The Walls be Closing

Kemp

On 7/28/2023 at 3:45 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think I was pretty clear on H Clinton and the FBI.  I'm not sure why you're struggling with what I wrote?

On the second question, you've positioned the choices as:

• Trump gets to keep the material;
  • The FBI has to storm the castle;

That reflects a closed mindset and limitation of thought.  

There were additional options, including providing Trump more time to review the material to see if there were personal items intermingled with classified docs, allowing Trump to shred/destroy items he felt were beyond the scope of the government authority, and engaging in civil discourse as to the ultimate resolution of the matter.  

I do agree that bustin the door down was an option as well. 

Your commentary on RReagan is interesting.  Not to me, per se, but maybe to someone else.  My commentary was limited to the subject at hand. 

I think you addressed the Irv and Farley question to yourself, but in case you don't answer, I have no idea.  I do think the @Irv reply to Simon in the thread about the Women's Soccer team is one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.   Kudos to Irv in that regard, and if he is Farley, Kudos to @Chris farley as well.  

Just informed Chris and I are no longer allowed to post in that thread after trying to defend myself from the vicious political attacks. 

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Irv said:

Just informed Chris and I are no longer allowed to post in that thread after trying to defend myself from the vicious political attacks. 

I'm just a humble observer, but considering the totality of the board that seems extreme.  I'm not just speaking about here, where people getting tagged often upsets the fragile amongst us, but even on the main board, there's some mean-girl posting that goes on.  

I'm not sure who Chris is, but he sounds like a scoundrel.  

I'd start a petition to Free Irv, but honestly it seems like a lot of work.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm just a humble observer, but considering the totality of the board that seems extreme.  I'm not just speaking about here, where people getting tagged often upsets the fragile amongst us, but even on the main board, there's some mean-girl posting that goes on.  

I'm not sure who Chris is, but he sounds like a scoundrel.  

I'd start a petition to Free Irv, but honestly it seems like a lot of work.  

Chis is a tongue-in-cheek reference to Chis farley and me being the same.  And, he is a scoundrel.  Agree with you 100%.  No need to free Irv.  It is too much work.  I just read through a thread about something similar with a former? poster, Deranged Rhino.  Although I am not familiar with him/her - didn't seem to help.  It's their sandbox.  They can do what they want if they disagree with your politics.  

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Good

In addition to the Conspiracy to Defraud the US charge that we saw, I’ve been expecting wire fraud charges to come out of this investigation as well. 

I’m wondering if that’s what they are still looking into. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

In addition to the Conspiracy to Defraud the US charge that we saw, I’ve been expecting wire fraud charges to come out of this investigation as well. 

Quite possible

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

no idea. but draft dodgers suck.  guessing that's a reference to Biden.  Didn't one of his sons die in service?   Did he ever insult WW2 vets or POW's? trump is shite.  and you fools love him.  Why?

Joke didn't go to war, did he?  I guess that makes him a draft dodger, so he sucks.  I have no idea why you love him. 

Oh and no, Beau didn't die in service and Trump didn't insult WW2 vets (he did insult McCain, who was a POW).  :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Joke didn't go to war, did he?  I guess that makes him a draft dodger, so he sucks.  I have no idea why you love him. 

Oh and no, Beau didn't die in service and Trump didn't insult WW2 vets (he did insult McCain, who was a POW).  :rolleyes:

You still didn’t explain why you love Trump.  Maybe it’s because he shares your warped views on HCQ.  Whatever.  It doesn’t matter.  You love him.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh and no, Beau didn't die in service.  :rolleyes:

Well, what kind of medicine do you practice?  Is it possible that exposure to burn pits (like Beau was) could have caused his cancer?

According to the American Cancer Society and NASEM:

A 2011 report from the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) found that there was limited/suggestive evidence of a link between exposure to combustion products and reduced lung function in the populations studied, but there was inadequate/insufficient evidence of a link at that time between combustion products and cancer. But because some of the chemicals linked with burn pit emissions can cause cancer, and the fact that it can take many years for cancer to develop after an exposure, the authors of the report concluded that they couldn’t rule out that veterans exposed to burn pit emissions are at higher risk for cancer, and they suggested that further studies should be done.

Even more recently - you can check out all the latest research on your own.

MN347CXTKJCIBIWIXJ2TLJ7MRE.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

well, this could be fun.  Will they put him in prison for refusing to follow his signed release order.  Today trump to the idiots at his rally that "We can say whatever we want".  Campaigning from prison will be difficult

https://themessenger.com/politics/trump-signed-documents-acknowledging-conditions-of-release-includes-tampering-retaliation-or-intimidation

The document, signed by the former president on August 3, warns Trump not to "intimidate or attempt to intimidate" any witness, juror, informant, or officer of the court.

The document similarly warns against "tampering" or "retaliation" involving other persons in the case. It warns obstructing a criminal case is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You still didn’t explain why you love Trump.  Maybe it’s because he shares your warped views on HCQ.  Whatever.  It doesn’t matter.  You love him.  

Hoax.  I no more love Trump than you love Joke.  Probably because you believed he would "shut down the virus."

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

well, this could be fun.  Will they put him in prison for refusing nofollow his signed release order.  Today trump to the idiots at his rally that "We can say whatever we want".  Campaigning from prison will be difficult

https://themessenger.com/politics/trump-signed-documents-acknowledging-conditions-of-release-includes-tampering-retaliation-or-intimidation

Slippery slope, it's Marxist to suppress free speech. 

You support this I assume? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Slippery slope, it's Marxist to suppress free speech. 

You support this I assume? 

I believe this is a common legal maneuver inUS criminal cases, especially against mobsters.  But I'd love the lawyers here to weigh in.

Why do u find this funny SoCal?  trump threatened Jack Smith on his loser social site after signing this.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

well, this could be fun.  Will they put him in prison for refusing to follow his signed release order.  Today trump to the idiots at his rally that "We can say whatever we want".  Campaigning from prison will be difficult

The document, signed by the former president on August 3, warns Trump not to "intimidate or attempt to intimidate" any witness, juror, informant, or officer of the court.

The document similarly warns against "tampering" or "retaliation" involving other persons in the case. It warns obstructing a criminal case is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Even if he violates the protective order, I imagine the judge is going to be very reluctant to revoke bail. Trump’s going to get a lot of leeway here that wouldn’t be available to people like us. It would probably take something obvious and egregious for that to happen. 

That being said, if it does happen he won’t be the first person to run for president from jail. And nothing prevents him from running from jail or even winning and serving while in jail (in that event, I imagine his sentence would be suspended for the duration of his term but there’s not much precedent here).

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Maybe they'll charge Trump with the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance too?

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I think when we were kids we called it playing doctor...

Hes a former president elected by the American people, not a mobster. 

So suppressing the speech of a political rival is totally cool with you, got it. 

no honor among thieves

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/08/jack-smith-donald-trump-pac-00110279

There was significant tension between Clark and Giuliani over Trump’s strategy of contesting the results in Georgia, where Joe Biden narrowly won. Kerik described to the special counsel’s team a contentious phone call where Giuliani yelled at Clark and called him a liar, Parlatore said.

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

o suppressing the speech of a political rival is totally cool with you, got it

So enforcing the law is totally cool with me....FIFY

Edited by redtail hawk