The Walls be Closing

Kemp

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Still pales in comparison to what you all went through after you were so sure Hilly would win, that you bought Russian collusion and tore the country apart over it.  Congrats.

Hoax.  Lay off the ivermectin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

trump tore the country apart.  purposefully.  and he's still doing it.

No, it was all the Dems.  I thought the attacks on Romney, who was a decent guy and is now somewhat respected by Dems because he hates Trump, were bad.  They took it to 11 with Trump.  I've never seen such a phenomenon before.

2 hours ago, 49er Fan said:

Oh really?  What a laughable statement.  How was the country “torn apart” exactly?

The Mueller investigation certainly proved a few things - that Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, that the Trump campaign welcomed that interference, and that Trump was willing to obstruct justice in the matter on no less than ten occasions to protect his MAGA brand.  Those are facts, and just because Mueller couldn’t prove collusion doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (and I am not suggesting that it did).  But when you have scumbags like Roger Stone using Wikileaks to disseminate DNC and Clinton’s personal emails, and Paul Manafort and Rudy Giuliani consorting with Russian intelligence agents, it certainly doesn’t look good. 

And before you bring up the Steele dossier, that was Republican opposition research on Trump started by his Republican rivals.  The Clinton campaign picked it up once Trump’s rivals were gone. It wasn’t leaked by anyone involved in Clinton’s campaign, and the Republicans in Congress used their subpoena power to try to bankrupt the company that funded it, GPS Fusion.

The Durham report was one of the biggest failures in the history of Federal law enforcement.  It amounted to one plea deal over an e-mail address on a FISA application (no jail time - probation) and two acquittals.  The people who were convicted under Trump?  Oh, he pardoned them.

Wait, you're saying the country wasn't torn apart during Trump's Presidency?  Or just not by Dems?

I hate to break it to you but Russia's been interfering with our elections for decades.  That's nothing new and the US does it to other countries as well.  Obama knew it was happening but did nothing.  You know why?  Because he saw what they were doing was a joke and every analysis of their efforts failed to show them changing a single person's mind/vote.  Meanwhile Comey is the one probably most responsible for Hilly losing with his last-minute announcement about re-opening the investigation into her deleting 30K emails off her private server. 

What did Trump do as a reward to repay Putin, if he colluded with Russia?  "Almost destroy NATO"...by demanding the other countries pay their fair share and make it stronger overall?  Is that Trump hotel in Moscow being built yet?

And the bolded part is interesting but what I have suspected all along: you are willing to believe something despite it being unproven, based on how it "look[s]," but when the other side does it (Biden being corrupt) it's "prove it!"

As for the Steele dossier, true it was originally commissioned by a Repub.  But it was DOA until Steele took it over and used Russian disinformation (like the "pee tape" laugher) and tried to pass it off as if it were the truth. 

Edited by Doc
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Roundybout said:

He’s having a press conference right now and can post whatever he wants on social media 

Actually, now that Trump is a criminal defendant in a Federal case, he is subject to the court’s orders until after the trial (or if he pleads out).  If the court determines that his “free speech” constitutes witness intimidation, or if he violates any of the other orders that he agreed to during his arraignment, then he can be punished by the judge by being held in contempt.  

Different ball game now that he’s an ordinary citizen. He is not going to be afforded any extra protections just because he is “running.”

5 hours ago, Doc said:

No, it was all the Dems.  I thought the attacks on Romney, who was a decent guy and is now somewhat respected by Dems because he hates Trump, were bad.  They took it to 11 with Trump.  I've never seen such a phenomenon before.

Wait, you're saying the country wasn't torn apart during Trump's Presidency?  Or just not by Dems?

I hate to break it to you but Russia's been interfering with our elections for decades.  That's nothing new and the US does it to other countries as well.  Obama knew it was happening but did nothing.  You know why?  Because he saw what they were doing was a joke and every analysis of their efforts failed to show them changing a single person's mind/vote.  Meanwhile Comey is the one probably most responsible for Hilly losing with his last-minute announcement about re-opening the investigation into her deleting 30K emails off her private server. 

What did Trump do as a reward to repay Putin, if he colluded with Russia?  "Almost destroy NATO"...by demanding the other countries pay their fair share and make it stronger overall?  Is that Trump hotel in Moscow being built yet?

And the bolded part is interesting but what I have suspected all along: you are willing to believe something despite it being unproven, based on how it "look[s]," but when the other side does it (Biden being corrupt) it's "prove it!"

As for the Steele dossier, true it was originally commissioned by a Repub.  But it was DOA until Steele took it over and used Russian disinformation (like the "pee tape" laugher) and tried to pass it off as if it were the truth. 

Oh boy……

21 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Actually, now that Trump is a criminal defendant in a Federal case, he is subject to the court’s orders until after the trial (or if he pleads out).  If the court determines that his “free speech” constitutes witness intimidation, or if he violates any of the other orders that he agreed to during his arraignment, then he can be punished by the judge by being held in contempt.  

Different ball game now that he’s an ordinary citizen. He is not going to be afforded any extra protections just because he is “running.”

The thing of it is, he is being allowed extra protections, but even though he’s an ordinary citizen

That’s where we’re at they don’t want to upset half like 30% of the population so he’s not actually sitting in a jail cell right now

And he should be

• Like (+1) 1

Liars and cheaters but stupid enough to put it on paper

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2023/aug/09/trump-secret-memo-2020-election-indictments-biden-energy-live-updates

Chesebro, identified as “co-conspirator 5” in the federal indictment of Trump, reportedly argued that the plan would focus attention on claims of voter fraud and “buy the Trump campaign more time to win litigation that would deprive Biden of electoral votes and/or add to Trump’s column”. He wrote in the memo:

I recognize that what I suggest is a bold, controversial strategy, and that there are many reasons why it might not end up being executed on Jan. 6. But as long as it is one possible option, to preserve it as a possibility it is important that the Trump-Pence electors cast their electoral votes on Dec. 14.

The document, described by prosecutors as the “fraudulent elector memo”, provides new details about how the plan originated and was discussed behind the scenes. The memo show the plan was a criminal plot to engineer “a fake controversy that would derail the proper certification of Biden as president-elect”, prosecutors said.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 8/8/2023 at 8:54 AM, BillsFanNC said:

Bring on #4!

When you're in a cult, you stop listening to evidence that makes your leader look bad. Is that surprising to anyone?

22 hours ago, Irv said:

Chis is a tongue-in-cheek reference to Chis farley and me being the same.  And, he is a scoundrel.  Agree with you 100%.  No need to free Irv.  It is too much work.  I just read through a thread about something similar with a former? poster, Deranged Rhino.  Although I am not familiar with him/her - didn't seem to help.  It's their sandbox.  They can do what they want if they disagree with your politics.  

What is it with you and sand?

Edited by Kemp
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TSOL said:

Hes a former president elected by the American people, not a mobster. 

So suppressing the speech of a political rival is totally cool with you, got it. 

He's both.

He's still free to speak. He's not free to comment on evidence in his trial or to threaten anyone involved in the case.

That is the set of rules you would have to live under, under similar circumstances. True or false?

Edited by Kemp

Republican strategists see trouble

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4144517-trumps-criminal-trials-prompt-gop-political-doomsday-alarms/

college-educated women.” 

“They have basically moved away from the Republican Party at this point and become a core part of the Democratic coalition,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they’re gone for good. With different candidates and a different appeal, I think many of them could come back to the Republicans. But Trump has driven away a great many college-educated women at this point.” 

At the same time, Republicans in competitive primaries need to be careful not to alienate Trump’s core supporters, who make up an estimated 30 to 40 percent of the GOP electorate.  

“If he is the nominee in 2024, he will be zero help. He’ll be a drag on the ticket, he will be a drag on Republicans, especially down-ballot Republicans,” said Brandon Scholz, a Republican strategist in Wisconsin, where Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D) is up for reelection.  

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Republican strategists see trouble

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4144517-trumps-criminal-trials-prompt-gop-political-doomsday-alarms/

college-educated women.” 

“They have basically moved away from the Republican Party at this point and become a core part of the Democratic coalition,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they’re gone for good. With different candidates and a different appeal, I think many of them could come back to the Republicans. But Trump has driven away a great many college-educated women at this point.” 

At the same time, Republicans in competitive primaries need to be careful not to alienate Trump’s core supporters, who make up an estimated 30 to 40 percent of the GOP electorate.  

“If he is the nominee in 2024, he will be zero help. He’ll be a drag on the ticket, he will be a drag on Republicans, especially down-ballot Republicans,” said Brandon Scholz, a Republican strategist in Wisconsin, where Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D) is up for reelection.  

Do the Dems jail Trump and risk losing this advantage?

22 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Do the Dems jail Trump and risk losing this advantage?

the dems don't decide.  the justice system does. personally, I hope he's convicted ASAP.  As Littig said, we need two strong parties.  R's won't be strong til he's gone.  besides that, reportedly incarceration doesn't preclude him running.  So jail and him winning the primary would be the daily double.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Who will they indict nex?  The janitor that changes the TP and paper towels in the public restrooms in Mar-a-Lago?

If he did something illegal.

BTW, do guests at Mar a Lago even use TP or do they smear their feces on walls like they did at the Capitol?

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Still pales in comparison to what you all went through after you were so sure Hilly would win, that you bought Russian collusion and tore the country apart over it.  Congrats.

Yeah, like when the Dems tried to overthrow the government.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1