How many chances will McDermott get?

Awwufelloff

12 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Sean McDermott will be here until he decides he doesn’t want to be. Y’all forget this franchise was a walking doormat for 20 years. 

Without a QB.  The last 3 years is more Allen then McD.

The walking doormat was usually 7-9 to 9-7 with no QBs.

He should be fired right now along with both coordinators.  When you're the consensus Super bowl favorite and you get dominated on your home field in the 2nd round, you get fired.  What is the reason to keep the guy around?  He blew the 13 seconds game last year (I would have fired him then) and he comes back this year and doesn't get the #1 seed and doesn't make the Super Bowl.  Good bye.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Without a QB.  The last 3 years is more Allen then McD.

The walking doormat was usually 7-9 to 9-7 with no QBs.

Don't forget the absence of Tom Brady in division most likely helped end the doormat era more than praising Jeebus in the locker room.

The league is going entirely Offensive minded Head coaches.

Its an offensive league.

The biggest problem with McD is that he doesn't understand offense and that was covered up when Daboll was here.  McD didn't need to understand offense.

But when Daboll left, there was no one to give oversight to Dorsey, a junior level OC.

McD should at least be able to look at Dorsey's playbook and understand exactly what's going on.

Look that the oversight Reid or Zac Taylor can give to their OC's or even change up the playbook or introduce new plays.

I like McD.  But the writing's on the wall.  With McD we can beat teams in our division, but we'll never be able to beat the elite teams of the AFC or NFC.

In fact, we used to be the number 2 team in the AFC and now have fallen back to number 3 behind the bengals.

So what do we do ? Change it up or stick with the same results again ?

McD has hit his ceiling

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel we need to move on. WHO trusts or believes things will be different next year if we keep him.  I don't!  If the staff stays I don't care how many moves we make or who we draft. The results will be the same. Cincy, KC and SF fans have to be ecstatic to have great talented players with competent coaches. We got Allen, Diggs and a coach who loves character players only. And i'm sick of hearing they drafted so and so because he's a "character guy".

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BernieBill said:

He should be fired right now along with both coordinators.  When you're the consensus Super bowl favorite and you get dominated on your home field in the 2nd round, you get fired.  What is the reason to keep the guy around?  He blew the 13 seconds game last year (I would have fired him then) and he comes back this year and doesn't get the #1 seed and doesn't make the Super Bowl.  Good bye.

I like to phrase it in a simple way that makes you really think about it.   How many years of having Josh Allen as your qb and  Not make the Superbowl does one get?  Seriously?  Imo with their defensive mindset, they have peaked, at their ceiling now.  Only way to get better is to move on and find someone that knows what an offense is.  Without Josh Allen Beane and McDermott would have probably been fired last year as we woukd be the worst team in the division 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

I worry about Beane's ability to build a roster.  Oline was middle of the pack to below average.  Saffold, Brown were disappointing and I'm starting to think we overpaid for Bates.

Burrow, Hurts, Purdy have an amazing group of skill players, we have Diggs and a bunch of JAGs (or not used properly).

Invested heavily in Dline (Oliver, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, Miller)... Rousseau might turn into a playmaker and hopefully Von returns to form.  However, not close to good ROI on this.

4 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I like to phrase it in a simple way that makes you really think about it.   How many years of having Josh Allen as your qb and  Not make the Superbowl does one get?  Seriously?  Imo with their defensive mindset, they have peaked, at their ceiling now.  Only way to get better is to move on and find someone that knows what an offense is.  Without Josh Allen Beane and McDermott would have probably been fired last year as we woukd be the worst team in the division 

And the Bills have a defensive minded coach and you got to think the defense has peaked. The offense that's solely on Josh Allen.  Is there any indication that we can give McDermott any credit for the offensive performance of this team? If that's the best you can do on defense it doesn't bode well.

1 minute ago, All I Need is Hope said:

I worry about Beane's ability to build a roster.  Oline was middle of the pack to below average.  Saffold, Brown were disappointing and I'm starting to think we overpaid for Bates.

Burrow, Hurts, Purdy have an amazing group of skill players, we have Diggs and a bunch of JAGs (or not used properly).

Invested heavily in Dline (Oliver, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, Miller)... Rousseau might turn into a playmaker and hopefully Von returns to form.  However, not close to good ROI on this.

It is a massive concern if you look at the last few years drafts.  I just don't see what they see in this so called Championship defense that they seem so obsessed with.  On top of that, he has not been good at drafting to create thus so called defense.  He has hit on 1 pick, and the only reason he still has a job here, Josh Allen

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And the Bills have a defensive minded coach and you got to think the defense has peaked. The offense that's solely on Josh Allen.  Is there any indication that we can give McDermott any credit for the offensive performance of this team? If that's the best you can do on defense it doesn't bode well.

4 1st and 3 2nds on the Dline.  Where are they?  That in itself is almost a fireable offense

• Like (+1) 2

My concern with McDermott is, since he's become HC, the Bills have had at least one blow out each season.

2017: vs Saints (10-47); at Chargers (24-54); vs Patriots (3-23); at Patriots (16-37)

2018: at Ravens (3-47); at Packers (0-22); at Colts (5-37); vs Patriots (6-25); vs Bears (9-41)

2019: vs Eagles (15-31)

2020: at Titans (16-42)

2021: at Colts (15-41)

2022: vs Bengals (10-27)

Every single season there's been at least one game where the Bills haven't turned up on any side of the ball. Where they look clueless, out of their depth, unsur what they're supposed to do, unable to complete even the simplest of schemes and plans. Can we trust the Bills to turn up and not mess the bed at any given time across the board under McDermott? That's my big question heading into the post season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.