2023 NCAA Hoops Tournament

Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

#13 Furman wins over UVA as well. I never would have guessed that either. What percentage of brackets are ruined already? Like 97%??? 

fwiw an hour or so ago my son was on a site that that .12% of the brackets were alive for a perfect bracket.

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

fwiw an hour or so ago my son was on a site that that .12% of the brackets were alive for a perfect bracket.

Between Princeton and Furman alone, I completely believe that. 

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Impressive upset picks for those in the .12%

Kansas looked the most dominant out of the top teams I've seen so far.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

#13 Furman wins over UVA as well. I never would have guessed that either. What percentage of brackets are ruined already? Like 97%??? 

After Princeton and Furman less than .5% left. The Furman game was crazy, they had a lot more fans there than I expected. 

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

After Princeton and Furman less than .5% left. The Furman game was crazy, they had a lot more fans there than I expected. 

Was that in Orlando? I’ve been to the tournament in Orlando several times. Great memories! 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Was that in Orlando? I’ve been to the tournament in Orlando several times. Great memories! 

Yeah- the first session had decent seats for like $30. Second session was $80 to get in the building. It is a great event live. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

The irony of the day.  Looks like this guy made a Josh Allen pass 4 years ago only to make a Nathan Peterman pass today.

It’s what makes this one of the best things in the sports universe! 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember back in my working days when everybody had “appointments” outside the bank the first week of the tournament. We skillfully crafted a cover story to get away, then we all showed up at the same sports bar to watch the tournament!  😂 

Xavier vs Kennesaw State at 12:40 today. I hope yesterdays upsets were adequate warning for my #3 seed Xavier! 

If you missed the Xavier vs Kennesaw St game, find the highlights. X was up big early, down 13 in the 2nd half and came back to win. Blocked a layup with about 13 seconds left (yep) that would have lost the lead. Win or lose, HUGE entertainment! 

Survive and advance!

I love this tournament!!!  

I’m volunteering to be a Tennessee fan for the day as they take on the Pompous Dookies. 

EDIT: Right on cue, Duke player has an embarrassing flop. And they get the call. Ridiculous. 

EDIT #2: The same guy just did it AGAIN! They really are insufferable. And the refs just give them calls. It’s like getting too close to Brady, you know a call is coming. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

#15 Princeton in the sweet 16!! With two #1 seeds already sent home Houston is on upset watch. Currently losing by 10 to #9 Auburn.

Princeton with a 4% acceptance rate. Mizzou at 76%. Love the Cinderella stories. 

• Agree 1

Alright now, Xavier advances to the Sweet 16 with an 11 point win over Pitt. I can breathe easily now….until next weekend when we face Texas. 

Love being the first game so I can just enjoy everything that comes later. 

Shortly after we moved to Atlanta Xavier played in the Sweet 16 here, and Kentucky was on the other side of our draw. Kentucky fans may be annoying, but they travel like CRAZY for their team. They filled up this city! They don’t win much with Calipari, but they attend with the best of them! 

Background: I've been running a knockout (ko) pool for Madness for a few years. 64 entrants, everyone gets randomly assigned a team, if your team wins and covers you move on. If your team doesn't cover the other guy steals your team and moves on. Got the following text from my lawyer friend that I thought was humorous:

I have been out of touch with everything super busy at work havent seen a second of an ncaa game just checked into my hotel in albany for a trial

Had no idea games were in albany

#$%@#% indiana marching band is playing in lobby

and I have miami  playing indiana tonight in ko pool

im gonna get my ass kicked in hotel bar

So, Think this was in Winston Salem but it was somewhere in NC...My wife and mother in law were in the same hotel as Dick Vitale and his crew. At the complimentary breakfast he started hitting on her and she said "Who the hell are you?"  went back to her eggs and sausage.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.