Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

4 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Believe me or not- I don’t really care.

However, I am friends with a current bills player. The beef between Josh and Diggs is real. They had a big blow up in the immediate aftermath of the bengals game.  The player said their relationship is, and has been, “interesting”. They can be like brothers, but Josh walks on eggshells with Diggs and often has to “be the bigger person” in their spats, largely to keep the peace and keep the offense in tact. For what it’s worth, the player said that there seems to be wearing on Josh and he is starting to push back, which may put a permanent strain on their relationship.

I've got some ocean front property for sale in arizona, you interested?

7 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

However, I am friends with a current bills player. The beef between Josh and Diggs is real. They had a big blow up in the immediate aftermath of the bengals game.  The player said their relationship is, and has been, “interesting”. They can be like brothers, but Josh walks on eggshells with Diggs and often has to “be the bigger person” in their spats, largely to keep the peace and keep the offense in tact. For what it’s worth, the player said that there seems to be wearing on Josh and he is starting to push back, which may put a permanent strain on their relationship.

Don’t get how Diggs is being the bigger person if it’s Josh who walks on eggshells. Otherwise, that would add up with Diggs’ coldness towards Josh in the Dan Patrick interview.

11 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

This is bad. And I 100% believe you. It makes sense with what we saw against the Bengals, Diggs laying into Allen on the sideline and Allen just staring straight ahead ignoring it as if he's been through this a thousand times before. It's hard enough for an NFL offense to function without the QB having to worry about how one of his targets will react to any given choice he makes. It's why the Chiefs got rid of Tyreek Hill, they didn't like that he was demanding the ball which put pressure on Mahomes to force throws to him instead of taking the best available option.

I really don't like where this is heading.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is one of the dumbest media-created stories I've seen in a while.

One brother is 12 months away from being a UFA as things currently stand, the other is signed through 2027...Both their respective teams are over the projected 2023 cap...Yet every bit of all the speculation is that the brothers would unite on the team that has to make some serious maneuvers just to re-sign the younger brother to what will certainly be a massive CB contract. And the potential dead cap ramifications to Buffalo for trading Diggs prior to the 2026 off-season are substantial. The lowest dead cap amount before 2026 is 18.2 million in 2025...I mean sure...Anything is possible...But the odds are ridiculously high. 

It's a non story...And as massively unlikely as it is, I think it's a little more likely the Bills could bring the younger brother in after 2024 assuming he does not re-sign and is franchised for one year. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

What else have you heard?

Did they say anything about what the sense of the team is as far as their needs go?  Is there an acknowledgement they need to get more weapons and improve the OL?  

Feelings about Dorsey or Frazier?

41 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

What else have you heard?

Did they say anything about what the sense of the team is as far as their needs go?  Is there an acknowledgement they need to get more weapons and improve the OL?  

Feelings about Dorsey or Frazier?

I haven’t heard much about Dorsey or Frazier. I don’t get the sense he like to talk poorly about current players/coaches. The player is an offensive player and one thing that is interesting is he said that if he has an option to play for daboll im the future, he would love to. He said daboll is the best coach he ever had (he said this last off-season, before it was as obvious how good a coach Daboll is). 

He hasn't said much about specific needs but he said that the bills biggest offensive problem is the lack of efficiency at getting 6-8 yards when they just need to move the chains. He said that skill is what made Brady the Goat, and what the bengals and chiefs do at a much higher level than we do. He said he wasn’t sure whether Josh, other personnel, or scheme where most to blame for this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I haven’t heard much about Dorsey or Frazier. I don’t get the sense he like to talk poorly about current players/coaches. The player is an offensive player and one thing that is interesting is he said that if he has an option to play for daboll im the future, he would love to. He said daboll is the best coach he ever had (he said this last off-season, before it was as obvious how good a coach Daboll is). 

He hasn't said much about specific needs but he said that the bills biggest offensive problem is the lack of efficiency at getting 6-8 yards when they just need to move the chains. He said that skill is what made Brady the Goat, and what the bengals and chiefs do at a much higher level than we do. He said he wasn’t sure whether Josh, other personnel, or scheme where most to blame for this.

Thanks - good stuff!

13 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I love Dabs and I think he was able to keep Josh in check and reel him back in if he got into hero ball mode.  I don't get the same sense from Dorsey and I think Dorsey's play calling feeds that tendency.

I was fine with Dorsey taking over for Dabs since I thought the offense would look essentially identical.  That's not what we got and the offense often times seemed to have no rhyme or reason for the plays being called and they lacked the ability to play situational football.  I hope they can figure that out this off season.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Josh can curl Steff…I would advise Steff to tread carefully instead 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.