Rihanna-A boring halftime performance

Billsfan1972

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t think we’ll see a country or rock act ever again for the SB halftime show.

It's stupid they only want to appeal to those who like pop. As if there aren't thousands of people who also like other styles. Maybe Garth brooks or Blake Shelton if they promise to sniff their nut cheese. Idk

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The point of the show is that 90% of those watching the show have never seen these performers live so it is about the performance and putting.on a show.  The chores and whole look was boring.

However listening to these entertainment shows all are fawning.  

Ot was very boring and I'm fine with her music.

Putting on a SB half-time show featuring chores is always going to be a risky prop in a pure entertainment sense.

She put more energy into commercials for show than show.

And that one number had her in red rubber suit reminding me of a show with a guy in an inflatable suit bouncing all around the stage.

23 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's stupid they only want to appeal to those who like pop. As if there aren't thousands of people who also like other styles. Maybe Garth brooks or Blake Shelton if they promise to sniff their nut cheese. Idk

They should get two bands do a joint performance like Chicago & Earth Wind and Fire did in 2004 at the Greek Theatre,  Completely different styles but they pulled it off.  Bands could also do pre- and post- shows for paying customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqi3WOIwjA8

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Shocker this board didn’t like the halftime show.  Every year, this board of old wet blankets starts all these threads about hating the halftime show even when it’s mostly regarded as great.  

I feel like the only halftime show that would get any positive threads here would be some old timer artist or band.  Anything other than that and this board revolts lol.

Last years halftime show won an Emmy, board still hated it lol.  

Emmys, Oscars, and Grammys  all such nowadays too.

The halftime show was wildly meh.. and I don’t mind Rihanna’s music at all.  

I can’t remember a single moment of the show.  Might as well just played one of those random Amazon Music concerts they keep trying to hype people on after Thursday Night Football. 

Should’ve brought Ye out during “All of the Lights”… everyone I know thought that was about to happen … and then, meh, next song, more forgettable bubble dancers. 

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

have you been following the news in the past year or so?

Kendrick Lamar talks about smashing a white girl for ancestral revenge in his most recent album.  

Eminem’s lyrics … ha, ok…

Ye says stupid stuff .. but it’s the wrong stupid stuff.  Yeezus Ye would’ve been able to perform, but not “this” Ye.. alright, sorry .. I don’t accept that premise.   I get why corporate NFL can’t bring him on .. but it’s performative bs. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Went back and watched without the crowded house and such…. 

I’ll say some of the staging/cinematography was stunning. Maybe left a little on the table but super cool for the most part. 

choreography of her dancers still not my favorite, but a little better than first impression

setlist and stringing the medley together clicked even less under scrutiny though. Would be curious the thought process on a few transitions. 

looking back through her catalogue still amazed the ultimate collaborator went 100% solo. Could’ve had so many artists. Heck. Even if wanting to sidestep that image they could’ve had asap do something to be a part of actually announcing the pregnancy via song. It just needed some sort of extra punch to create the iconic moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/12/2023 at 10:48 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

The whole floating platform thing seemed promising at first, but they went absolutely nowhere with it.  Her performance seemed flat and uninspired, and the Michelin Man dancers were ridiculous looking.  Not a fan. 

Really? That was my favorite part…😉

21 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Went back and watched without the crowded house and such…. 

I’ll say some of the staging/cinematography was stunning. Maybe left a little on the table but super cool for the most part. 

choreography of her dancers still not my favorite, but a little better than first impression

setlist and stringing the medley together clicked even less under scrutiny though. Would be curious the thought process on a few transitions. 

looking back through her catalogue still amazed the ultimate collaborator went 100% solo. Could’ve had so many artists. Heck. Even if wanting to sidestep that image they could’ve had asap do something to be a part of actually announcing the pregnancy via song. It just needed some sort of extra punch to create the iconic moment. 

Jay Z was in the building! Why not convince him to come out for the “we gonna run this town tonight” song. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.