The Super Bowl winning team just gave up 35 points in a Championship game.

Beast

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

If our d is top 8-12, then that should be good enough if we get Allen a brick wall and another elite weapon. No reason whatsoever to draft defense except for maybe on day 3. 

Agreed but it will never happen that way with McDermott in charge. And yes I mean McDermott IS in charge of the organization, not Beane. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Agreed but it will never happen that way with McDermott in charge. And yes I mean McDermott IS in charge of the organization, not Beane. 

Not saying I disagree, but it’s getting harder and harder for McD to justify all the defense after each year. He’s gotten so many resources and yet they continue to crap their pants in big games. Tonight illustrated exactly why you need to change course and do right by your qb. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, whorlnut said:

Not saying I disagree, but it’s getting harder and harder for McD to justify all the defense after each year. He’s gotten so many resources and yet they continue to crap their pants in big games. Tonight illustrated exactly why you need to change course and do right by your qb. 

I’d agree. But McDermott is stubborn and confident in his beliefs. And as the person in charge of this franchise id be shocked if he did anything outside his comfort zone. He will justify reasons why defense must still be taken often and early in each draft. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

I am the biggest fan of Edmunds but how do you justify giving him a big contract? 

Let him and Poyer walk.

Get Allen some speed and protection and the Bills will be on stage at this time next season.

Enough said!

he’s one of the toughest calls. The modern league is essentially build an offense and a pass rush and then be opportunistic on the back end.

edmunds does a lot well but he’s not ending many drives with turnovers, sacks, or broken up passes. He doesn’t set an emotional tenor for those around him. He seems fine at getting the defender set but never hear exceptional stories of hot reads and audibles. At some point you can’t pay guys simply for being very good at ILB on a mature roster. He’s got to be the identity not the role player. I have a hard time seeing him cross that threshold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Well the team that lost scored 35…so if they could actually make a few stops they win. You can look at it like, 35 should be enough. But you had no defense when it mattered. Hold them to 34 and you win…works both ways

And the Eagles were looked upon as having the best defense in the league. And they gave up 38 points in a Championship game.

it doesn’t work both ways. This is an offensive league. The Bills front office and coaching staff need to get with the times or get get the hell out of town.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I’d agree. But McDermott is stubborn and confident in his beliefs. And as the person in charge of this franchise id be shocked if he did anything outside his comfort zone. He will justify reasons why defense must still be taken often and early in each draft. 

Then he needs to ask himself…do I want to win?  His philosophy hasn’t worked and I don’t think it ever will at this rate. Beane needs to make sure they even this thing out and draft elite offense. Allen deserves that. The team deserves that. The fans deserve that. 

If I’m pegula, I’m telling him he either changes some things or next offseason might have him on the hot seat. Being stubborn is one thing, but being stupid is another. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Patriots gave up 33 and lost. 

It happens. 

I can't believe how bad the Eagles D was.

get used to modern football. You will see a lot of games that are shootouts decided by either last possession and or an elite pass rush wrecking things at a key moment. 

the fear is ours is old and currently injured and on the other side we don’t have the depth of playmakers. It’s a real rough crossroads at the moment.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

And the Eagles were looked upon as having the best defense in the league. And they gave up38 points.

Well, 31 actually since Hurts fumbled, and KC scored on that play. But I hear you.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

I am the biggest fan of Edmunds but how do you justify giving him a big contract? 

Let him and Poyer walk.

Get Allen some speed and protection and the Bills will be on stage at this time next season.

Enough said!

Yes but if the Eagles made a few stops they win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.