The Walls be Closing

Kemp

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This may be true….or not….but if so then wouldn’t a court rule that he cannot RUN for President? 

Seems unlikely to me.

The Constitution sets the requirements for president and I personally don’t think the charges Trump is currently facing rise to the 14th Amendment’s disqualification clause.

Maybe if he ends up being charged with incitement to insurrection but I remain unconvinced that Jack Smith will bring that charge. 

Also, there’s a really weird and unsettled debate as to whether the President is an “officer of the United States.” So it’s not sure that clause can apply to the president at all. 

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Nobody knows for sure if Trump can control himself when faced with imprisonment.

I’m gonna go with he’s not gonna be able to control himself because he know that these judges won’t jail him

The real question is whenever he starts outing people that are going to testify against him, and they start getting death threats then what

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m gonna go with he’s not gonna be able to control himself because he know that these judges won’t jail him

The real question is whenever he starts outing people that are going to testify against him, and they start getting death threats then what

The FBI executes them? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If he does that, he's going to jail.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Seems unlikely to me.

The Constitution sets the requirements for president and I personally don’t think the charges Trump is currently facing rise to the 14th Amendment’s disqualification clause.

Maybe if he ends up being charged with incitement to insurrection but I remain unconvinced that Jack Smith will bring that charge. 

Also, there’s a really weird and unsettled debate as to whether the President is an “officer of the United States.” So it’s not sure that clause can apply to the president at all. 

Thanks Goose (honestly) 

So in short, it’s going to be a real clown show. But, I thought Smith already brought his charges. Was incitement one of them? 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Goose (honestly) 

So in short, it’s going to be a real clown show. But, I thought Smith already brought his charges. Was incitement one of them? 

Smith has brought charges and they do not include incitement. 

That doesn’t preclude him from bringing more charges though. I still think there’s a decent chance he charges wire fraud but I would be surprised by an incitement charge because it’d be so much harder to prove than the charges he’s already brought. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Smith has brought charges and they do not include incitement. 

That doesn’t preclude him from bringing more charges though. I still think there’s a decent chance he charges wire fraud but I would be surprised by an incitement charge because it’d be so much harder to prove than the charges he’s already brought. 

What’s the wire fraud charge about? I have to admit I don’t know that one. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s the wire fraud charge about? I have to admit I don’t know that one. 

So far, there is no wire fraud charge. I’m just guessing there might be in the future based on what we know. 

Trump has a PAC he set up to challenge the 2020 election and received tens of millions of dollars in donations. He seems to have been using that money for other things including paying for his personal attorneys. 

If he was using the money for things other than what the PAC’s stated purpose was, that would mean that he was inducing people to give him money under fraudulent pretenses. This is what Steve Bannon and the “Build the Wall PAC” people got in trouble for. 

From what we can tell, the Special Counsel has been asking witnesses about the PAC, so it’s on Smith’s radar. 

So I guess the questions are: was Trump a careful steward of other people’s money? If not, is there enough evidence to prove he wasn’t?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Wannabe cult leader spouts

Benito Gaetz: "I cannot stand these people that are destroying our country ... we know that only through force can we make any change in a corrupt town like Washington DC"

The Law and Order Party Strikes Again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Kemp