Tua body transformation

SCBills

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tom Brady was a skinny soy boy coming out of college

He’s in better shape than 100% of the people on this board and is a much better athlete

Seeing he was able to throw for over 4000 yards as a 44-year-old in the league

1 - I like my body more than Brady’s skinny dad bod and I can eat strawberries.

2 - he is better at playing qb than me. I’m so humble. 

0D7666DE-E6CE-43CE-A676-38BF98F53DC2.webp

Also, concussion jokes are pretty pathetic. 

On 4/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, Beck Water said:

I heard it a little differently - that he doesn’t lift weights with his upper body.  I expect he does functional strength training type stuff, which does build muscle but with more attention to strengthening small stabilizer muscles and maintaining flexibility

Where is this interview?

Another poster said it was an edition of Kyle Brandt's Basement, but I've listened to most of them I didn't hear that in those. 

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - I like my body more than Brady’s skinny dad bod and I can eat strawberries.

2 - he is better at playing qb than me. I’m so humble. 

0D7666DE-E6CE-43CE-A676-38BF98F53DC2.webp

Also, concussion jokes are pretty pathetic. 

Where did I make a concussion joke

On 4/11/2023 at 6:37 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Doesn't look like a good thick. Trust me, I know bad thick when I see it. 

Not doubting you, but wondering from that photo how he looks "bad thiccc"?  Serious Q

Looks like he muscled up his calves, thighs and butt, which several running QB have discussed as being important for speed

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not doubting you, but wondering from that photo how he looks "bad thiccc"?  Serious Q

Looks like he muscled up his calves, thighs and butt, which several running QB have discussed as being important for speed

Well Im being a bit tongue in cheek, but it’s true. He’s always had a strong lower have, his upper body does not look impressive. Tiny arms and forearms and his core and neck don’t look muscular there. Its not Dion Dawkins level, but for a QB it’s not impressive 

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Where is this interview?

Another poster said it was an edition of Kyle Brandt's Basement, but I've listened to most of them I didn't hear that in those. 

Great question.   I think it might have been one of those pre-game interview sessions Chris Simms does before Sunday Night football? 

*rummage rummage* yeah, here it is.  Discussion of how he works out 15 minutes in.

I think people are misunderstanding what he said, he said he doesn't do barbell lifts or military press, does do some dumbbell lifts, focus is on keeping his upper body flexible and pliable - that's a lot different from not doing upper body workouts or upper body strength training at all. 

Anyway the whole interview is really good IMHO, Josh talks about his mechanics a lot and you get to watch him standing there just tooling around with the ol' Arm Cannon for most of it.  Good listen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Great question.   I think it might have been one of those pre-game interview sessions Chris Simms does before Sunday Night football? 

*rummage rummage* yeah, here it is.  Discussion of how he works out 15 minutes in.

I think people are misunderstanding what he said, he said he doesn't do barbell lifts or military press, does do some dumbbell lifts, focus is on keeping his upper body flexible and pliable - that's a lot different from not doing upper body workouts or upper body strength training at all. 

Anyway the whole interview is really good IMHO, Josh talks about his mechanics a lot and you get to watch him standing there just tooling around with the ol' Arm Cannon for most of it.  Good listen.

OK, crass to follow up my own post.  But on this listen, I caught the name of the trainer Josh said he works with - Ryan Flaherty, Josh calls him "Flaher Bear".

So I googled and here is some of his stuff, talking about what he sees as "do's and don'ts" for QB workouts. No bench press, what he recommends instead.

https://www.stack.com/a/quarterback-guru-ryan-flahertys-workout-secrets/

and an older article

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/money-lift-how-top-flight-trainer-discovered-most-important-exercise-every-athlete

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Wow, thanks for finding that. 

That must be the video that everyone references. 

Josh carries a belly, I do still wonder if a lower body fat % and more muscle would help him get more out of his body, but I did like to hear/confirm that he has a team of trainers that coach him on his physique. 

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

OK, crass to follow up my own post.  But on this listen, I caught the name of the trainer Josh said he works with - Ryan Flaherty, Josh calls him "Flaher Bear".

So I googled and here is some of his stuff, talking about what he sees as "do's and don'ts" for QB workouts. No bench press, what he recommends instead.

and an older article

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/money-lift-how-top-flight-trainer-discovered-most-important-exercise-every-athlete

Check your DM’s

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

and an older article

I learned alot of that in HS. Its far more important to be flexible than huge as a QB 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.