TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

*****TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Tennessee Titans have trade Derrick Henry to the Chicago Bears for the 53rd pick in the NFL Draft.  The Titans will be forever grateful to Derrick and all he has done for this organization and wish him all the best in his next chapter with the Bears.

And with the 11th pick in the 2023 draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  RB, Bijan Robinson, Texas CLICK HERE FOR 2022 HIGHLIGHTS

Bijan might be the most gifted RB we have seen come out since Saquan, and we look forward to integrating him into our offense and continuing to do what we do best.  Moving on from a player as special as Henry is never easy, but landing an heir to King Henry's throne with a prospect as gifted as Bijan is about the best case scenario we could imagine.  This move not only allows us to get younger but also frees up future cap space so we can continue to build around the young talent on this roster.

@wppeteand the Houston Texans are now on the clock for the 12th overall pick.  

Additional footage and evaluation below:

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the trade as it was.  But with this pick, I like it better now

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the trade as it was.  But with this pick, I like it better now

If the Titans were to actually trade Henry, I think the Bears are the only team that makes any real sense as a landing partner.  They are moving in the right direction there, they have plenty of cap room, and that division could be very winnable for them these next couple of years.  Adding DJ Moore and then Derrick Henry would be a massive amount of help for Fields.  Not only does Moore help him as a passer, but Henry gives them the luxury of not having to put the offense all on Fields.  

For Titans, I think they know they are no better than a middling AFC team as presently constructed and don't have the spending power to change that.  Henry's cost and age isn't going to do a whole lot for them, so the opportunity to move Henry and his contract before his value diminishes further and bring in a potentially generationally talented RB to succeed him feels like a win-win type scenario for them.  

Getting Bijan for essentially the next 4-5 seasons on a rookie contract allows them to build around the style of football they want while freeing up cap space to keep improving the team elsewhere.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

First small shock of the draft I'd say? Not that Branch is particularly a reach here, he isn't. But that wasn't the direction I was expecting you to go in. Well played sir.

Considered WR - wanted to trade back and tried I think that’s what Philly should do.  

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not sure Hooker solves that problem though. 

Trade down, get ammunition for next year.

That works too.  I think whoever trades up (if the picks are even up for trade) is gonna pay a fortune.  

I like Hooker more than most.  I’m betting on the person.  

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I hope the real NFL draft has a secret message board thread with all the GMs posting in it just like this. 

I mean it kinda does. They start at the Senior Bowl, then the Combine, then texting and calling up to and including draft night. It is like any other business relationships matter. 

With the 12th selection, the Houston Texans select Peter Skoronski, OT North Western.

Houston gets  long term protection for new QB Bryce Young. Have to protect your young QB. Houston plugs in Skoronski at RT to go with Tunsil at LT. 

The New York Jets and @NewEra are on the clock.

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

*****TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Tennessee Titans have traded Derrick Henry to the Chicago Bears for the 53rd pick in the NFL Draft.  The Titans will be forever grateful to Derrick and all he has done for this organization and wish him all the best in his next chapter with the Bears.

And with the 11th pick in the 2023 draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  RB, Bijan Robinson, Texas CLICK HERE FOR 2022 HIGHLIGHTS

Bijan might be the most gifted RB we have seen come out since Saquan, and we look forward to integrating him into our offense and continuing to do what we do best.  Moving on from a player as special as Henry is never easy, but landing an heir to King Henry's throne with a prospect as gifted as Bijan is about the best case scenario we could imagine.  This move not only allows us to get younger but also frees up future cap space so we can continue to build around the young talent on this roster.

@wppeteand the Houston Texans are now on the clock for the 12th overall pick.  

Additional footage and evaluation below:

If the Titans take a RB instead of Broderick Jones in this situation, Vrabel will take a swing at someone on live TV…as he should.

Edited by mannc

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jets (NewEra) are on the clock!!!
17 minutes ago, wppete said:

With the 12th selection, the Houston Texans select Peter Skoronski, OT North Western.

Houston gets  long term protection for new QB Bryce Young. Have to protect your young QB. Houston plugs in Skoronski at RT to go with Tunsil at LT. 

The New York Jets and @NewEra are on the clock.

@Virgil

Dam you @wppete

good- I don’t want him falling to the jets anyways. 

with the 13th pick, the NY Jets select Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Ohio St.

We don’t plan on repeating what the Packers did for AR.  We’re gonna give him weapons-  

Reuniting Garrett Wilson with the guy he says is better than him.  

Wilson and Lazard on the outside with JSN in the slot.  We feel Lazard is a below average #2 option.  Adding JSN makes Lazard a very good #3 and Hardman a great #4.  Mims as the 5th.  

We strongly considered Broderick Jones and Darnell Wright after losing out on Skoronski, but feel that JSN is as can’t miss as they come.  We love our playmakers.  

Considered Kincaid as well, but we’re happy with Uzomah, Conklin and Ruckert.  

@inaugural balls is on the clock

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Ravens (NeverOutNick) are on the clock!!!
15 minutes ago, mannc said:

If the Titans take a RB instead of Broderick Jones in this situation, Vrabel will take a swing at someone on live TV…as he should.

You do realize the Titans already signed Andre Dillard to starter level money at LT right?  They are not drafting a LT with the 11th pick to sit behind Dillard, and they didn't pay Dillard starter money to sit the bench with their cap situation.

If they were to take someone on the OL there it would be Peter Skoronski who would be slated to start at LG.  They could also go WR at 11 there too.  But with the extra draft pick I picked up with this trade, we can find IOL help in the 2nd round and a WR.    

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You do realize the Titans already signed Andre Dillard to starter level money at LT right?  They are not drafting a LT with the 11th pick to sit behind Dillard, and they didn't pay Dillard starter money to sit the bench with their cap situation.

If they were to take someone on the OL there it would be Peter Skoronski who would be slated to start at LG.  They could also go WR at 11 there too.  But with the extra draft pick I picked up with this trade, we can find IOL help in the 2nd round and a WR.    

Dillard has played guard too in his career. If they get a chance to take a tackle who can start for a decade they should not let Andre Dillard stop them IMO.

I don't hate the Bijan pick BTW. I get the logic there. But offensive line is by far Tennessee's #1 need.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.