Does anyone have a time for Beane and for McDermott's season end address to the media?

Beck Water

What's the point? It's just gonna be a bunch of babble and no substance!

Let me summarize:

"A very disappointing end to the season. We played an excellent football team here, but we also didn't have our best game. Lots of things we'll look at, things we'll work on to fix which ultimately starts with me (regardless of who's speaking). We'll have the offseason to look at those things and we'll work on those to get better as a football team moving forward."

followed by a bunch of softball questions and vanilla answers.

End of press conference.

Edited by Fleezoid

Answer to one of my questions

Sean McDermott was available this afternoon about 4:30 pm

If that doesn't work

https://fb.watch/ieXDqBLb_G/

may do it

The link on the Buffalo Bills website appears to be broken and/or the video taken down - it does need editing badly because the camera kept zooming in and out, it was rather obnoxious

But here's their in-house media coverage of it, for whatever it's worth:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-5-takeaways-from-bills-hc-sean-mcdermott-s-season-ending-press-conference

9 hours ago, Malazan said:

just look up the one from last season.. it will be similar

8 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Let me summarize:

"A very disappointing end to the season. We played an excellent football team here, but we also didn't have our best game. Lots of things we'll look at, things we'll work on to fix which ultimately starts with me (regardless of who's speaking). We'll have the offseason to look at those things and we'll work on those to get better as a football team moving forward."

End of press conference.

OK, I hear that the two of you don't find value in these.  But the title of the thread was pretty clear and explicit IMO.  Why not just move on by, if you don't find value?

I personally found a bunch of interesting bits in McDermott's presser, and expect to find another handful in Beane's.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Negan said:

The fans have turned on this coaching staff and pretty soon front office with this bs product they put on the field yesterday.

It's refreshing to see more vitriol against McD then we saw after :13.  I'm sure during his season ending press conference he'll pull out all his deflecting skills. He won't take responsibility for failed defensive picks. He won't take responsibility for completely neglecting the OL these last 6 years. But at least now there is legitimate heat on his position.  I will always blame him more than Beane because Sean is the one making most of these failed defensive picks at the expense of protecting qb1.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I have been fairly consistent with my thoughts on McD - the best NFL coach with regards to establishing a team-first culture and setting standards, but questionable as a game-day coach and as a sounding board when it comes to drafting and trading.

That said, it sounded to me like his exit interview was full of accountability. Yes, there were some cliches and platitudes, but for the most part I thought it sounded very genuine. I certainly don't think he has deserved some of the vitriol he has copped from some here, even though the buck stops with him.

My gut feeling based on his comments is that some big changes are coming.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That was probably the most open interview McD has ever given. I grew tired of listening to his pressers because they were always vague and he refused to answer anything with a response we didn’t already know was  coming. I found it interesting he wouldn’t commit to the same coordinators being here next year. I do like Beane’s pressers and expect to learn something tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I have been fairly consistent with my thoughts on McD - the best NFL coach with regards to establishing a team-first culture and setting standards, but questionable as a game-day coach and as a sounding board when it comes to drafting and trading.

That said, it sounded to me like his exit interview was full of accountability. Yes, there were some cliches and platitudes, but for the most part I thought it sounded very genuine. I certainly don't think he has deserved some of the vitriol he has copped from some here, even though the buck stops with him.

My gut feeling based on his comments is that some big changes are coming.

The 13 seconds debacle was horrible because the Bills had the game won. However, everyone knew the Bills would be back and strong contenders for the Super Bowl.

Yesterday was a nightmare because they were never truly in the game. McDermott knows how bad this looks, and cannot afford to just deflect from it.

I hope that things are about to change at One Bills Drive.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Let me summarize:

End of press conference.

“There’s a few things we’d like to have back and we are gonna learn from this and move forward as a football team”. and then literally no one grills them on the blatant failures 

His most honest press conference of the year on some fronts. You can tell there is a lot more going through his head still that won’t come out. 

i wish a reporter would ask him how many more chances for a Super Bowl should you get Sean?  

or

what’s the long term strategy to maximize team success with the remaining few years of elite qb play?

nobody wants to hear it but Josh could already be more than half way through his career. 

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

His most honest press conference of the year on some fronts. You can tell there is a lot more going through his head still that won’t come out. 

Agreed

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i wish a reporter would ask him how many more chances for a Super Bowl should you get Sean? 

That would just be a bridge-burning dickish kind of question IMHO.  What would you expect a HC to say to that?  It would be like Sullivan stating (not asking) to Josh Allen "this offense isn't playing at a Superbowl winning level right now" instead of asking "What changes do you feel need to be made to raise the level of offensive play and make sure you're playing at a Championship level?" or something like that.

You get a chance to ask a question, why not ask something where you might get an interesting answer. 

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

??

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Agreed

That would just be a bridge-burning dickish kind of question IMHO.  What would you expect a HC to say to that?  It would be like Sullivan stating (not asking) to Josh Allen "this offense isn't playing at a Superbowl winning level right now" instead of asking "What changes do you feel need to be made to raise the level of offensive play and make sure you're playing at a Championship level?" or something like that.

You get a chance to ask a question, why not ask something where you might get an interesting answer. 

??

Sure kitty word smith however you need to, but what’s the answer??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.