Diggs unfollows Buffalo, follows Cowgirls 🤷‍♂️

DaggersEOD

On 3/11/2023 at 8:14 PM, Mango said:

If Diggs forces a trade I hope to god it is to the Jordan Love lead Green Bay Packers. 

Diggs isn’t going anywhere, these articles are just click bait.  He has massive cap hits this year and next.  Bills would take a major step back if they traded him losing their best playmaker and chewing up over $40m in dead cap hits the next 2 years.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Diggs isn’t going anywhere

Agreed to an extent. But I cannot with 100% confidence say Diggs won't ask to leave and/or force his way out. However I think its highly unlikely. 

these articles are just click bait. 

Diggs likes to troll. He always has. And likely always will. One hand washes the other here. 

He has massive cap hits this year and next....chewing up over $40m in dead cap hits the next 2 years.  

Some body pointed out that Diggs in a post June 1 move could end up being $10M this year, and $7M the following. If true it is not as daunting as $40M.

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills would take a major step back if they traded him losing their best playmaker

Totally agree. Trading him would be a bad roster move from a talent perspective. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Some body pointed out that Diggs in a post June 1 move could end up being $10M this year, and $7M the following. If true it is not as daunting as $40M.

It would be $12m after June 1st and $24m next year based on everything I have read.  Haven’t seen one source say 10 and 7.  So I would say until I see a source confirming it’s much lower, then I think that’s likely incorrect.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Diggs is trolling, he has always been a huge troll. It is something that has always bothered me about him. 

Like he casually posts something super weird but also casually related to him, or his team, or his status, and then goes "nah, you just don't get me". 

This doesn't mean please get rid of Diggs. But the patronizing drives me crazy. 

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

Diggs is trolling, he has always been a huge troll. It is something that has always bothered me about him. 

Like he casually posts something super weird but also casually related to him, or his team, or his status, and then goes "nah, you just don't get me". 

This doesn't mean please get rid of Diggs. But the patronizing drives me crazy. 

So, you're saying... Diggs is trolling, and you're biting?

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

So, you're saying... Diggs is trolling, and you're biting?

No, biting is “oh man, what could this possibly mean”.

What I am saying is that I just find the whole intent to rile up his teams fan base just so he can point out how “above it all” he is disrespectful.

6 hours ago, Mango said:

Some body pointed out that Diggs in a post June 1 move could end up being $10M this year, and $7M the following. If true it is not as daunting as $40M

I think "Some body" is mis-understanding what they read on OverTheCap, which is a bit confusing.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

In a trade designated "post June 1", it's true that Diggs would cost $11.8M against the cap this season, as his guaranteed salary would go to the trade partner.

But Diggs has a $7.5M prorated bonus due in '24, '25, and '26, then $3.2M due in '27.  That sums to $25.7M dead cap hit in 2024 for the Bills if they trade him, and designate the trade their single "post-June 1" move.  $11.8M + $25.7M  = $37.5M, which agrees with the dead cap hit reported for a pre-June 1 trade.

I think you know this, but also to be understood is that in a post-June 1 scenario, Diggs counts against the Bills cap at his current $20.3M cap number until after June 1.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

No, biting is “oh man, what could this possibly mean”.

What I am saying is that I just find the whole intent to rile up his teams fan base just so he can point out how “above it all” he is disrespectful.

LOL Bease called him out

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.