almost everything we did. It was certainly expensive, but there is no way we could have gotten so much done without taking on that extra expense. It was all arranged by someone my SIL uses to take groups of college students on educational trips (Yeah, not a bad perk for a job!). I’m not sure how to find the right driver, but it sounds like you are on the right path for this situation. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The train to Paris goes from St Pancras station....... 

I know they are a single stop on the tube but they are two DIFFERENT mainline stations!

Ummm, Enjoy Marseille!!!   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I've lived in UK for 44 years and have never been to Bath or Stonehenge

I don't know how much of London you've already seen, but there is so much cool stuff you could spend a full week exploring the city. I'd be tempted to spend a day doing that instead of the trip, and get the train to Gatwick from London bridge.   The train only is 30-40 mins compared 1.5 hours driving.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.