Building an Entire Draft Board: TE Rankings

Chaos

Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick # 27,59,91?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick # 27

• Luke Musgrave
    • Dalton Kincaid
    • Michael Mayer
    • Darnell Washington
    • Luke Schoonmaker
    • Tucker Kraft
    • Brenton Strange
    • Davis Allen
    • Sam LaPorta
    • Josh Whyle
    • Zack Kuntz
  2. 2. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick # 59

• Luke Musgrave
    • Dalton Kincaid
    • Michael Mayer
    • Darnell Washington
    • Luke Schoonmaker
    • Tucker Kraft
    • Brenton Strange
    • Davis Allen
    • Sam LaPorta
    • Josh Whyle
    • Zack Kuntz
  3. 3. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #91?

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 15 tight ends will be selected in the draft. 10 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 12 tight ends will be selected in the draft. 8 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the relative ranking within postion for PFF for Tight Ends shown in the right hand column.  

image.thumb.png.c6ff86cfd99487a31f30c3014e0cebd6.png

Edited by Chaos
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 15 tight ends will be selected in the draft. 10 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 12 tight ends will be selected in the draft. 8 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the relative ranking within postion for PFF for Centers is shown in the right hand column.  

Would be some pretty small Centers.😉

• Thank you (+1) 1

Chaos, this with a leap we secure Hopkins, and TE as in the 1st is great option.  Next picks at G, and MLB.  

we can kick the can til next year on Safety.  We have Poyer now for 2 yrs and 1 yr on Hyde.  We’re not extending these guys again so Safety might be our top pick for the next season 2 yrs.  Some have referenced Benford as he has Safety experience in college, but would be better if we could develop him for a year.

My votes are unrealistic, but if they can get Darnell Washington at 59 it would be like having an extra RT and an outlet for Josh .... a guy who won't let any one else catch the ball....not to mention one Helluva run blocker. It would free up Knox for sure.

8 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Watch the film (videos). 

Sam LaPorta is the Italian Gronk.  

At 91 would be great.

Edited by nosejob

18 hours ago, Chaos said:

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the relative ranking within postion for PFF for Tight Ends shown in the right hand column.  

I like Zach Kuntz I think he has massive potential as a 2yr project type. He’s 6,8 210lbs runs a 4.5 40. I think this kid bulks up to 245/250 these next 2 yrs he can be an absolute beast. I’d start looking at him in the 6th rd . He gives me Jimmy Graham vibes when he was coming out of Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ultimately, I like football players who are good at football. This strikes me in some ways as more important that measurables.  Having said that, there is a subject, I have not seen discussed otherwise on TBD, the importantance (or lack there of) of matching the NFL prototype.  Bill Parcells and the Patriots post Parcells were practically slaves to chosing players who fit the prototype for weight, height and speed.  They were were more interested in hitting the prototype, than exceeding it. The didn't want guards who were 6 8, or Tight Ends who were 6'1, regardless of skill levels.   I think this is worth an entire thread, but not going to start that now. 

As it relates to the Tight Ends, Musgrave hits on all three prototypes, Height, Weight and Speed.  Kindcaid and Mayer both are below the prototype on speed, and below the prototype on weight.  Curious if this changes anyones mind about Musgrave vs Kincaid and Mayer. 

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I like Zach Kuntz I think he has massive potential as a 2yr project type. He’s 6,8 210lbs runs a 4.5 40. I think this kid bulks up to 245/250 these next 2 yrs he can be an absolute beast. I’d start looking at him in the 6th rd . He gives me Jimmy Graham vibes when he was coming out of Miami. 

He weighed in at 6'7" and 255 lbs at the combine.  He has lots of potential, but needs work.  Round 6 is probably the right spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.