The pic that ruined my morning. Starting to have similar feelings for Mahomes as I did for Brady

StHustle

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

He is the best quarterback in the league, and it is not even close.

He had two less INTs than Josh this season. Has a top 5 O line so doesn’t suffer as much contact in the pocket which eliminates fumble opportunities. Swap Mahomes for Josh and see if “it is not even close”

I agree Mahomes is better but to say it’s not even close is ridiculous. Josh can do everything Mahomes can. Mahomes can’t do everything Josh can. Better coaching is a HUGE advantage.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He had two less INTs than Josh this season. Has a top 5 O line so doesn’t suffer as much contact in the pocket which eliminates fumble opportunities. Swap Mahomes for Josh and see if “it is not even close”

I agree Mahomes is better but to say it’s not even close is ridiculous. Josh can do everything Mahomes can. Mahomes can’t do everything Josh can. Better coaching is a HUGE advantage.

I would have said the same about Josh last year after the 13 seconds game. Things change and maybe this time next year, it will be someone else. Right now though, Mahomes is backing it up with all the hardware and stats.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Exactly they want two ones for Lamar imagine what Josh would fetch on the open market a franchise qb at 26 with a very team friendly deal compared to others that are about to sign a deal 

I mean, Josh was the highest paid QB in the league when he signed his contract. I think there are some really bad QB contracts right now. I think Allen’s received a fair value contract. 

This makes it seem like he took some sort of Brady discount, which isn’t even close to the case. 

For reference there are only 3 teams in the league with the current cap space to fit in Allen’s 2023 cap number. It’s not cheap. But just about everybody would find a way to make it work. 

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

He did but it was the gameplan and OL that was the real MVP last night. KC had tons of easy completions,  that staff did a great job setting him up for success.  Wish our guy had the same luxury 🙄

The entire Chiefs team had a lot of luck last night which also helps

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I mean, Josh was the highest paid QB in the league when he signed his contract. I think there are some really bad QB contracts right now. I think Allen’s received a fair value contract. 

This makes it seem like he took some sort of Brady discount, which isn’t even close to the case. 

For reference there are only 3 teams in the league with the current cap space to fit in Allen’s 2023 cap number. It’s not cheap. But just about everybody would find a way to make it work. 

Exactly let’s deal him to the Seahawks since they were trying to acquire him in 2018 those two ones and then next years 1  you can draft Anthony Richardson and Josh can be on the west coast.
The Bills will of course finish last in the division the next 3 years or so. At least we can watch Josh in the NFC playoffs 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

He played near perfect. Completely mistake free.

Folks keep saying “he didn’t do anything Josh can’t do” which is true. But he also didn’t do things that Josh does a lot, like make boneheaded decisions and throws.

This is exactly correct! 

Physically, there was absolutely NOTHING Brady could do that Josh can't either...

But what about what he did mentally?  What about the mistakes he didn't make? What about the consistency?

It's all that stuff that separates Josh from the very best in the sport.

He's still a top 3 or 4 guy IMO, and that's still plenty good enough to win a SB with, or even a bunch of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Exactly let’s deal him to the Seahawks since they were trying to acquire him in 2018 those two ones and then next years 1  you can draft Anthony Richardson and Josh can be on the west coast.
The Bills will of course finish last in the division the next 3 years or so. At least we can watch Josh in the NFC playoffs 

I have been critical of Allen because he can be and needs to be better to beat Mahomes. But I wouldn’t trade him for almost anything. 

Unsure if you’re being serious or trolling. 

• Agree 1

Has there been a first round Qb in the history of the NFL that went to a better situation than Mahomes? Maybe Marino. The Chiefs were consistently winning their division with Alex ***** Smith at QB, they just couldn’t get over the hump. 

Edited by BananaB

There were times in the past few years where Mahomes and the Chiefs bothered me. In 2020 midseason when we were elite but hadn't won the division yet or a playoff game, through that postseason and offseason, I hated that Mahomes and the Chiefs might be a roadblock - we hadn't shown an ability to compete with them and they looked poise to block us and the rest of the AFC for years to come. And then early this year when things were going well but the chiefs kept winning too, my head was too high in the sky, because of our playoff offense last year, the offseason expectations, and the Bills' performance through the bye week. I was picturing allen as perennial MVP, expecting the 1 seed, and felt like we had things figured out. 

The events of the last couple months humbled me to how hard this all is, and helped get me in a healthier headspace. The Chiefs are on a level we and nobody else will reach until they're done. But the Bills have also shown they can compete with them and beat them. They don't give me any sort of doomed feeling like they used to, even though I still respect them more than any opponent. I just want to enjoy this stretch of franchise history, enjoy our qb, and trust that he will get us one super bowl victory. That's all I need. And Mahomes being Mahomes makes it harder for Allen to be like Mahomes in achievements, but doesn't make it that much more unlikely for him to get ONE.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, StHustle said:

BAD201-E4-4-BD4-49-BB-8-A87-BCFC3-E16-AA

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

If this was Allen it would be your wallpaper 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, StHustle said:

BAD201-E4-4-BD4-49-BB-8-A87-BCFC3-E16-AA

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

He did nothing amazing? Leading his team, on a bum leg, to a Super Bowl victory, throwing 3 TDs along the way.

You guys/gals are something else.

You dream of Josh one day having Patrick's resume.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

31 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He did nothing amazing? Leading his team, on a bum leg, to a Super Bowl victory, throwing 3 TDs along the way.

You guys/gals are something else.

You dream of Josh one day having Patrick's resume.  

I dream of Josh having an OL that Patrick has. It would also help if he didn't have Sean "Marvin Lewis" McDermott as his coach. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.