New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Swatting down BS is a never ending task!

Weo….I came on and gave a current event update on actual facts about the Oakland As new stadium. Seemed like a thread about stadium budgets was the place to post it. No BS….just facts that I thought people would find interesting. Especially about the cost, capacity and retractable roof.  I’m not sure what prompted you to take the conversation in a really odd direction. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Weo….I came on and gave a current event update on actual facts about the Oakland As new stadium. Seemed like a thread about stadium budgets was the place to post it. No BS….just facts that I thought people would find interesting. Especially about the cost, capacity and retractable roof.  I’m not sure what prompted you to take the conversation in a really odd direction. 

It initially was the claim that workers already working in NYS would be adding to NYS taxes and goods and services by working on a stadium.  I kept asking how that could be so and you chose not to answer.  It was a simple, not odd question, which I repeated, that's all. You attach to it all sorts of assumptions about my ?politics over this, which you discovered were incorrect.  Nothing odd with any of this.

...plus the dubious (at best) claim that Oakland "lost" the Warriors (when they moved across a bridge)! 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It initially was the claim that workers already working in NYS would be adding to NYS taxes and goods and services by working on a stadium.  I kept asking how that could be so and you chose not to answer.  It was a simple, not odd question, which I repeated, that's all. You attach to it all sorts of assumptions about my ?politics over this, which you discovered were incorrect.  Nothing odd with any of this.

...plus the dubious (at best) claim that Oakland "lost" the Warriors (when they moved across a bridge)! 

My post was about the Oakland stadium COST and ROOF. I figured you of all people would find it interesting. But nope! Just more arguing over nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Is it like finishing a house? Do you get to pick your own dome? 

It’s like franchise, owner mode in Madden. So basically. Unfortunately, just like the crappy stadium we’re gonna get, it’s the same 3-4 computer generated designs they make you use and are never happy with. 

im joking. Calm down people. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Golden State Warriors went across the bridge fine. But Oakland area leaders don’t get the benefit of the doubt when you lose a NFL and a MLB franchise since 2019 that is just incompetent or corrupt leadership or both. I would look into if Oakland area political leaders took campaign contributions from the San Francisco 49ers and San Francisco Giants ownership in anyway who greatly benefited in a one team Bay Area town? From a television and sponsorship way that no one in the media is looking into. Journalism is terrible today the public interest forget it that went away a long time ago. I don’t know what happened I don’t live in Oakland but something funny happened there? Either that or some kind of corrupt land grab with either the port or the Coliseum land that crook politicians in the mayor’s office or the Oakland council benefit? That news conference by the Oakland mayor’s office was pathetic it was a dog and pony show with her allies congratulating each other blaming the Oakland Athletics pathetic. Even San Diego were able to at least keep the San Diego Padres. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

FYI: Tennessee just topped the new Bills stadium for public funding. The State and City are investing a combined total of $1.2 BILLION into the new Titans Stadium which is projected to cost close to $2.1 BULLION. 

Apparently the Bills are now trendsetters! 

$500 million more. One thing to note is the Titans stadium is only 25 years old, Bills stadium is 50 years old. 

Remember all the agita over "the largest taxpayer subsidy in history" over the $850MM New York State gave the Bills? Tennessee just eclipsed us: $1.26B!

From the Athletic (paywall)

https://theathletic.com/4449753/2023/04/25/titans-stadium-nashville-public-funds?source=user-shared-article

• Agree 1

On 4/20/2023 at 11:27 AM, JoPoy88 said:

The Seals are not the Sharks no. The Seals ended their existence in Cleveland, which is doubly depressing.

Technically, the Barons were merged with the North Stars. Then somehow un-merged to create the Sharks. So in a weird way the Sharks are related to the Seals.

Screenshot-20230426-091238.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/news/from-seals-to-sharks/c-474690

Sent with @NHL

On 4/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, SoCal Deek said:

. Further still, if memory serves, the San Jose Sharks are NOT the old California Seals. I believe they are a totally new franchise.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:30 AM, KeLLy1278 said:

Just keep the old stadium and save the entire amount.  Being responsible fiscally is where it’s at.  Mike drop.

Okay.

Explode Criss Angel GIF by DefyTV

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Technically, the Barons were merged with the North Stars. Then somehow un-merged to create the Sharks. So in a weird way the Sharks are related to the Seals.

Screenshot-20230426-091238.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/news/from-seals-to-sharks/c-474690

Sent with @NHL

Funny story…we had a table top hockey game when we were kids. Played it for hours on end. Ours came with the Seals as one of the two teams. 🙄 As kids we didn’t even know who the Seals were! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Funny story…we had a table top hockey game when we were kids. Played it for hours on end. Ours came with the Seals as one of the two teams. 🙄 As kids we didn’t even know who the Seals were! 

My first game was Dec 1970 vs Golden Seals at Aud

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Remember all the agita over "the largest taxpayer subsidy in history" over the $850MM New York State gave the Bills? Tennessee just eclipsed us: $1.26B!

From the Athletic (paywall)

https://theathletic.com/4449753/2023/04/25/titans-stadium-nashville-public-funds?source=user-shared-article

They are getting value for their dollar by bringing more business to their downtown. We are bringing more business to...middle of nowhere town of Orchard Park. Those mud parking lots and dive bars will really prosper, hurray!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

They are getting value for their dollar by bringing more business to their downtown. We are bringing more business to...middle of nowhere town of Orchard Park. Those mud parking lots and dive bars will really prosper, hurray!

It is a part of an already vibrant and affluent downtown scene in a city that has quickly become one of the hottest destinations in the country.  Horse before the cart there.  Need to get the other stuff rolling like actual major commerce downtown, and people working, living, and shopping there.

Back to the topic somewhat…if you’ve ever flown into Oakland for a Raiders game (it’s ugly) you’ll know that the stadium and arena are very close to the airport and sit in the same parking lot, right next to the freeway. If memory serves, they finally extended the light rail line (BART) over to the airport so you didn’t have to hop on a bus to get to the stadium from your flight. With the Athletics, Raiders and Warriors all now gone, I’ve gotta believe some are saying ‘what the heck’ was that rail line for? The money would’ve been better spent improving the sports venues and keeping the teams. Sheeesh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.