The Walls be Closing

Kemp

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Maybe they'll charge Trump with the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance too?

he's had some pretty unsavory friends...who knows what stone and bannon were up to in those days. Oh, an Roy Cohn:

Cohn had represented mobsters in the past like Carmine Galante and Anthony Salerno. Salerno and Paul Castellano at the time controlled the concrete unions in Manhattan and, when Donald Trump needed concrete, he received it from union leader John Cody who was linked to mob boss Castellano.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Even if he violates the protective order, I imagine the judge is going to be very reluctant to revoke bail. Trump’s going to get a lot of leeway here that wouldn’t be available to people like us. It would probably take something obvious and egregious for that to happen. 

That being said, if it does happen he won’t be the first person to run for president from jail. And nothing prevents him from running from jail or even winning and serving while in jail (in that event, I imagine his sentence would be suspended for the duration of his term but there’s not much precedent here).

Sounds like that two-tiered justice system they keep talking about, eh?

On 6/25/2023 at 7:20 PM, BillsFanNC said:

F the commies and their two tiered justice system.

image.thumb.png.d2c5c83a66c1fd4ea6edbd98d6e885e0.png

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

no honor among thieves

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/08/jack-smith-donald-trump-pac-00110279

There was significant tension between Clark and Giuliani over Trump’s strategy of contesting the results in Georgia, where Joe Biden narrowly won. Kerik described to the special counsel’s team a contentious phone call where Giuliani yelled at Clark and called him a liar, Parlatore said.

So enforcing the law is totally cool with me....FIFY

My point was about the first amendment,  nice deflection though.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Sounds like that two-tiered justice system they keep talking about, eh?

image.thumb.png.d2c5c83a66c1fd4ea6edbd98d6e885e0.png

True. And while there’s no legal basis for treating an ex-president differently than a regular citizen in this context, I can’t say I blame the judge. I would probably do the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TSOL said:

My point was about the first amendment,  nice deflection though.

Don't mobsters hang out with mobsters?  Do business with them?  That whole birds of a feather thing...trump is scum.  No idea why you love him.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

True. And while there’s no legal basis for treating an ex-president differently than a regular citizen in this context, I can’t say I blame the judge. I would probably do the same thing. 

Why?

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

A doctor is required to be able to do math.  So...

You better tell Scott Hahn MD who was trump's FDA commissioner during covid.  He needs to hand over his license.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/08/25/905792261/fdas-hahn-apologizes-for-overselling-plasmas-benefits-as-a-covid-19-treatment

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Why?

I feel like it would end up complicating everything.

Revoking bail on a former president / current presidential candidate would be a huge story and something that Trump would immediately appeal, which could delay the proceedings. 

It’s clear that Trump isn’t interested in a strong defense or legal strategy, he just wants to delay until he can get elected and dismiss the case.

It’s a unique problem we have never seen before. 

Revoking his bail gives him another weapon to use for delay and to whip up his supporters.

That being said, if he really and truly, unambiguously starts attempting to intimidate witnesses, there may be no other choice. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I feel like it would end up complicating everything.

Revoking bail on a former president / current presidential candidate would be a huge story and something that Trump would immediately appeal, which could delay the proceedings. 

It’s clear that Trump isn’t interested in a strong defense or legal strategy, he just wants to delay until he can get elected and dismiss the case.

It’s a unique problem we have never seen before. 

Revoking his bail gives him another weapon to use for delay and to whip up his supporters.

That being said, if he really and truly, unambiguously starts attempting to intimidate witnesses, there may be no other choice. 

Thanks.  Makes sense.  Can you imagine being so stupid and desperate that you would want this criminal to be president?  It must hurt to be that dumb.  All the while spouting off about "law and order".

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Well, you have to realize all that they’ve been through.  

Covid was a gain-of-function bio-weapon virus created by Anthony Fauci himself, and the subsequent military operation perpetrated by China was aimed at ruining Trump’s presidency.  

The Democrats’ response to deaths by covid was a “lock-down” strategy to tank the stock market and further ruin Trunp’s presidency  - in addition to opening up the evil and twisted mail-in voting schemes that were rife with fraud.  

And despite Trump’s help with developing covid vaccines, they are actually poisonous and have microchips in them controlled by Bill Gates; and forcing health care workers and other professionals to get jabbed is un-American and an infringement upon our freedoms.  

Trump’s impeachment over the Ukraine business was also a hoax, Alexander Vindman is a traitor, and Trump’s call to Zelenskyy was perfect that day.  

And come on, there is no possible way that Joe Biden got more votes than Obama did in 2012 by running from his basement.  

Trump has thousands of patriots at his rallies and Joe can’t even fill a small parking lot!  The election was rigged.  Mike Lindell proved it.  I think.  Or maybe the Cyber Ninjas did.  I forgot.  Anyway, Mike Pence is a traitor for not “sending the electors back to the states” and the whole January 6th fiasco was started by ANTIFA and undercover FBI plants like Ray Epps to further embarrass Trump.  

And Nancy Pelosi was also completely responsible for not calling in the National Guard that day anyway, and the police LET PEOPLE INTO THE CAPITOL who then were arrested by the corrupt Merrick Garland.

Now the weaponized Biden DOJ is persecuting Trump so he can’t run in 2024.

If I was MAGA and was duped into believing all of that, I’d be upset too!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Covid was a gain-of-function bio-weapon virus created by Anthony Fauci himself, and the subsequent military operation perpetrated by China was aimed at ruining Trump’s presidency.  

The Democrats’ response to deaths by covid was a “lock-down” strategy to tank the stock market and further ruin Trunp’s presidency  - in addition to opening up the evil and twisted mail-in voting schemes that were rife with fraud.  

And despite Trump’s help with developing covid vaccines, they are actually poisonous and have microchips in them controlled by Bill Gates; and forcing health care workers and other professionals to get jabbed is un-American and an infringement upon our freedoms.  

Trump’s impeachment over the Ukraine business was also a hoax, Alexander Vindman is a traitor, and Trump’s call to Zelenskyy was perfect that day.  

And come on, there is no possible way that Joe Biden got more votes than Obama did in 2012 by running from his basement.  

Trump has thousands of patriots at his rallies and Joe can’t even fill a small parking lot!  The election was rigged.  Mike Lindell proved it.  I think.  Or maybe the Cyber Ninjas did.  I forgot.  Anyway, Mike Pence is a traitor for not “sending the electors back to the states” and the whole January 6th fiasco was started by ANTIFA and undercover FBI plants like Ray Epps to further embarrass Trump.  

And Nancy Pelosi was also completely responsible for not calling in the National Guard that day anyway, and the police LET PEOPLE INTO THE CAPITOL who then were arrested by the corrupt Merrick Garland.

excellent summation.  I'll add that China purposefully released the covid virus on the rest of the world always knowing it would tank their economy the worst.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/alarming-china-data-upsets-global-financial-markets-6dca8b15

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

Hes a former president elected by the American people, not a mobster. 

So suppressing the speech of a political rival is totally cool with you, got it. 

He’s having a press conference right now and can post whatever he wants on social media 

2 hours ago, 49er Fan said:

Still pales in comparison to what you all went through after you were so sure Hilly would win, that you bought Russian collusion and tore the country apart over it.  Congrats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Still pales in comparison to what you all went through after you were so sure Hilly would win, that you bought Russian collusion and tore the country apart over it.  Congrats.

trump tore the country apart.  purposefully.  and he's still doing it.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh really?  What a laughable statement.  How was the country “torn apart” exactly?

The Mueller investigation certainly proved a few things - that Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, that the Trump campaign welcomed that interference, and that Trump was willing to obstruct justice in the matter on no less than ten occasions to protect his MAGA brand.  Those are facts, and just because Mueller couldn’t prove collusion doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (and I am not suggesting that it did).  But when you have scumbags like Roger Stone using Wikileaks to disseminate DNC and Clinton’s personal emails, and Paul Manafort and Rudy Giuliani consorting with Russian intelligence agents, it certainly doesn’t look good. 

And before you bring up the Steele dossier, that was Republican opposition research on Trump started by his Republican rivals.  The Clinton campaign picked it up once Trump’s rivals were gone. It wasn’t leaked by anyone involved in Clinton’s campaign, and the Republicans in Congress used their subpoena power to try to bankrupt the company that funded it, GPS Fusion.

The Durham report was one of the biggest failures in the history of Federal law enforcement.  It amounted to one plea deal over an e-mail address on a FISA application (no jail time - probation) and two acquittals.  The people who were convicted under Trump?  Oh, he pardoned them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Oh really?  What a laughable statement.  How was the country “torn apart” exactly?

The Mueller investigation certainly proved a few things - that Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, that the Trump campaign welcomed that interference, and that Trump was willing to obstruct justice in the matter on no less than ten occasions to protect his MAGA brand.  Those are facts, and just because Mueller couldn’t prove collusion doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (and I am not suggesting that it did).  But when you have scumbags like Roger Stone using Wikileaks to disseminate DNC and Clinton’s personal emails, and Paul Manafort and Rudy Giuliani consorting with Russian intelligence agents, it certainly doesn’t look good. 

And before you bring up the Steele dossier, that was Republican opposition research on Trump started by his Republican rivals.  The Clinton campaign picked it up once Trump’s rivals were gone. It wasn’t leaked by anyone involved in Clinton’s campaign, and the Republicans in Congress used their subpoena power to try to bankrupt the company that funded it, GPS Fusion.

The Durham report was one of the biggest failures in the history of Federal law enforcement.  It amounted to one plea deal over an e-mail address on a FISA application (no jail time - probation) and two acquittals.  The people who were convicted under Trump?  Oh, he pardoned them.

best rebuttal of the russiagate talking points that I've seen including events I was not completely aware of.  Unfortunately, it won't sway "Doc".  truth is foreign to him.

• Like (+1) 3