New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not arguing any particular point, but I’m just here to say I’ve lived in both Cincinnati and Buffalo for extended periods. Buffalo may have its snow events, but it can get SERIOUSLY cold in Cincinnati. Bitter, BITTER cold. 

That may be. But….. how old is their stadium and the bigger question is, if they were to build a new one, would they build an outdoor stadium again? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

That may be. But….. how old is their stadium and the bigger question is, if they were to build a new one, would they build an outdoor stadium again? 

It was built in 2000, and if they replaced it I SERIOUSLY doubt it would be a dome. Like Pittsburgh and Cleveland up the road, it’s just not their style. 

Did I mention it gets brutally cold in Cincinnati? Didn’t they have some epic cold weather games, including an AFCCG vs the Bills? Like, some record setting cold games. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

What makes you think the drunken idiots are cheap?

Plenty of six-figure drunken #######s who like the bills lol 

Literally to a lot of people in Buffalo… The bills are everything

People are willing to spend

I’m one of them!!! (Albeit very, very low 6-figures… 😂)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m 6 figures also with a zero in front.

I keep reading part of the high WNY taxes go to solid education, but……sorry, the zeroes in front don’t really count.    🤷‍♂️

Maybe your parents can apply for a tax refund?   😋

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

It was built in 2000, and if they replaced it I SERIOUSLY doubt it would be a dome. Like Pittsburgh and Cleveland up the road, it’s just not their style. 

Did I mention it gets brutally cold in Cincinnati? Didn’t they have some epic cold weather games, including an AFCCG vs the Bills? Like, some record setting cold games. 

Bengal Chargers -59 WC

• Shocked 2

59 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That seems high based strictly on the recently reported construction cost. Typically a/e design costs would be somewhere around 7.0% for a project of this size. The higher the construction cost, the lower the percentage. This is generally true for all types of projects (residential, commercial, institutional, etc.)

he’s not accurately quoting the story - it said that number was for design and other “soft costs.”

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Buffalo has the worst weather in league by far, there’s no comparison. 

Let me also say this stadium is going to be gorgeous and state of the art. Nothing embarrassing about it. I just think they should’ve gone all in and built it right. $200 million is a lot of money added for a dome  but over 50 years for an NFL team it’s a small amount.

Bull. I’ve been to an ice storm in Cleveland. i’ve been to near blizzard conditions at Gillette.

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

he’s not accurately quoting the story - it said that number was for design and other “soft costs.”

Bull. I’ve been to an ice storm in Cleveland. i’ve been to near blizzard conditions at Gillette.

Thanks

Soft costs refers to anything not part of the ‘hard’ construction cost. Besides design fees that typically includes permit fees, inspection, furnishings, and a host of other smaller fees and costs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yet still no dome stadium while Indianapolis Colts and Detroit Lions fans are nice and warm in a dome. Some Buffalo Bills fans can’t stand Buffalo being the but of jokes over the years but this is ok that we are? With this new Bills stadium not having a dome? The Buffalo Bills look ridiculous and backwards more than anything the Buffalo Bills did on the field or Buffalo fans did in general in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Who gives a crap about a dome?

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

And Lucas Oil Stadium has hosted Super Bowls, Final Fours, NCAA Football Championships, it hosts the combine every year, countless concerts and business engagements. It has been great for the city of Indy

that shoulda been the model to strive for here. Not a freakin replica of the current thing across the street so we can host none of those things.

so stupid!

They literally modeled the stadium after old War memorial and the current stadium.

I mean great, the die hards are happy, at least until they see their bill. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They literally modeled the stadium after old War memorial and the current stadium.

I mean great, the die hards are happy, at least until they see their bill. 

I just noticed that too. The new stadium has a field, goal posts, and seats….just like the current one. The resemblance is downright remarkable! 😉

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

And Lucas Oil Stadium has hosted Super Bowls, Final Fours, NCAA Football Championships, it hosts the combine every year, countless concerts and business engagements. It has been great for the city of Indy

that shoulda been the model to strive for here. Not a freakin replica of the current thing across the street so we can host none of those things.

so stupid!

The problem is, that space has gotten very competitive between the facility in Indy, Minneapolis, Vegas, Dallas, Atlanta, LA, and heck, even East Rutherford.  Add in a new reno for the SkyDome/Rogers.   

The chances of Buffalo hosting events like that are minimal to none.  They aren't going to lift the combine.  It is a terrible market for NCAA Football, nobody will rush to host neutral site games here, I bet they would have trouble stealing the MAC Championship from Detroit. 

PS&E had studies done that looked into the potential events that could/would be hosted in a downtown/indoor facility over the current choice.  My guess is the potential events aren't worth it.

And to be honest, a replica of Lucas Oil Stadium would look great downtown.  The problem is you are tagging on a ton of direct and indirect cost and a stretched out building (and red tape) schedule.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Haha jokes. But they actually said that and think it’s a good thing.

Lighten up Francis....it's all in good fun! I guess I am interested to hear what parts of the new stadium you believe look similar to the existing stadium. One is built totally above ground, the other halfway into the ground. One has a roof, and the other doesn't. One has multiple level covered concourses, and the other doesn't. One has an exterior architectural skin, and the other doesn't. Yes....they are both stadiums, for sure, but in my opinion they aren't even close to the same. When they talk about them being the same, I believe they're referring to the 'atmosphere' of a fan-centered game experience. It's essentially marketing-speak.

• Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Lighten up Francis....it's all in good fun! I guess I am interested to hear what parts of the new stadium you believe look similar to the existing stadium. One is built totally above ground, the other halfway into the ground. One has a roof, and the other doesn't. One has multiple level covered concourses, and the other doesn't. One has an exterior architectural skin, and the other doesn't. Yes....they are both stadiums, for sure, but in my opinion they aren't even close to the same. When they talk about them being the same, I believe they're referring to the 'atmosphere' of a fan-centered game experience. It's essentially marketing-speak.

I don’t really care, it’s a stadium to me. I wasn’t the type of fan they needed to impress. I’m going no matter what.

But answering your question there are design features taken from both stadiums built into the look of the stadium. That’s what they said. But like I’ve been saying, no one cares about this stadium and these design features.

But don’t worry, you’ll be paying more for them. All that matters.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

17 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

There was something to be said for keeping the existing stadium, upgrading certain features to modern standards, and going the approach of a Fenway Park, Lambeau type deal, where it is unique in a world of modern but similar ridiculous structures.

but if you decide to let Jerry Jones plan everything as they are, and invest $1.5 billion, mostly public funding, as they are, then build a dome and put it downtown. You don't put a copycat across the street.

It is expensive (modern/ridiculous), useless and without the charm of a historic facility.

I actually agree with a lot of that. I’m told that the existing concrete structure itself is in terrible condition.  But I’ve also heard that this is primarily in the upper desk, not the lower bowl which is built into the ground. So yes, I agree that each upper deck could have been torn down either all at once or in successive years and then rebuilt with new roof covered sideline grandstands including multi story indoor concourse structures. I’m guessing it would’ve been far cheaper. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.