The Bills need worse recievers

Zerovoltz

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It it was possible, I would trade giving the WR room 10-20% less money if that could be used to improve the OL.  I think Allen could be even better throwing to a slightly worse WR group if he had slightly more time to do so and a slightly better Running game.

I can only imagine the caterwauling from the permawhiners if that ever happened.

"WE DON'T HAVE PREMIER PLAYMAKERS!"

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I can only imagine the caterwauling from the permawhiners if that ever happened.

I don’t know about you, but caterwauling from the permawhiners is why I get out of bed in the morning!  😋

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

We need a TBD "Hall of Fame" where links to Epic TBD posts could be stored.

Retatta would be one.

With coining the phrase "caterwauling from the permawhiners" You Sir, have just earned my vote for your entry.

On 4/1/2023 at 7:10 PM, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a typo.

Josh Allen is elite now.  Diggs served his purpose, much like Tyreek Hill served his in Kansas City.  They gave shooting star QB's reliable, talented targets they could confidently throw to, helping to establish confidence and develop the QB's mental game.  

Hill complained after being traded (at least he watied to make this public when he was already gone) that he wasn't being focused on enough, or getting enough targets...etc.

The Chiefs traded him away, used the assets and cap space to improve other parts of the team, AND then went out and performed even better on offense.  I strongly believe that a reason why this happend is becasue Mahomes was entirely free to run each and every play with the idea that making the most optimal throw is what mattered.  Not to massage an ego or placate a guy wanting a larger role etc.  You can make a strong case KC's WR room isn't any great shakes.  I'd agree with that.  They don't need to be.  Zach Wilson isn't our QB....and he's not the Bills QB either.  Josh Freaking Allen is.  Allen doesn't need elite, high cots WR's to shine now.   

I know the Bills are committed to this season as an all in, all chips to the middle of the table type season....that's fine.  I wouldn't even say that it's a bad idea....but I think it would be better if you moved Diggs for all you could possibly get, go sign a couple vets who need to prove it, who have maybe some low self esteem because they've fallen out of favor due to injury etc....get a couple mid level guys who you know are good pros.  Let ALLEN run the team.. let HIM dictate the best place for the ball to go.  It's his job to run as efficient, well managed offense as he possibly can....not make sure pouting WR's see the ball X number of times a game.

Use the resources to add to your team in areas that Allen doesn't directly impact, like the defense etc.  If the guys work out...they move on, sign big deal somewhere else...and you reload with a couple more dudes who need to prove it again.  There is never a shortage of these guys and they overplay their contracts consistantly.  Plus, you'll be supplimenting these WR's with WR's you draft who are cheap and cost controlled.  

ALLEN is it. He's why you are 3rd best odds to win Super Bowl this upcoming season.. LEAN INTO IT.

Hey Zero.  How ya feeling on this POV now?

That isn't a typo.

Josh Allen is elite now.  Diggs served his purpose, much like Tyreek Hill served his in Kansas City.  They gave shooting star QB's reliable, talented targets they could confidently throw to, helping to establish confidence and develop the QB's mental game.  

Hill complained after being traded (at least he watied to make this public when he was already gone) that he wasn't being focused on enough, or getting enough targets...etc.

The Chiefs traded him away, used the assets and cap space to improve other parts of the team, AND then went out and performed even better on offense.  I strongly believe that a reason why this happend is becasue Mahomes was entirely free to run each and every play with the idea that making the most optimal throw is what mattered.  Not to massage an ego or placate a guy wanting a larger role etc.  You can make a strong case KC's WR room isn't any great shakes.  I'd agree with that.  They don't need to be.  Zach Wilson isn't our QB....and he's not the Bills QB either.  Josh Freaking Allen is.  Allen doesn't need elite, high cots WR's to shine now.   

I know the Bills are committed to this season as an all in, all chips to the middle of the table type season....that's fine.  I wouldn't even say that it's a bad idea....but I think it would be better if you moved Diggs for all you could possibly get, go sign a couple vets who need to prove it, who have maybe some low self esteem because they've fallen out of favor due to injury etc....get a couple mid level guys who you know are good pros.  Let ALLEN run the team.. let HIM dictate the best place for the ball to go.  It's his job to run as efficient, well managed offense as he possibly can....not make sure pouting WR's see the ball X number of times a game.

Use the resources to add to your team in areas that Allen doesn't directly impact, like the defense etc.  If the guys work out...they move on, sign big deal somewhere else...and you reload with a couple more dudes who need to prove it again.  There is never a shortage of these guys and they overplay their contracts consistantly.  Plus, you'll be supplimenting these WR's with WR's you draft who are cheap and cost controlled.  

ALLEN is it. He's why you are 3rd best odds to win Super Bowl this upcoming season.. LEAN INTO IT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:09 AM, Beck Water said:

We need a TBD "Hall of Fame" where links to Epic TBD posts could be stored.

Retatta would be one.

With coining the phrase "caterwauling from the permawhiners" You Sir, have just earned my vote for your entry.

The same.  That was awful though.  They'll get it figured out and will be fine.  

On 9/8/2023 at 6:14 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Myth: BUSTED 

They won a SB last year with Meh WR.  They will do just fine again with Meh WR.  But, that was an awful start this year.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Kellen Winslow and Rob Gronkowski say hello.

Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez are there too.

You dredge out a post that I made on April 1st after a single bad game by Kelce? I would argue that Kelce is having a serious regression due to age or distraction. But how was I supposed to predict that in April? Should I have predicted a Joe Burrow injury and a healthy season from Tua too?

13 hours ago, Low Positive said:

You dredge out a post that I made on April 1st after a single bad game by Kelce? I would argue that Kelce is having a serious regression due to age or distraction. But how was I supposed to predict that in April? Should I have predicted a Joe Burrow injury and a healthy season from Tua too?

The way they managed his injuries this season may be catching up with him as well.

• 4 months later...

That isn't a typo.

Now that Diggs has been traded and it's come to light there has been ongoing problems in the Diggs/Allen relationship.....I STAND BY THIS.  Allen is going to have a great year, and the Bills are going to be FINE.  Allen is now free to run the offense without having in the back of his mind that he has to get one of the guys a number of targets.  The ball can and will go to the optimal reciever on a given play.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Now that Diggs has been traded and it's come to light there has been ongoing problems in the Diggs/Allen relationship.....I STAND BY THIS.  Allen is going to have a great year, and the Bills are going to be FINE.  Allen is now free to run the offense without having in the back of his mind that he has to get one of the guys a number of targets.  The ball can and will go to the optimal reciever on a given play.

Agreed.  Hopefully one of those WRs is a 1st round pick that turns into an elite WR. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yep and using back-to-back 1st round picks on receiving targets will help make your "worse receivers" dream come true!

Just like the Chiefs throwing 3 day 2 picks (Toney/Moore/Rice) at the WR position has yielded results.   

Bottom line........if you want to win in the NFL you need talented receiving targets.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep and using back-to-back 1st round picks on receiving targets will help make your "worse receivers" dream come true!

Just like the Chiefs throwing 3 day 2 picks (Tony/Moore/Rice) at the WR position in back-to-back offseasons has yielded results.   

Bottom line........if you want to win in the NFL you need talented receiving targets.    

Sure..you need all the talent you can get across the roster.  

If you have an elite QB, who doesn't need a security blanket...then the best way to build a roster is probably not spending high on a WR who demands targets and is a locker room cancer.  

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

P.S. It wasn't a fake slide.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just like the Chiefs throwing 3 day 2 picks (Toney/Moore/Rice) at the WR position has yielded results.   

The OP is bang on! We don't need elite WR's. We actually have a bunch of dudes that can catch the ball: Shakir, Kincaid, Samuel and Knox to name a few.

You mention KC has Toney/Moore/Rice. They are NOT elite WR's. Toney is quite low-end actually.

Bills are not moving up to get a WR. If anything, we move up for Latu!

• Disagree 2