TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

42 minutes ago, section122 said:

Wait we aren't auditioning for GM jobs?  Guess I can stop working on the resume! lol

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Every time you participate in a mock draft, you move ahead of Buddy Nix on the list of 'Potential GM Candidates'.

I'm currently at Assistant General Manager...no? OK, Assistant to the General Manager status!:wub:

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Every time you participate in a mock draft, you move ahead of Buddy Nix on the list of 'Potential GM Candidates'.

Except Ralph's list which was "Marv Levy, Buddy Nix, the 75 year old drunk man who sits in the park shouting at the birds, LIST ENDS."

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (mannc) are on the clock
6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So he is my next Tight End (my TE6 overall). But I have him late 3rd. I don't see the upside there with him to make him a second round pick. 

Groot was a "top 30" meeting. They happened differently that year because it was covid. They were all zooms but they 100% had one with Groot. And Elam was a top 30 visit last year. Was only reported in the final 48 hours before the draft. So the fact we haven't heard about someone being in doesn't mean they haven't been in. But I would strongly hedge towards whoever they select in round 1 having been a top 30 visit.

They have never taken a first rounder who wasn't.  

Ah, thanks...yeah I was only going on the lists I could find in the past years and the closest to the draft were still like a week out.  So probably why they weren't showing up on the lists I found.  Thanks for clarifying.

With the 55th pick in the 2023 TSW Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor Univ.  

The Lions continue to load up on defense, needing to turn around the worst unit in the league.  Through pick 55, we've taken a top player at each level, plus a young quarterback we hope we can develop.

@LEBills and the Jaguars are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 56th pick in the 2023 TSW Mock Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Dawand Jones OT, OSU

Cam Robinson has been a solid left tackle for the Jags but continues to have injuries to his knees, the last of which cost him the end of the 2022 season. In his absence Walker Little excelled at LT. Robinson will be on the team through this year at which point he can be release for a modest cap hit. Getting The Mountain to fill the right side spot vacated by Jawan Taylor is too good to pass up in this spot. Though we do have concerns about Jones being just too big, he really has played well in college and the senior bowl. This should establish bookend tackles for the Jags for the foreseeable future.

The Giants and @Chaos are now on the clock.

@Virgil

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

With the 56th pick in the 2023 TSW Mock Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Dawand Jones OT, OSU

Cam Robinson has been a solid left tackle for the Jags but continues to have injuries to his knees, the last of which cost him the end of the 2022 season. In his absence Walker Little excelled at LT. Robinson will be on the team through this year at which point he can be release for a modest cap hit. Getting The Mountain to fill the right side spot vacated by Jawan Taylor is too good to pass up in this spot. Though we do have concerns about Jones being just too big, he really has played well in college and the senior bowl. This should establish bookend tackles for the Jags for the foreseeable future.

The Giants and @Chaos are now on the clock.

@Virgil

And just like that, the Bills  OL is gonna be trash.  

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And just like that, the Bills  OL is gonna be trash.  

I don't agree and know I am in the minority.  Admittedly there is a lot of ifs but the Bills have already upgraded both OG positions.  Dawkins in not being replaced at LT so it really just boils down to Spencer Brown.  I won't say he can't be upgraded from but he did have a lot going against him last year.  He missed all offseason after surgery which isn't happening this year and he gets a huge upgrade next to him.  Add in that Boetgger is a year removed from his surgery, and the line should be better this year already.

The Bills might draft an OT and if one is there that makes sense I am not against it, I just think the guard upgrades are going to pay more dividends than expected.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I don't agree and know I am in the minority.  Admittedly there is a lot of ifs but the Bills have already upgraded both OG positions.  Dawkins in not being replaced at LT so it really just boils down to Spencer Brown.  I won't say he can't be upgraded from but he did have a lot going against him last year.  He missed all offseason after surgery which isn't happening this year and he gets a huge upgrade next to him.  Add in that Boetgger is a year removed from his surgery, and the line should be better this year already.

The Bills might draft an OT and if one is there that makes sense I am not against it, I just think the guard upgrades are going to pay more dividends than expected.

We can die on this lonely hill together. 

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

I do think that the new guards will help the line overall.

However, Brown really has been not good to average his first two years in the league. We currently have David Quessenbury as our swing tackle. I think it would be wise to draft a tackle early. Whether the rookie pushes Brown to the bench or Brown plays good enough to hold onto that spot, now your tackle position isn’t so thin and dependent on Spencer Brown taking a step in year 3.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

^ I think OT competition for Brown ain’t a bad choice, but maybe more importantly I want Morse’s heir apparent. 

I understand that sentiment and I like Tippmann for that, but they need to draft guys who are going to play. This isn't a build anymore, they should be shooting for a super bowl, and adding depth pieces just isn't doing that IMO. I know they will have to replace Morse, but I think it is rather low on the priority list. Again, JMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (LEBills) are on the clock
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Giants (Chaos) are on the clock

Should not have taken Addison......

This second round is ripe with WR options, and very thin with LB or OT options.....

Lesson learned for version 2.0 I hope?  I'd have rather reached on Campbell, or taken a chance on Dawand Jones.   Addison looking like a luxury pick at the moment, and imagine if Davis rebounds like I'm sure we can agree on that we hope he will.  "KC Playoff Davis" was not a fluke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.