So who do we lose to free agency this year?

bills6969

We desperately need to improve our lines on both sides of the ball.  Allen has been under a lot of pressure, and he's starting to get a lot more jumpy.  And, we have failed to get pressure on opposing QBs too often this year.  I'll also add that our playcalling has been suspect.  I didn't understand, for example, why we didn't jam the receivers when Frazier called an all-out blitz in the second quarter.  Go all-in with the weather conditions if you're going to call it in your redzone.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Murdox said:

We desperately need to improve our lines on both sides of the ball.  Allen has been under a lot of pressure, and he's starting to get a lot more jumpy.  And, we have failed to get pressure on opposing QBs too often this year.  I'll also add that our playcalling has been suspect.  I didn't understand, for example, why we didn't jam the receivers when Frazier called an all-out blitz in the second quarter.  Go all-in with the weather conditions if you're going to call it in your redzone.

Agrees...for the amount of money and picks we have spent on the DLine they came up very very short today against a garbage OLine.

Miller and Jones being out today hurt but that wasn't going to make that big of a difference today.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's because Edmund's is a solid player but the knock is he is a tick behind on instincts and processing.

Would I want him back?  Absolutely? Do I want him back for 15+ million per?  No...not unless that comes with an O-Line, a 2nd receiver, a healthy Von Miller, and 2 new coordinators.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Probably Poyer.  Who else?

11 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

Edmunds. The Bengals picked on him today. They required him to make quick decisions and guess wrong on about all of them. 

Agreed. Saffold too. He was a bad signing and should not be back. Motor probably depends on price. Lots to debate. List of FAs is here:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

Spotrac estimates Edmunds’ value at $11M AAV. I’d be okay with that, but no way he takes it. He’ll be looking for a whole lot more and I think some team will give it to him. I just don’t want it to be the Bills.

They have Motor’s at $5.5M. I think the RB market will push down salaries. I’d look to sign him or a comparable RB for a lot less.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Given how much this defense underachieves, they need to take a good hard look top to bottom.  For the amount of resources they've sunk into this defense, the return on investment is lacking.  And it's always most evident in big games like this one.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

This game certainly did not provide motivation to re-sign Poyer, Edmunds, Saffold and Motor.  Problem is that we do not have replacements on the roster for Poyer and Edmunds, or the cap space to sign free agent upgrades.  I assume most of our free agents will be gone, mostly because of salary cap constraints. 

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

This game certainly did not provide motivation to re-sign Poyer, Edmunds, Saffold and Motor.  Problem is that we do not have replacements on the roster for Poyer and Edmunds, or the cap space to sign free agent upgrades.  I assume most of our free agents will be gone, mostly because of salary cap constraints. 

The salary cap isn't real and they could easily free up space with some restructures

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.