Bills players were done with this year

Billzgobowlin

42 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Here come the excuses….  We’ve seen this for the last few years… in big games can’t stop the run and can’t get no pressure. CIN knew that … so guess what here comes there run game , and burrow has all day. We got our a$$ kicked hard. And what’s sad is this team has a lot of holes to fill. 

Exactly.  Bills fans need to be more like Yankee fans.  Ruthless.  If the fan base keeps loving on these guys, which they do, they will never see change.

• Agree 1

I think this is actually correct Opie, the team was mentally done.

just another reason we need some coaching changes.  at the very least let frazer take a walk and have claps take over the d (not ideal, but a change is needed).  

i was looking over some stuff, and we had the number 2 d in the nfl in 2018, josh's rookie year.  our o was perhaps the worst, and we had cheeks for wr/te, and o line.  free agent (from the prior year) safeties poyer and hyde were our starters, levi and tre white (before he lost his mojo) at corner,  rookie lb edmunds who had no clue in a lot of games, milano started getting burn, and we had a rag tag of zero stars in a rotation at DL.

basically, we got the same friggen results (which were over all awesome at the time given who we had, i will admit) on D that we get now, but we have added 2 2nds, 2 1sts, and big free agent money to the line, a 3rd at lb (riding the pine) a couple late picks at S (stinking when our starter gets hurt) and a 1st and some late picks at corner.  we got trucked by running teams who can pass some then, we get trucked by running teams who can pass some now.  

i don't know if it's all on mcd, frazer, or whatever mix, but we simply have not added enough physicality to our D line, and we spend way way too much money on non elite smaller guys who play off of the ball.  

as far as cinci balling all over us w ups drivers at OL, its pretty clear our O roster and our O scheme is simply not good enough.

we are a front running emotional team, and that can get us down badly, and allen bails out bad coaching and roster moves or else we get crushed by good teams.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Two games from the Super Bowl and they just decided it’s too much?

If that’s the case, they are mentally weaker than I thought .. and we need an even bigger house cleaning. 

They got punched in the face by a better coached, tougher team. 

Once they got dazed, they had no plan.  No coaches that could help.  Just had to take the beating. 

There are no excuses.  It was embarrassing for every single person involved in this organization.  

It’s the type of loss, in Year 3 of contending, that precedes change. 

Yeah, I said all this ***** last year that McDermott was too soft to do anything important and was shunned and had every one of my next posts deleted lol. 

If this was really the mindset of this team, then that is an indictment on the coaching staff.

You should value and appreciate every opportunity that you are lucky enough to get, and make the most of each and every chance you get in the NFL.

I personally think we are a soft team that has zero creativity on either side of the ball, and it has led to a team that can't dominate up front on either side of the ball. 

Any player or coach that wanted this season to be over with should no longer be on this team...simple as that

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

The signs of this loss coming were apparent way back in October.  

But anyone in Bills Mafia who suggested this team wasn't Super Bowl caliber was told they were being too critical.

Regardless of W-L record or what DVOA says, I've been holding this team to a "Super Bowl or bust" standard since Week 1.  Time and time again, they failed the eye test.  With each passing week, it became painfully clear this team wasn't as good as their record. 

I'm upset, but not surprised.  I haven't really enjoyed this season since Minnesota in Week 10, because that was the moment in my heart that I realized it wasn't happening this season.  Every week I hoped they would prove me wrong.  Instead, they just confirmed we were in for a disappointing finish.

The worst thing about a loss like this is gives everyone that is pessimistic and critical of every single thing the opportunity to stand up, pound their chest and shout for vindication. 

1 hour ago, McBean said:

The reasons above should’ve been used as fuel to win it all.

Weak post.

Totally disagree. I think the OP nailed it. The team was emotionally exhausted. They went through shite no other team has been through, and it's not an excuse to point it out. Yes, all flaws are just as relevant, from talent and coaching to individual performances. But they've been running on fumes since the Damar episode, and they finally hit empty. Easy to say they should have used the many traumas as fuel to win it all. Really easy. Have another beer while saying it. 

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

I would have fired him after last years debacle 

This isn’t going to be a popular take but he was both the right and wrong coach during and after the Hamlin incident. He was perfect for a day or so, and then he needed to get himself and his team back to football. They were playing on fumes from that point on. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

The worst thing about a loss like this is gives everyone that is pessimistic and critical of every single thing the opportunity to stand up, pound their chest and shout for vindication. 

Its not pessimism.  Its realism. Two years in a row fail to make the AFC Championship.  What was the,story? Just get home field and it will be ok. They just got destroyed at home. 

Yes they had injuries.  Did Cincinnati not have injuries? Did KC not trade away their best WR? 

The reality is we are further from a  Championship today than we were two years ago. That is an indictment on McDermott and Beane. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

No.  The worst thing is seeing the Cincinnati Bengals lap your organization 2 years running.  

I think it is a convenient excuse and there may be some truth to it, but when you look back this has been a sloppy team all year whose talent usually could overcome it.  It finally caught up to them in a big way yesterday against a really good team who played a precision game while we didn't (again).   

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Two games from the Super Bowl and they just decided it’s too much?

If that’s the case, they are mentally weaker than I thought .. and we need an even bigger house cleaning. 

They got punched in the face by a better coached, tougher team. 

Once they got dazed, they had no plan.  No coaches that could help.  Just had to take the beating. 

There are no excuses.  It was embarrassing for every single person involved in this organization.  

It’s the type of loss, in Year 3 of contending, that precedes change. 

If you have ever had a series of events that repeatedly cause you to have to "dip into the tank" mentally and emotionally over a long period of time, at some point you simply run out. There is only so much left in there and that tank doesn't get refilled during a season. When it runs out, you see what happened yesterday.  It eventually exerts itself physically.  They had to dip into the tank against the Fins last week again and that seemed like it emptied the tank.  

Honestly, the tank was far bigger and deeper than I expected, but even that ran out at some point. I can't even really be mad, these are people, not robots.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wish people would stop making excuses for another one of their no-show choke jobs. If they can’t use what happened this year as motivation to win and can’t show up for the biggest game of the season, that shows how mentally weak they are. They can love each other all they want, but the team lacks a killer instinct and it’s more obvious than ever 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd love to get an insiders perspective as to why they came out so flat yesterday.  That game was over 7 minutes into the first quarter.  I think we all realized it but hoped for Superman Josh to show up.  If I had to hand out game balls for the Bills the list would be:

• Hamlin?
  • Knox?

Honestly that's the best I can do.  Maybe  Beas?  the bar is pretty low but that was such a low effort performance it was just embarrassing.  Made more so by the fact that they looked like a team from Florida who never saw snow before. 

4 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

I wish people would stop making excuses for another one of their no-show choke jobs. If they can’t use what happened this year as motivation to win and can’t show up for the biggest game of the season, that shows how mentally weak they are. They can love each other all they want, but the team lacks a killer instinct and it’s more obvious than ever 

Astute observation!  I've worked in Sales organizations where everyone were friends, happy hour after work, attending eachothers kids parties and so on. Great places to work!  But we didnt move many widgets.  Then I've been in others where there was backstabbing, toxic people, and so on, but people got to number and everyone made money.  Counter intuitive but I guess people can get comfortable and lose focus on the reason they are there.

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Don't misunderstand what I said.  They didn't decide it was too much.  I honestly believe they played their hearts out but I think they were emotionally spent.  Might not be something you understand but this team has lived off of passion and yesterday they died because of lack of it. 

To be fair.  Josh Allen didn't seem to be spitting fire the way he was against the chiefs in last year's divisional round so I will agree with you on that.   Overall though the loss yesterday seemed to fall more on coaching and team building than anything.  Years of misused draft picks is starting to show it's ugly face.  There's no other explanation for such an ugly physical mismatch on both lines.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.