Jump to content

Bucs Release Leonard Fournette


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seems to me that Fournette for around $3M is the answer to the RB question.

I wanted him BEFORE he went to Tampa.  Just turned 28 but his snap count won't be crazy.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/16/buccaneers-make-release-of-leonard-fournette-official/

 

I've been shouting for him for 2 years now.  Tough runner, can get 3 yards when needed

Just now, Draconator said:

No No No GIF

 

Yeah much better to watch one of our flyweight RBs bounce off the back of our OL 3 yards behind the LoS

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah much better to watch one of our flyweight RBs bounce off the back of our OL 3 yards behind the LoS

Fournette was good. He's pretty much done. Free agent money can be better spent somewhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seems to me that Fournette for around $3M is the answer to the RB question.

I wanted him BEFORE he went to Tampa.  Just turned 28 but his snap count won't be crazy.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/16/buccaneers-make-release-of-leonard-fournette-official/

 

He just turned 28? Why did I think he was much older? Seems like he’s been around forever! Not quite Frank Gore, but a well worn tire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i think he makes sense. doesnt have the best hands out of the back field, but hes a tougher runner than motor. not sure how he is on pass blocking

 

73 catches on 83 targets last year.  He's over 80% catch rate for his career.  Seems pretty good to me.

 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

He just turned 28? Why did I think he was much older? Seems like he’s been around forever! Not quite Frank Gore, but a well worn tire. 

 

Bills only need him to spell Cook and use him in some 3rd down situations.  I think he is a fit IF he can stay healthy.

I sure hope Beane is going to bring him in quick for a workout.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

 

I've been shouting for him for 2 years now.  Tough runner, can get 3 yards when needed

 

Yeah much better to watch one of our flyweight RBs bounce off the back of our OL 3 yards behind the LoS

3 yards is about all you'll get. Not interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

 

Buc line was a disaster last year.  He got 4.5 the previous year.

He has been sub 4 most of his career.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Fournette was good. He's pretty much done. Free agent money can be better spent somewhere else.

Yeah I'm kinda done considering chasing big name RB's. Just go out and find an udfa power back that costs you nothing for 4 years. Cook & Hines + udfa.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...