Bills hosting/hosted David Edwards on visit

gonzo1105

Depending on price of course, this would be a sort of the low risk high reward sort of signing that could pay off big time.  If you look at his 2020 and 2021 play before he was injured he was rated as decently above average in both pass and run blocking.  He was on his way to be considered a potential upper echelon guard in this league.

I would think if the Bills could sign him to 2 year 8 Million deal with about  3 of that guaranteed it would be worth the gamble.

He could end up supplanting Bates as the starter.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Pretty clear that Beane learned nothing over the last few years.  He is still not willing to make real, dramatic, positive changes in the O Line. 

More mediocrity or worse, as is the case here.

Love the Bills, but losing faith for the first time that this GM will lead them to a championship.

He can't see what is right of front of us--the Bills need to upgrade their offensive line, and offense, in a dramatic way this off season.

While I like the signing of McGovern, the lack of any significant movement on the O-Line and on a high caliber wide out, and a new linebacker, are all very discouraging.

Maybe he should have thought into the future a bit before shelling out huge guaranteed bucks for a 32 year old linebacker, clearly on the decline? Could have signed two high level starting O lineman for that money, players that would have could have helped the Bills take the next step.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He’s already proven to be better than Bates, he doesn’t have the RAS athletic upside, and I am a Bates fan, Edwards is better imo. 

If brought in, he’s legit competition, at the same time, the injury questions maybe make him cheap. 

this is the perfect signing type imo. it may or may not work, but the risk/reward on these types of signings are great when you look at them as a numbers game. a handful of these types should be made every year

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Pretty clear that Beane learned nothing over the last few years.  He is still not willing to make real, dramatic, positive changes in the O Line. 

Love the Bills, but losing faith for the first time that this GM will lead them to a championship.

He can't see what is right of front of us--the Bills need to upgrade their offensive line, and offense, in a dramatic way this off season.

While I like the signing of McGovern, the lack of any significant movement on the O-Line and on a high caliber wide out, and a new linebacker, are all very discouraging.

Maybe he should have thought into the future a bit before shelling out huge guaranteed bucks for a 32 year old linebacker, clearly on the decline? Could have signed two high level starting O lineman for that money, players that would have could have helped the Bills take the next step.

It’s March 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Very short term mem here. Von in no way looked in decline, we looked amazing on D till he got hurt.  that type of injury had nothing to do with age or his history, it was a reg football injury. troll. we also have a draft. people were saying the same thing about poyer and hyde when we signed them. they cant all be top end signings, part of a gms job is to take calculated risks on players with potential that havent quite materialized yet.  but please dont let that stop your emotional driven pitchforking

• Like (+1) 3

Low risk potential signing. For a team that passes as much as the Bills do like they are focusing on players whose strengths appear to be pass blocking. Time will tell if they work out but with money being limited by the salary cap. Glad the team realizes the biggest issue last year was the offensive line and they are looking at different ways to fix that this offseason.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

You keep lists??? Who ARE you?

I'm a Bills fan and football fan in general. So towards the end of the season I look up upcoming UFAs and see who'se available and evaluate guys and see if think they'd fit in here. I mentally keep track of guys aka list that think fit in. I brought up his name in other threads before etc. I've been doing it for years, I still remember posting years ago that the Bills might go after a QB from Seattle named Travis Brown before it happened. As think he had a tie to one of our coaches or GM at the time. 

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

But he always forgets his wife's birthday. Just saying.

Actually I don't forget it, as her birthday a week before Christmas. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Very short term mem here. Von in no way looked in decline, we looked amazing on D till he got hurt.  that type of injury had nothing to do with age or his history, it was a reg football injury. troll. we also have a draft. people were saying the same thing about poyer and hyde when we signed them. they cant all be top end signings, part of a gms job is to take calculated risks on players with potential that havent quite materialized yet.  but please dont let that stop your emotional driven pitchforking

Really? The guy hasn’t had a 10 sack year since 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He likely would have gotten 10 sacks with us had he played the whole season. 

But he didn’t because he’s now old and breaking down. Hell now have missed the equivalent of 2 seasons (assuming he’s not ready by October) in the last 5 years. Because he’s old. 

hope I’m wrong and I do believe he’s an absolute freak and warrior. But Father Time never loses. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.