RT in First Round

QLBillsFan

Outside of LB the Bills greatest need is RT. I’ve been a big SB fan but last year he fell back. BB has mentioned his injury and lack of prep leading into the season. Also blocking in the NFL vs at NI is an adjustment. All that is true but just bringing in a vet to compete isn’t enough. Our QB is Josh Allen let’s continue to improve around him. Harrison from Oklahoma or Jones from Ohio State in the 1st. If SB wins the job great but most likely he become the back up. What do you all think ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 8

I think Trenton Simpson is more likely the pick at 27 to replace Tremaine unless maybe Dalton Kincaid or a wr they covet falls to them. Round two is the more likely spot to grab a RT. I've been pushing for Matthew Bergeron -- seems to my mostly uneducated eye that he has some positional flexibility, so G and RT are possibilities.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I think Trenton Simpson is more likely the pick at 27 to replace Tremaine unless maybe Dalton Kincaid or a wr they covet falls to them. Round two is the more likely spot to grab a RT. I've been pushing for Matthew Bergeron -- seems to my mostly uneducated eye that he has some positional flexibility, so G and RT are possibilities.

Bergeron in Rd 2 would be nice.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

This seems most likely to me as well. Well done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not sure about the first pick, but via FA or by round 2 we really need to draft a tackle. We only have Dawkins and Brown on the roster right now (I don’t count Doyle coming off injury or practice squad guys as real depth). Darnell Wright, Matt Bergeron,  Blake Freeland, Wanya Morris all would be worth Rd 2 capital tho some will be gone before then

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

I’ll take Campbell then at RT in the second. I think my bigger point is not someone to just push SB but to get better at RT. LB and RT first 2 picks. 

And I think that is why they don’t make the move to draft RT early. You aren’t going to find a rookie who will come in and be better than Brown right out of the gate. Maybe Pete Skoronski, though I think he is a guard. 

As it currently stands I think the will be looking for offensive pkaymakers, a LB, and DBs

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bergeron in Rd 2 would be nice.  

I can only "internet" scout college players.  He played some guard in the Senior Bowl too.

He fits my drafted OL player to push Spencer and hopefully moves to RG for years if Spencer breaks out the way I think he will.

I don't watch much college ball so that's all I got.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If the Bills are going LB it better be in round 1 or 2 after a trade down. This LB class flat out sucks. 

I also don’t think that Simpson is a good MLB prospect he’s better in the Milano role. 

If they don’t get Campbell or Drew Sanders you might as well wait until later like around 4 and get a Williams from Tulane or like him. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I like Spencer Brown on the field, but not as an edge blocker. Using their top pick on an OT and kicking Brown inside is the best solution I can see for the Bills to quickly and efficiently improve an OLine that desperately needs it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Not happening. This regime, going back to Carolina has never done that. It’s the best path to being mediocre. 

The Bills are on the path to being mediocre now, huh?

This place is unreal.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I like Spencer Brown on the field, but not as an edge blocker. Using their top pick on an OT and kicking Brown inside is the best solution I can see for the Bills to quickly and efficiently improve an OLine that desperately needs it.

Hmm not sure. I’m not saying I’m out on SB at RT. He or another player need to improve that spot. He certainly can run block. Just not sure if with his height inside will work? That’s a solve for our OL coach who is supposed to be a guru. But last year was disappointing with respect to our OL development. 

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills are on the path to being mediocre now, huh?

This place is unreal.

Yeah I get you. I wasn’t sure where that was going. Yes the Bills are in fact a SB contender. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

I believe he’s just to tall to play effectively inside. DTs would get under his pads and he’d be a liability there also. I just don’t think he has the feet to be anything more than a backup in the league TBH. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

Brown is not and will never be an interior guy. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I believe he’s just to tall to play effectively inside. DTs would get under his pads and he’d be a liability there also. I just don’t think he has the feet to be anything more than a backup in the league TBH. 

Yeah, those feet are probably in insurmountable problem. 

My hope is that he is so damned strong that the leverage problem is one that he might be able to overcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.